FTTF Question - 2 Rooms

CurlyQ132

We have a balcony room and an interior room for our DD's across the hall. We purchased the FTTF program on our room. Do we have to purchase the FTTF program for our other room as well so that our DD's have the same benefits as us? Or is it enough that we just purchased it for the one room?

Someone on another thread posted -

The only way the balcony passengers can board with the suite passengers is if you link their sail and sign card and booking # to your credit card. That is the only way to avoid purchasing the FTTF program

Is this true?

I'm wondering the same thing. We have a balcony and our sons have an Inside room. We just want to get on fast. We probably wouldn't swim or anything and I'm going to carry my camera in my hand. So the main thing would be to get on the ship fast to take pictures w/o people in them and get to know the ship and get that drink!:)

I would hate to make the boys wait a few hours by themselves.:D

If you want to board early together, you will need to purchase it for both cabins. Only the pax booked in the cabin with FTTF will be allowed the priority embarkation. If priority embarkation isn't important, then I think you will be ok just purchasing it for one cabin.

If you want to board early together, you will need to purchase it for both cabins. Only the pax booked in the cabin with FTTF will be allowed the priority embarkation. If priority embarkation isn't important, then I think you will be ok just purchasing it for one cabin.

I really want it so that I can go to my room and unpack. Also I like the idea of priority treatment if I have to go to the service desk in the lobby. That line is usually very long.

Check some other threads. I am pretty sure I read that if you have your kids (younger) in another room you only have to buy it for your room. I am not swearing to this, but I am pretty sure I read it in a thread here. Someone had asked Carnival. As I said we are talking about your younger kids not ones in their 20's.

Check some other threads. I am pretty sure I read that if you have your kids (younger) in another room you only have to buy it for your room. I am not swearing to this, but I am pretty sure I read it in a thread here. Someone had asked Carnival. As I said we are talking about your younger kids not ones in their 20's.

That's what I read too.

We thought same thing... We were told kids in diffrent cabin must pay for FTTF for there cabin also. Our kids are 10 and 14. WE even asked when we checked in at Port to make sure we didnt buy a extra FTTF pass for no reason and lady at desk that checked us in said it was a must even linked on same sail and sign card. But, was still well worth every penny. We boarded from parking car to stuff in room to having lunch on Lido deck in less than 45 minutes this past week.

I am sure Carnival wouldn't want your kids sitting in the waiting area unaccompanied while their parents were on the ship, so they probably would let you all board. But, there room would not be ready as the stewards would have no way of knowing to clean the room early.

Best way to be safe is buy for both cabins...

Per Funville:

QUESTION: We have two cabins, but only our minor children, in the second cabin. Do we still need to book FTTF for their cabin also?

ANSWER: Yes, all cabins, regardless of occupants, will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

Glad that is the rule or there would be lots of people abusing the system.

Getting on the ship first is not important to us. We have other family members that will not purchase the FTTF program and since we all want to board together, we will wait. I do however like the idea of my luggage being sent to my room right away. Therefore since I have only purchased it for my room and not my kids room, at this point, can't I just put my rooms luggage tags on all our lugguge?

We are booking two rooms for our upcoming cruise, one for the wife and I, and one for our sons. We purchased FTTF on both cabins, as that seemed the right thing to do.

This is exactly what people are suppose to do....

but as we all know...people don't always do the right thing.

Glad that is the rule or there would be lots of people abusing the system.

Getting on the ship first is not important to us. We have other family members that will not purchase the FTTF program and since we all want to board together, we will wait. I do however like the idea of my luggage being sent to my room right away. Therefore since I have only purchased it for my room and not my kids room, at this point, can't I just put my rooms luggage tags on all our lugguge?

Just like this. :rolleyes:

Sure you can if you want to CHEAT the system. That's more work for the ship's luggage handlers since they have to get all the Platinum/Diamond/FTTF luggage to the rooms EARLY.

Sure you can if you want to CHEAT the system. That's more work for the ship's luggage handlers since they have to get all the Platinum/Diamond/FTTF luggage to the rooms EARLY.

Currently onboard the Miracle.

Finished check-in just before noon.

Platinum Priority luggage tags and didn't receive them until almost 5:00, after the delayed Muster Drill.

gary

p.s. Now 6:30 and we're just leaving the pier.

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges and guests who purchase the Faster to the Fun program. Cruise tickets for Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe accommodations and those who have purchased the Faster to the Fun program will read, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “Priority Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the four categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified Priority guest.

I am sure Carnival wouldn't want your kids sitting in the waiting area unaccompanied while their parents were on the ship, so they probably would let you all board. But, there room would not be ready as the stewards would have no way of knowing to clean the room early.

Best way to be safe is buy for both cabins...

when we checked in in Miami there was a family ahead of us that purchased the FTTF for one cabin.

They needed to purchase for both- the check in lady made them go wait in the regular line with the kids (older teens) (i thought this a good thing or we would be waiting behind the groups who purchase one cabin for the entire party.

FTTF is very limited 30 cabins

I would buy it for both cabins if you want to get on together.

Archived