The Duchess of Cambridge named as Godmother to Royal Princess

dmwnc1959

The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton is to be godmother to Princess Cruises’ new ship Royal Princess.

The ceremony at which The Duchess will name the ship will take place in Southampton on 13 June, and will be the highlight of week-long inaugural celebrations to welcome the vessel into service.

The spectacular ceremony will uphold British ship-naming traditions including the blessing, a performance by the Royal Marines Band and the pipers of the Irish Guards, together with contemporary highlights.

“It is a great honour for Princess Cruises that Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has accepted our invitation to become the Godmother to Royal Princess,” said Alan Buckelew, the line’s president and CEO. “We are delighted that the Duchess will launch our new ship and can think of no better way to celebrate our company’s British heritage and our commitment to the country.”

Royal Princess will arrive at the Ocean Terminal in Southampton on Friday 7th June where she will commence a series of events for customers and travel agents, including a special naming gala on the evening of Wednesday 12th June. The ship’s inaugural celebrations will conclude with her maiden voyage on 16th June.

The inaugural period of Royal Princess also includes two short preview cruises prior to and following the naming. After her maiden voyage the ship will sail Grand Mediterranean cruises throughout the summer, followed by Eastern Caribbean cruises beginning in the autumn.

More here:

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/04/09/43672/kate-middleton-to-be-godmother-to-royal-princess.html

A fitting choice, but lets hope the baby doesn't have other ideas! ;)

Agreed. As for the expected due date I did find this in an article where the Duchess of Cambridge was discussing names for her baby:

"We have a shortlist for both [boy and girl], but it's very difficult...My friends keep texting me names," Middleton said.

"It's [due] around mid-July, but apparently babies have their own agenda," she added.

Great choice, as her late mother in law, Diana was the Godmother of the original Royal Princess.

(huge Royal watcher, British or other European royal families, next up 4/30 when Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands steps asside for her son).

Hi All

I think we all have known from the day the ship got her name, that Princess wanted Katie,

then the baby came along,

and it was a case of will she, can she,

so now that all is well with her and baby,

the go ahead has been given,

I think Princess have had a few sleepless nights waiting for the Royal nood

that she can do did,

yours Shogun

Archived