NCL where is Cagney's new menu/new enhancements

big green

Hi Barbara,

You are welcome!!! Having fun on our impromptu Jewel cruise. We booked the last cabin available last Wednesday. Tom and I both needed the break. :D

Hi Lita! So glad you and Tom finally got that break! Give my regards to John please!!! :)

This is excellent news! Thanks for sharing it!

:D:D:D

The steaks were already listed on the prior menu as "Premium Black Angus", except for the filet.

Black Angus is a breed of cattle, not a grade of beef...NCL has not to date specified the grade of beef, and the word "premium" is meaningless...it is not indicative of beef grade.

Terms like "Premium Black Angus" are used in restaurants to get patrons to mistakenly think they're getting prime beef, but if it doesn't say prime, it isn't.

Maybe they will bring back the Banana's Foster. I wish I had higher hopes for Cagney's than I do. It's really gone down in quality in the last few years, to the point where we haven't even eaten there our last few cruises. All I've seen in the last few years is the price going higher and the food getting worse, noticeably worse. You can fools some of the people some of the time....maybe that is what they bank on. Time will tell......

The steaks were already listed on the prior menu as "Premium Black Angus", except for the filet.

Black Angus is a breed of cattle, not a grade of beef...NCL has not to date specified the grade of beef, and the word "premium" is meaningless...it is not indicative of beef grade.

Terms like "Premium Black Angus" are used in restaurants to get patrons to mistakenly think they're getting prime beef, but if it doesn't say prime, it isn't.

Spot on. So many people fooled into thinking black angus is a grade of beef and therefore somehow better.

Two things that will be gone from the new menu in Cagney's is the chopped salad and the oysters rockefeller - two of my favorite things.

Well, now I don't know if we'll be going to Cagney's any more.. We went pretty much for the Oysters, the steaks were just okay (we make better at home), although I have to admit, the oysters weren't great on a few recent trips. With so many other great restaurants on board, Cagney's has lost it's main appeal for us now, but I will wait to see the full menu before I make a final decision. I agree with whomever mentioned the Fatoush - the BEST thing that was ever on the Cagney's lunch menu - I MISS it so much!

Robin

Spot on. So many people fooled into thinking black angus is a grade of beef and therefore somehow better.

In fact the only non angus cut the filet has been the best steak for the last couple years since they changed angus suppliers to save money. It is the same cut you get at the Bistro for $5 less.

In fact the only non angus cut the filet has been the best steak for the last couple years since they changed angus suppliers to save money. It is the same cut you get at the Bistro for $5 less.

As of 4/14/13 Cagneys now $30

I like Le Bistro better

I agree especially the last couple years. Cagney's was my go to place for years and now best case it is one and done. Hopefully the new menu is more then just a price n crease and begins to return Cagneys to it former glory. I remember when the had a live tank in Cagney's on the Dawn. Surf and turf was a fresh Maine lobster. Don't get me started on what the did to the once colossal shrimp Coctail. All the piping hot sides in individual covered crocks gone.

I now do the Bistro 2 or 3 times on a cruise. Never dissapointed. I do miss the bread bowl with the old mushroom soup.

The fleet exec chef was on board our last sailing and we discussed some of the changes that we had seen in the last year. I have to admit that the Garden cafe has improved and the barbeques on deck were fantastic.

So I've got my fingers crossed that the change in cagneys are positive

All the starters are seafood at present and I do not eat seafood

NCL--do u read this board--time to release the new Cagney's menu and a list

of enhancements.

You might have better luck on their Facebook page. They normally don't post general information here but just jump in on threads that are headed in a wrong direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

For those wanting to know just exactly what their $30 will buy with the new Cagney's menu... here is what to expect...

Starters:

Beef Short Rib Confit

Lump Crab Salad

Chicken Drumsticks

Wagyu Beef Sliders

Shrimp Cocktail

Steakhouse Soup and Salads

Baked Potato Soup

Split Pea Soup

The Iceberg Wedge

Mexican Chopped Caesar

Grilled Beetroot and Red Shallots

Featured Selections

Smoked St. Louis Ribs

Braised Short Ribs

Broiled Chicken

Wagyu Beef Burger (12 0z.)

Grilled Classics

16 oz ribeye

18 oz. bone in ribeye

14 oz New York Strip

8 oz Filet Mignon

Grilled Bison Strip

Double cut Lamb chops

Sauces

Bearnaise, green peppercorn sauce, pink peppercorn and cream sauce, chimichurri and port wine au jus

Fisherman's Corner

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

Pan seared sea bass

Lobster tail and shrimp

Steakhouse sides

Baked Idaho Potato

Gratin Potatoes

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Orzo Pilaf

Mac n' cheese

Cagney Fries

Colossal Onion rings

creamed corn

roasted mushroom

steamed broccoli

bean chili casserole with bacon

green beans

cole slaw

Desserts

Raspberry Creme Brule

Oreo Cheesecake

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Macadamia Nut Ice cream sandwich

Citrus fruit salad

Warm apple cardamon crisp

For those wanting to know just exactly what their $30 will buy with the new Cagney's menu... here is what to expect...

Starters:

Beef Short Rib Confit

Lump Crab Salad

Chicken Drumsticks

Wagyu Beef Sliders

Shrimp Cocktail

Baked Potato Soup

Split Pea Soup

The Iceberg Wedge

Mexican Chopped Caesar

Featured Selections

Smoked St. Louis Ribs

Braised Short Ribs

Broiled Chicken

Grilled Classics

16 oz ribeye

18 oz. bone in ribeye

14 oz New York Strip

8 oz Filet Mignon

Grilled Bison Strip

Double cut Lamb chops

Sauces

Bearnaise, green peppercorn sauce, pink peppercorn and cream sauce, chimichurri and port wine au jus

Fisherman's Corner

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

Pan seared sea bass

Lobster tail and shrimp

Steakhouse sides

Baked Idaho Potato

Gratin Potatoes

Orzo Pilaf

Mac n' cheese

Cagney Fries

Colossal Onion rings

creamed corn

roasted mushroom

steamed broccoli

green beans

cole slaw

Desserts

Raspberry Creme Brule

Oreo Cheesecake

Citrus fruit saladf

I am licking my chops! Thanks for posting.

Starters:

Beef Short Rib Confit

Lump Crab Salad

Chicken Drumsticks

Wagyu Beef Sliders

Shrimp Cocktail

Baked Potato Soup

Split Pea Soup

The Iceberg Wedge

Mexican Chopped Caesar

Featured Selections

Smoked St. Louis Ribs

Braised Short Ribs

Broiled Chicken

Grilled Classics

16 oz ribeye

18 oz. bone in ribeye

14 oz New York Strip

8 oz Filet Mignon

Grilled Bison Strip

Double cut Lamb chops

Sauces

Fisherman's Corner

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

Pan seared sea bass

Lobster tail and shrimp

Steakhouse sides

Baked Idaho Potato

Gratin Potatoes

Orzo Pilaf

Mac n' cheese

Cagney Fries

Colossal Onion rings

creamed corn

roasted mushroom

steamed broccoli

green beans

cole slaw

Desserts

Raspberry Creme Brule

Oreo Cheesecake

Citrus fruit salad

Should send this to NCL so they could update their menu!!!

Definitely not happy with the new menu. All the things we enjoy are gone. No Prime Rib. No crab cakes. No lobster bisque. And not thrilled with the choices that replace them. The only reason we'll go now is to use our Platinum certificates (don't care for Le Bistro). I certainly won't pay full price for it any more.

NCL ran into the pier with this new menu--far from a upscale steak house--enhancements??/ more like a degrading of the menu--

Pub food menu with chicken wings---mac and cheese--BBq Ribs--broiled chicken--beef sliders--resembles a good New York PUB food menu. Mexican ceasar chopped salad--is this a Mexican food menu????

No traditional steak house sides--gone creamed spinach--asparagus.

A steak house without prime rib. Poor choice of steak types for a steakhouse.

Not worth the $30===NCL where are the enhancements that justified an

increase in price-

BG

NCL ran into the pier with this new menu--far from a upscale steak house--enhancements??/ more like a degrading of the menu--

Pub food menu with chicken wings---mac and cheese--BBq Ribs--broiled chicken--beef sliders--resembles a good New York PUB food menu. Mexican ceasar chopped salad--is this a Mexican food menu????

increase in price-

BG

I'll wait to pass judgment on how successful the new menu is until I actually try it on my next cruise, but have to agree with one thing -- no steakhouse worth its salt would ever consider not offering creamed spinach and/or asparagus as sides. It's like not offering baked potatoes -- CLASSIC steakhouse sides.

increase in price-

BG

I agree with you 100%

But I will still eat there :)

In looking at the newly posted sample menu on NCL.com, does anybody have any idea as to what the asterisk refers to on many of the listed items? There is no footnote.

Also, is this the first time that NCL has posted an explicit policy regarding additional entrees? The menu states,

$30 COVER CHARGE APPLIES

Price includes three courses. $10 per each additional entrée.

increase in price-

BG

Once again bashing without all of the facts.

Chicken drumsticks are not wings.

What pub have you been to that serves Wagyu beef?

I have not been to a single pub that serves Beef Rib Confit.

Emeril makes an amazing Mac and Cheese at his Delmonico Steakhouse.

With the possible exception of the missing prime rib I think you should wait for more information before spouting off in your typical fashion, Bud.

JMHO!

Archived