Omg! Omg! Omg! Ahhhhhhh, waiting to board! =)

gambee

Cruise was excellent. Be sure to see "Liar's Club" with the Captain,Cruise Director and Hotel Director. Very, very amusing. Sat at Bernhard's table and it was a hoot as usual.Dru Pavlov also at the table.Great seeing him again. Heard some rumors floating around concerning Captain's Club (also heard on Connie and Reflection). Guess is that there will be two additional tiers. Current Elites will be grandfathered in, but it will be moredifficultto reach that level. Elites might have drink coupons, the new level to have a lounge. Will use a formula including days and money spent to calculate standing. Let's see how close this is to what actually happens. Perhaps Bailey will make an announcement this week. My source was at a meeting in Miami where the program was ( they said) discussed. There may also be a new job description for the Captain's Club Host/Hostess.

Hi Orator,

I've heard similar things - other than the Captains Club Host/ess item. To be clear - I've heard *nothing* from Celebrity, but from onboard & Cruise Critic chatter. It would be great if Mr Bayley used the SI sailing to make a formal announcement. Everything I've heard, seems as if it's not that close to happening - more like an end of year, or, beginning of 2014 rollout... though I'm always hopeful it might be sooner.

I agree Celebrity must do something about the Elite Level issue, as it's simply too easy to reach. As long as current members are grandfathered, all should be fine. I'd love to see Celebrity add a Captains Club lounge for any levels above Elite. IMO, it's long overdue.

I'm very curious to see if they move to a days sailed and onboard spend system. However, with their current state of technology/website, I would think that would be one heck of an ugly migration of existing data. I hope they test it to the max, before it goes live. Knowing how frustrating their technology is, if it were my call - I'd suggest leaving it at # of cruises sailed, adjusting the Elite level requirement (something around 15 cruise credits) and grandfathering current Elite members. I'd add onboard spending (i.e. bonus cruise credits) at a later date - when their technology resembes something circa 2013. Heck, I'd be fine with circa 2000 right now :)

Thanks for the update and this is just the cynic coming out in me

but haven't we heard this before?:eek:...for years?.....We are now

spring 2013.....who wants to make a bet about how long it will

be for anything to be implemented?:p....IF anything is implemented.

Hi Lois:

I'm also in the "I'll believe it when I see it camp", but I think that what I've been told may actually be the design for a new program that will match the RCCL levels. Time will tell.

Thanks for the update and this is just the cynic coming out in me

but haven't we heard this before?:eek:...for years?.....We are now

spring 2013.....who wants to make a bet about how long it will

be for anything to be implemented?:p....IF anything is implemented.

I hear ya Lois. That's a most understandable statement, but I totally think it will happen this time around. I think it's not an IF question, but more of a WHEN question, and - will Celebrity get it right. That's the major unknowns.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise! We are on the Silhouette in three weeks for the Transatlantic, so I will be watching this thread eagerly.

Can you please let me know who the Captain, Cruise Director and Hotel Director are?

Hope those little ones on both sides of you go to bed early!

And thanks for all the great pictures.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise! We are on the Silhouette in three weeks for the Transatlantic, so I will be watching this thread eagerly.

Can you please let me know who the Captain, Cruise Director and Hotel Director are?

Hope those little ones on both sides of you go to bed early!

And thanks for all the great pictures.

I believe that the Captain will be changing for the TA. Lisa Richards should still be CD and Bernhard will be HD.

Well the captain came up the speakers during the drill and said that we should except a somewhat rocky voyage tomorrow as we will be going through a cold front. Hopefully Gambee won't get sick. We are fully stoked on anti nausea meds.

Just waiting to leave port. I don't see any of the ships moving.

On second thought I might update this thread. But won't promise anything. It all depends on the speed of the Internet.

Well the captain came up the speakers during the drill and said that we should except a somewhat rocky voyage tomorrow as we will be going through a cold front. Hopefully Gambee won't get sick. We are fully stoked on anti nausea meds.

Just waiting to leave port. I don't see any of the ships moving.

On second thought I might update this thread. But won't promise anything. It all depends on the speed of the Internet.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

nyhe8ymu.jpg

Almond joy!

Must try!

Bali Hai drink (Malibu Coconut rum · Chambord liqueur · Island Oasis passion fruit) we had it as martini and frozen drink! OMG so good!

Later in the week it is offered as the drink of the day but I would not wait!

Enjoy & have a good time

Joanne

Archived