!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

We grabbed our drink and went upstairs to our room, it had been a long day and we were both in need of some rest.

On the way up they had a game show in celebrity central going on, something like jeopardy.

DSC03256_zps7152195a.jpg

DSC03259_zps04e93462.jpg

When we got to our room we noticed two desserts waiting for us, they were from Tuscan from the night before. I guess maybe they forgot, but at least they tried to redeem themselves.

Tiramisu

DSC03263_zps33ac9d65.jpg

Creme brule

DSC03264_zps8af8a215.jpg

I was pretty full by then, I had a tinny bite from each and that was it. I was not impressed at all...

I stepped outside with my weather proof camera and got these two pics. It was really windy, in this voyage we did not get to enjoy our balcony as much as we did on the Allure.

DSC00684_zps16add566.jpg

DSC00685_zps5eb35214.jpg

Full steam ahead!

DSC03267_zpsb3f1419d.jpg

Please note the wind speed.

DSC03268_zps0be207fb.jpg

So do you remember how I said before that I did not sleep very well the two prior nights because of the lack of noise. Well I had the very bright idea :D to open the door slightly and that my friends did the trick. I slept like a baby that night :)

We actually went to bed pretty early that night, I think it was around 9:00pm. I went to bed watching one of my favorite tv shows "The Office" =)

Day 3, Ending.

Next up Grand Cayman!

Thank you so much for a fantastic review! We are Princess fans but it would be nice to try something new. I always wanted to try Celebrity but, for us, Princess is so much easier since we have only one hour drive to the port of Los Angeles (San Pedro).

I can't wait for your sailing on Princess and see what you think of it. Happy belated birthday and while we wait for the rest of your review, I will check out your Allure review!

I am sailing in 6 days and so happy about it. I will post a live from but probably without photos since I still have trouble posting them on this site.

Again, thank you for a fabulous review!

Someone asked about the clips, here they are.

DSC03007_zpse1eae459.jpg

I think she also bought one with an orca whale design to them.

May I ask what do you use these clips for and where did you get them? A way to keep track of which chair is yours perhaps?

DSC03007_zpse1eae459.jpg

May I ask what do you use these clips for and where did you get them? A way to keep track of which chair is yours perhaps?

I'm not Gambee, but the clips help keep your towel from flying off your chair. You clip your towel to the chair with them. You can buy them in any beach store and they might even sell them on the ship, but not sure about that.

Gambee, excellent review. It's bringing back so many memories from when we sailed the Silly. I forgot about the sushi each night....I used to stop and have that as an appetizer before going to the room to get ready for dinner. I can't believe you never ate a burger at the Mast Grill........their burgers were the best we had on any cruise ship and we pretty much had that for lunch every sea day...........LOL Did you try the French Onion Soup in the MDR? That was my favorite each night.

BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Really enjoying your review.....

Patty

Edited by beachbuddy

Blankets in Cozumel?? Wow, I still can't believe it. Weatherwise, you were very unlucky that day.

Michael Kors stores on board Solstice Class ships? Oh my! Another good reason to try one in the future!;)

Looking forward to your day at the Cayman Islands.....LOVE that port.:)

Just 2 quick questions

1. Could you please post a picture of you and your mom. I love following your review, but would love to put a face to the story.

2. on the video clips you post they jusT Seem to show up as pictures not videos, how can I watch the, I use a air mac computer.

Thanks Norma

DSC03007_zpse1eae459.jpg

I am not Gambee ;) but you can buy them at Bealls (if you have one near you; for others, Bealls is a FL store).

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

Hey Gambee,

Thank you for making a wet Sunday evening in England more enjoyable - I have just read the entire 38 pages of your review.

I am not sailing on the Silhoutte, nor am I sailing to the Caribbean but have thoroughly enjoyed your review so far and am looking forward to your next installment.

Love Maureen.xx:)

Well Gambee,.....I went and bought a Sony Nex-F3 today. Yes, you are to blame;). I did get a great deal! An online store had it marked 40% off and a large electronics retail store matches prices! As soon as the battery charges up I will be a shutter pushin' fool!:D

I'm loving the blue lights throughout the ship, especially at night. Of course my favorite color is blue and this ship has plenty of it! :D Solarium looks AMAZING at night!!

Did you catch any of the questions in the game show going on in Celebrity Central? I wonder if it was tougher like Jeopardy or easier

Gambee,

Thank you Thank you, Thank you! I was reading you review and got to page 4 I believe, where you mentioned about looking to see if your ship was still there and you also had the webcam on that page, well, I clicked on the webcam and got to see the liberty of the seas setting sail from the harbor! How exciting it was for me as I have never experienced that and always wanted to! I was in the right place at the right time as I haven't the vaguest idea when ships sailed. So many emotions passed through me as I watched and made me all the more excited for my next cruise in 2014. I read your Allure review and showed it to all my friends and work mates to get someone interested in traveling with me but alas, no takers so Gambee I'm going solo again as I mentioned to you in your Allure review. I don't expect you to remember me but you did advise me to get someone to go with me to cut cost, but what do you do when you have a passion for cruising and can't get anyone to go with you? In my case, I'll go anyways, more expensive but well worth it as I am very social and have a very good time when I go.My last cruise I didn't know anyone but still had a blast. The cruise in 2014 will have 23 other people that I know going so I won't exactly be alone just solo in my cabin. Thanks for this review and I know that I am going to thoroughly enjoy reading it. I even use your pictures as backgrounds on my laptop:D. Stella

Well Gambee,.....I went and bought a Sony Nex-F3 today. Yes, you are to blame;). I did get a great deal! An online store had it marked 40% off and a large electronics retail store matches prices! As soon as the battery charges up I will be a shutter pushin' fool!:D

Hey Gambee, I too also purchased a NEX-3 over the weekend as well. Purchased it at a local Best Buy for way below list price, great camera and already taking amazing pics.

You are "The Man"! my brother. Really enjoying your review of your cruise of the Silhouette.

OH MY GOSH! All I have done is look at your pictures and I am in LOVE with this ship!! I just have to sail on her one of these days! Maybe in 4 years when we do a Eastern Med & Greek Isles cruise. Thanks for spending my money for me Gambee! I'm sure my DH will appreciate it!:)

Yes Gambee, I am a little upset with you. Why? Because I had this weekend planned for spring cleaning and guess what! Yesterday I "stumbled" unto your review of your recent Silhouette cruise. Of course I already knew you were a great source of information because of the terrific info, pictures, etc. that you have provided for the "Breakaway" thread. But I innocently thought I would spend about 30 minutes or so "glancing" through your Silhouette review. Well, 4 hours later, I was about half-way through the review. Then today I spent about the same amount of time finishing reading the review with all the extraordinary details, info, pictures, videos, etc.

Needless to say, I did not complete my spring cleaning chores this weekend. Some would argue that it is my own addiction to cruise critic and lack of willpower that prevented me from doing a cursory review and then leaving to complete my housework sooner. But human nature being what it is, I would rather blame you. :D

Gambee, thank you for preparing such an interesting, detailed, and entertaining review. Between you and LibraryLady, I feel like I am qualified to conduct an S-Class Ships seminar and I have not even sailed on one yet. LOL :) Thanks again!

Yes Gambee, I am a little upset with you. Why? Because I had this weekend planned for spring cleaning and guess what! Yesterday I "stumbled" unto your review of your recent Silhouette cruise. Of course I already knew you were a great source of information because of the terrific info, pictures, etc. that you have provided for the "Breakaway" thread. But I innocently thought I would spend about 30 minutes or so "glancing" through your Silhouette review. Well, 4 hours later, I was about half-way through the review. Then today I spent about the same amount of time finishing reading the review with all the extraordinary details, info, pictures, videos, etc.

Needless to say, I did not complete my spring cleaning chores this weekend. Some would argue that it is my own addiction to cruise critic and lack of willpower that prevented me from doing a cursory review and then leaving to complete my housework sooner. But human nature being what it is, I would rather blame you. :D

Gambee, thank you for preparing such an interesting, detailed, and entertaining review. Between you and LibraryLady, I feel like I am qualified to conduct an S-Class Ships seminar and I have not even sailed on one yet. LOL :) Thanks again!

LOL! Same thing with me only I was supposed to finish homework and apply for scholarships...instead I've been glued to CC reading Gambee's review, Radio's live review on Explorer, and also Bugsy's live review of the Silhouette!

Still haven't finished my HW, I blame Gambee too! :D

Hey Gambee, I too also purchased a NEX-3 over the weekend as well. Purchased it at a local Best Buy for way below list price, great camera and already taking amazing pics.

You are "The Man"! my brother. Really enjoying your review of your cruise of the Silhouette.

I'll have to check out my local Best Buy! How much did you end up having to pay?!

Edited by swim13

Just 2 quick questions

1. Could you please post a picture of you and your mom. I love following your review, but would love to put a face to the story.

2. on the video clips you post they jusT Seem to show up as pictures not videos, how can I watch the, I use a air mac computer.

Thanks Norma

He doesnt want to show there identity, that what he said on his Allure review.????????????

Ok folks, it's been a long day and am beyond tired. I will answer tomorrow to all the comments, sorry I am not getting them sooner.

I will aso work tomorrow on day 4 pics, the pics from that day are really cool!

Sweet Dreams everybody.