Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

We wanted to check out the speciality restaurants, since we bought the Chef's Table dining package. This was Viking lounge. One side was converted to Chops Grille, the other to Izumi.

so is the Viking Crown gone? If not, doesn't look like there is much left. I use to love having drinks there overlooking the pool deck. :confused:

so is the Viking Crown gone? If not, doesn't look like there is much left. I use to love having drinks there overlooking the pool deck. :confused:

The Viking is still a good size. Chops is in the area behind the bar and has a view aft and izumis is in the area behind the lifts. So izumis now overlooks the pool deck.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Just booked room 8086 which seems to be right next door to your room.

Do you have additional photos of the JR suite? I heard they were small JR suites on legend and just trying to get an idea.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked room 8086 which seems to be right next door to your room.

Do you have additional photos of the JR suite? I heard they were small JR suites on legend and just trying to get an idea.:confused:

Check out my SingaporeCruising Facebook page for more pics. Link in my signature.

• 1 month later...
Do all cabins have iPads or just the suites?

(fingers crossed:confused:)

Definitely only the suites. sorry to burst your bubble :(

According to a Press Release from Nov 2011, ALL Vision Class ships will be equipped with iPads in every stateroom within two years....

I wonder if anyone who recently sailed in an inside, OV or balcony can confirm??

An iPad in every cabin? That's the plan at one cruise line

By Gene Sloan, USA TODAY Updated 11/25/2011

Should every cabin on a cruise ship come with an iPad? At least one major line is giving the idea a try.

Royal Caribbean this week announced it would have an iPad in every cabin of the 1,804-passenger Splendour of the Seas by mid-February in what it's billing as an industry first, and it'll add the Apple devices to the cabins of five more of its 22 ships within two years.

Royal Caribbean says the iPads will be programmed to let passengers access the ship's daily listing of events and activities and to see a personal daily itinerary including shore excursions. Passengers will be able to use the devices to monitor their onboard account, order room service, view restaurant menus, access the Internet and watch movies. In short, the iPads will act much like the interactive television systems found on many ships.

The five additional Royal Caribbean ships scheduled to get iPads in every cabin are all part of the line's Vision Class series and include Legend of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas and Vision of the Seas. All of the vessels are scheduled to undergo major revitalizations in dry dock over the next two years.

Royal Caribbean says passengers will be allowed to carry the iPads around the ships.

Fantastic pictures by the way.

Edited by icsys

You've done a wonderful review -thank you! The food looks amazing. We just returned from Celebrity Solstice in Alaska and the food looked nothing like your pics. We can't wait to return to RCCL.

We are considering a New England cruise on Legend next year. I heard the gym was small and over crowded. Do you have any pictures or info on those facilities?

According to a Press Release from Nov 2011, ALL Vision Class ships will be equipped with iPads in every stateroom within two years....

I wonder if anyone who recently sailed in an inside, OV or balcony can confirm??

We disembarked the Vision on Saturday. There were no iPads in the 3 deck 6 balcony cabins we had.

We disembarked the Vision on Saturday. There were no iPads in the 3 deck 6 balcony cabins we had.

Thanks for that info.

This confirms what I have read... iPad rollout has been scrapped. They are only available in Suite staterooms on selected ships.

Edited by icsys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished reading your review and loved it, sounds like you and your family had a great time. My husband and I arrive in Singapore 30 December this year and leave for a 5 night cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. First time to Singapore as well as our first cruise. So we have lots to look forward to. We are Australian.

Firstly, Singapore (very excited) and Singapore on New Year's Eve (even more excited). Secondly, the day my DH turns 50 (probably going to book Chops or Giovanni's tonight) we board the MOS sailing the Port Klang (KL). We are going to stay on the ship rather than going onshore as DH has been to KL previously for business and is happy to give it a miss. Then we sail on the Penang, where we'll go ashore. Phuket is our next port, we've been there before approximately 18 years ago (expecting lots of changes)' then we have a day at sea for our return to Singapore.

Two things that I'm going to make sure I do is to be up for the sunrise as being from Western Australia we have a land sunrise and a ocean sunset. After seeing your beautiful pictures of the sunrise especially entering Singapore, this has to be a must.

There is also a lack of reviews for the Mariner of the Seas on her Asian route. I see you're booked for a sail on her early next year.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for your review, it's given us heaps to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...
Hot breakfast offerings. The egg muffins were really good. They would heat it up for you in the microwave.

iwrwhc.jpg

Table mats were cool, like grass turf.

30uu87d.jpg

Sure looks nicer than Cafe Promenade. I wouldn't be surprised if Royal went to Panera and other bakery concepts and took the best from them.

The Park Cafe seems to have more variety than the Cafe Promendae. Looking forward to my upcoming Splendour of The Seas cruise in April.

BTW Does the Splendour have the same features and looks as the Legend? Is there also a secrete staircase on the Splendour from Deck 8 Aft to the Solarium? If so would save time from Deck 3(:

This was the drinks area for the Park Café.

152cq4w.jpg

Was there Hot Chocolate too? If so this is where I'll be going to make my Famous Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Milk and cream on top with a packet of Splenda and mix it in.

Also did they have English Breakfast Tea(Twinnings)?

Was there Hot Chocolate too? If so this is where I'll be going to make my Famous Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Milk and cream on top with a packet of Splenda and mix it in.

Also did they have English Breakfast Tea(Twinnings)?

Wow I am going to try that on Legend cruise. I really like the Park Café and actually missed it on Freedom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.. we will be on the Legend in Feb 2014, and I'm trying to determine if the Superior Ocean View with Balcony cabins have a tea/coffee pot in the cabin.. some reviews show or mention it, others say no, others say no but you can ask for it, and some say just plain no.

Any info would be appreciated

Peter