Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

Thanks for a great review.

Just wondering if all the passengers were Asian, or if there were any Americans and Europeans on board as well?

Thanks again.

There were some Europeans and Americans, but for this cruise they were in the minority. 1,400 of the 1,800 pax were from Singapore. I think there were less than 30 Americans.

We had the privilege of partnering a couple from Hawaii for our Progressive Trivia (conducted over 3 sea days). The winning team had a lady from the UK (who knew everything). Our team came in second, though we lost to the 1st place team by a mile.

:)

Have you seen my other reviews? Voyager of the Seas.

I see that you are going on the Mariner of the Seas. Which sailing and which itinerary?

Not yet! Probably will check it out some other time. haha i'm going on the 7 Feb 2014 sailing, a 5-night cruise to Port Klang, Penang and Phuket! :D

Not yet! Probably will check it out some other time. haha i'm going on the 7 Feb 2014 sailing, a 5-night cruise to Port Klang, Penang and Phuket! :D

We have not done this cruise with Royal. Somehow, my family isn't too keen.

Anyway, hope you like my Voyager of the Seas reviews too.

Here are the links:

Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas June 2012 Singapore to Shanghai

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1656116

Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas Dec 2012 Australia & NZ

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754553

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Yep I am! :) If i did a review, it'll never be this detailed! haha

Strongly encourage you to do a picture review.

You can see from the responses to the various picture reviews that cruise critic forum members generally love such reviews. It is a great way to share information and to update one another with regard to the ships and the itinerary.

For me, doing picture reviews started out as hobby, just to re-live my cruise. Now, it has almost become like a must-do after my cruises, because I know that many other members here also enjoy looking at the pictures.

I don't remember finding any picture review of your upcoming Mariner itinerary on these threads. You could be the first!!

Thinking further, you could also help be a cruise ambassador for Singapore and the South East Asian region. Help entice and attract more of our foreign friends to visit Singapore and our region!!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you!

We are on the Legend for a TA next April. Some are saing on that thread that:

1. Your account info is not availaboe of your TV

2. On the safe in your cabin, you use the magnetic strip on a card....not a combination.

Some are unhappy with these two issues.

Can you confirm these ?

Edited by margaret a

G'day Margaret,

We have just entered Suez Canal on LOTS. We have a junior suite and safe is a combination one. This may not be the same for all cabin types. Swipe card safes are not an issue, see my previous posts on the subject.

Account info is on an iPad that is provided in your room. It also has other useful info plus games, etc and you can take it around the ship. Wifi is available ship wide but is very slow.

Regards

G'day Margaret,

We have just entered Suez Canal on LOTS. We have a junior suite and safe is a combination one. This may not be the same for all cabin types. Swipe card safes are not an issue, see my previous posts on the subject.

Account info is on an iPad that is provided in your room. It also has other useful info plus games, etc and you can take it around the ship. Wifi is available ship wide but is very slow.

Regards

That's really good to know - so they actually have the fabled ipads on Legend? It's the first time I've heard of a ship which has them. :)

G'day Margaret,

Regards

Oh cool! We didn't have iPads on our cruise.

As for the safe, it was the standard number combi type and not a swipe card.

Strongly encourage you to do a picture review.

You can see from the responses to the various picture reviews that cruise critic forum members generally love such reviews. It is a great way to share information and to update one another with regard to the ships and the itinerary.

For me, doing picture reviews started out as hobby, just to re-live my cruise. Now, it has almost become like a must-do after my cruises, because I know that many other members here also enjoy looking at the pictures.

I don't remember finding any picture review of your upcoming Mariner itinerary on these threads. You could be the first!!

Thinking further, you could also help be a cruise ambassador for Singapore and the South East Asian region. Help entice and attract more of our foreign friends to visit Singapore and our region!!

Have you thought of doing a blog? Your reviews and photos are so great that I am sure it would be wonderful to read. And you could post links from the Cc threads.

Thanks. I will be on the LOTS next year for the TA and Fijords cruises b2b. Dd you see the new Panoramic ocean view cabins, by any chance?

Anne

G'day Margaret,

Regards

Left ship at Dubai. Spoke to Francois Hotel Director on last night and he was talking about concerns over day 21 to 24 so guess you are through with no problem. We were upgraded from 6058 toJS 8044. Our friends were in 6050 and disappointed with lack of fridge and poor storage in stateroom. We also had problems with My time dining. Otherwise wonderful cruise.I pads only fitted our second week. Has satellite news been restored?

Happy to be of help.

100 Singapore dollars is way too expensive for a 3 pm transfer from Singapore Changi Airport to Clarke Quay. Normal metered taxi should cost no more than 30sgd. But you would need 2 taxis. Still cheaper than 100.

Or just go to the ground transport desk to get a large taxi. I think they charge a flat rate of 60 to anywhere on the island.

Thank you for advice about transportation. We did as you suggested and very quickly were found a van to take us to Clarke Quay on April 2. Just loved Singapore. Took your advice and stayed up the first evening. We took a taxi to Gardens on Bay and watched the marvelous light display. Had a walk around the Quay and found the supermarket for water! Next day we went to Raffles and had the Singapore Sling in the Long Bar. The doorman showed us wrought iron work and stain glass specially made in Glasgow where we live. Very Rennie Macintosh. We went to the top of Marina Sands wow that pool! Felt very safe walking around Clarke Quay. Next day took a tour organised by CC member. Brilliant visited Sentosa and saw all the tourist spots in the city ending up in Orchid Gardens. Noted orchid named after Margaret Thatcher was almost dead. Freakily she died a few days later.

We were lucky to be upgraded to JS when we checked in a nice wee bonus!! Just as well as stateroom 6058 had poor storage and no fridge.

The only negative was my time dining as we had to wait up to 2 hours to be served.

So many Diamonds there was an overflow upstairs in Viking Crown. Poor Andrew was runing back and forwards. Such a nice chap. Passed on your good wishes.. The coffee machine was constantly breaking down with so much use!

We loved all the ports and it certainly was a holiday of a lifetime. All your information helped the anticipation and we found the secret staircase!!!!!!

Thank you again Margaret from Scotland