QM2 Inside Cabins

cruiser101101

They are fine. I had one to myself when travelling on a roundtrip TA with friends. I'm not sure if my husband had been with me, that we would have managed to fit all our clothes in, but for me alone it was ok.

However, I absolutely HATED being inside, found it claustrophobic and became quite anxious when in there, and vowed never to have an inside cabin again. And I/we haven't! But if you are comfortable being in an inside, then you can save a lot of money and they are comfortable enough.

If you are on a budget, can an Inside Cabin work well or is it a pigeon hole?

This applies for a World Voyage Sector of 16 nights minimum.

Just switch the TV on in your stateroom to the Bow Web Cam.:D

I normally book an inside cabin and even with 2 travelling there is no problem at all. I try for deck 6 as that is only 1 deck below the Promenade Deck and all the fresh air that you could want. The wardrobes and bathrooms are identical to most other grades apart from the suites. As advised, if you want to get an illusion of daylight turn on the tv to the bridge camera and mute the sound.

Not with Cunard this time, but we have just completed a 4 week cruise on a Fred Olsen ship with an inside cabin and it was fine. Cunard cabins are more or less the same size and we normally book insides. With us, we spend little or not time on the balcony so consider them to be not a requirement for us.

Hi,

First question: Do you treat the cabin as a bedroom (a place for sleeping and changing) or as a livingroom (reading a book, watching a movie, etc.)?

I fall into the first category and find the insides more than adequate. For someone who fits the second description they may not agree.

QM2 cabin 10039

cabinay1.jpg

cabinby1.jpg

Regards, Colin.

edit to add: This was taken in 2008. I believe they now have flat tvs

Hi,

First question: Do you treat the cabin as a bedroom (a place for sleeping and changing) or as a livingroom (reading a book, watching a movie, etc.)?

I fall into the first category and find the insides more than adequate. For someone who fits the second description they may not agree.

I believe they now have flat tvs

They do.

i-wNc2Sx3-L.jpg

i-DP9zkmw-L.jpg

i-3JhWPhb-L.jpg

I always found there was plenty of light inside the stateroom. The light would come in under the door, so that, and the glow from the air-conditioning control panel, ensured the room was never pitch black.

The inside rooms are great, I never felt cramped or clausto, there was plenty of room. Deck 5 is also good.

Just another voice to state that the inside cabin was no problem for husband and I on 10 day NY to Quebec. Closet storage space was adequate. We spend most of our time out of the cabin on sea days.

NCL inside cabin is very tight if the beds are made up as a king.

The only concern I would have is if I was confined to my stateroom for a few days, at least I could get a sea breeze and sight of the ocean waves from a balcony.

Good Luck!

We have booked an inside cabin on QM2 on 21 day voyage beginning July6th. we have been on QM2 twice before but had an in hull balcony cabin. However, we made five crossings on the QE2 and had an inside cabin for all of them. Did not have any problems at all. It is a good idea to make sure you have an alarm clock with you as there is nothging to indicate sunlight (hence day time) upon awakening.

We just got back from a WC segment of 40 days and had our first inside cabin on QM2. We were apprehensive in the beginning about feeling closed in and we had no problem with that at all. There is plenty of lighting in the cabin so it did not seem too dark for us. But as others have said you can leave the TV on the webcam channel, but we did not feel that made much difference to us. The thing for us was no fresh air or circulated air as we both have a bit of problem with dust. To battle that we just had the steward vacuum extra vigorously. I have also heard you can have them check/clean the "vent" in the room and that can help with dust too; although, I need to try that next time.

Archived