We’re Watching ... and Waiting For Tuesday’s Quantum of the Seas Cruise Ship Reveal

LauraS

Its a shot of the Manhattan skyline seen from New Jersey. I hope

it is a hint rather than just because the reveal is in New York City.

NY has only one revolving restaurant. That is at the Marriott

Marquis Hotel on Times Square. But you really can't pick out the

building in the shot.

That view at the beginning of the video is making me curious. One would think Royal Caribbean would pick a view of the Manhattan skyline from Cape Liberty with more recognizable buildings like Freedom Tower and also the Statue of Liberty in the foreground.

I guess they can't show the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square from a NJ persepective because the Manhattan cruise terminal would be in the foreground (Times Square is a few blocks east of there). That would start some speculation.

Then again, maybe it has nothing to do with NYC and the shot is just focused on the rising sun.

For me it would be the fear of a snow storm shutting down the port. Having said that we're anticipating a cruise on Explorer out of NJ in Dec., 2013. I might live in TX now but NY is still my home and it's always a pleasure going back to visit. :D

I can't imagine how they can top the Oasis class of ships but if anyone can do it, RCI sure can.

Don't hurricanes shut down ports in Florida? In all honesty, we don't get a terrible amount of storms. Some years we get none.

I recall folks from all across the US and Europe on my last Winter cruise out of Bayonne. With over 20 million people within a days drive to the port I'm sure Quantum would sail full and at a premium out of NJ.

And lets not forget the half a billion persons within 2 hours on High Speed Trains from around Shanghai . ;)

I was looking back at the Oasis reveal, and the time lines seem to parallel.

March had the leaked photos of Central Park

The big reveal came on April 15, in NYC. http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2514

Although the Oasis Godmother was not released until later on (November), so as everyone is speculating, the Godmother will help bring this ship into the public eyes.

Here is hoping that the ship does sail out of NJ. Hoping that they do not waste it on the normal RCI crap routes and actually make sailing to ports interesting again.

What if the theme is the Jersey Shore? The whole downstairs is a boardwalk area, complete with rides, roller skating, games, etc.. hmmmm. Go Karts, bumper cars, etc. do not seem that far off...

I was looking back at the Oasis reveal, and the time lines seem to parallel.

March had the leaked photos of Central Park

The big reveal came on April 15, in NYC. http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2514

Although the Oasis Godmother was not released until later on (November), so as everyone is speculating, the Godmother will help bring this ship into the public eyes.

Here is hoping that the ship does sail out of NJ. Hoping that they do not waste it on the normal RCI crap routes and actually make sailing to ports interesting again.

What if the theme is the Jersey Shore? The whole downstairs is a boardwalk area, complete with rides, roller skating, games, etc.. hmmmm. Go Karts, bumper cars, etc. do not seem that far off...

The reveal in New York for Oasis regarding the neighborhoods was in June about the 18 or so in 2008. I had an invite to that reveal in New York but had a trip planned to Australia so could not attend. Thanks for the link I had forgotten about the earlier info that was released

Where else can it go (other than a 'crap route')? Not many choices on 7/8 day cruise. But they aren't smart enough to make it a 10 or 12 day cruise.

I'll just go on another ship. As much as I dislike Carnival, it would be more fun than going to an amusement park.

How about a skateboard park/tennis/ jogging not new, never before seen at sea

The Yellow highlighted area looks like it is covered with that white synthetic

finish that is taking over open spaces

Quantum%20Class%20Top%20Decks.jpg

if the above is true, then I declare Quantum to be MY ship and the rest of you will have to play nice if you want me to let you on!

Afternoon. Time to join in and also Bark up the wrong tree. Which I suspect RC are enjoying Watching.

Questions and answers

Project Sunshine

I) can't beat Oasis Class for open sun inside (central park)

ii) no big glass roof to let sun light in

iii) sun deck space can be more giving more sun.

Iv) more balcony rooms

None of these make the ship more sunshine

Making the ship smaller than Oasis class means they can fit in more ports.

So where is the sunshine more than other places

Caribbean ( loads of ships)

Africa ( no ships)

Dubai ( they would just send the next size class up not a massive ship)

Australia / New Zealand ????

Hummm new expanding market P&O have sent 3 rebuilt ships for new market (2010)

South America not many cruises

Would you reallocate a ship for example

Adventure of the seas very busy

But a new ship on her route in Caribbean and move her else where ??

Malaga has lost AOS in the summer so a gap in the med.

But with all off that they are having two ships so cross cover like Oasis and Allure.

How about out from San Diego towards Australia calling Hawaii and other places.

New York would be great but for me I'd rather have her out of Southampton

UK :)

To be honest you have all cruised so work it out

which routes are either busy so u need two ships?

Which places don't RC cover?

Project sunshine was the original

Reason they are building the ships

What does that mean to you with the past cruises you have done???

Dan ( I don't work for RC and have only done a few Cruises but I run trains and arrange trains to run to cover business needs and customers needs)

Think out of the box and roll on Tuesday

Explorer currently runs a wide array of itineraries out of Bayone, Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean and Southern Caribbean. These cruises range from 5 nights to as many as 12 nights or more. There’s a little something for everyone. Bayone has 3 major airports within a stones throw and hundreds of thousands with in driving distance. Explorer has been sailing year round out of Bayone for more than 5 years and very rarely has to lower its rates to sail full. The NJ/NY area can handle any amount of snow dumped on us. We have the equipment and experience to handle it. I know from experience that sailing out of NY in January while sitting in a hot tub on deck can be a great start to a great cruise.

NCL has been operating 2 ships year round out of NY for a few years now. Breakaway was built and advertised as New York’s ship with TV and poster ads showing the NY skyline built on top of it. CCL is now offering year round cruises out of NY and has swapped out the Miracle for the larger Splendor. If RCCL wants to compete in NY they have to make a move. There has been talk in the past about a ship replacing Explorer and I think the timing is right to announce that move.

RCCL has an opportunity with Quantum to dominate the NY market which they already have a strong foot hold.

Sending Quantum to Florida where 2 Oasis class ships already dominate and a 3rd on its way really does not make good business sense. Asia may be busting out but why send a new big ship there when every one else is sending older smaller ships to that region and doing just fine. Europe is luke warm right now so that isn't going to happen.

Ok, so I do live within 15 minutes from Manhattan Cruise terminal and Bayone and have sailed out of these ports on half of my cruises. But if I could put money down I would bet on Bayone all the way. It all feels right. Plus with Breakaway on its way I’m sure RCCL would love to stir the pot in the spot light.

I’m all set to Welcome Quantum of the Seas to Bayone NJ in 2014.

Explorer currently runs a wide array of itineraries out of Bayone' date=' Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean and Southern Caribbean. These cruises range from 5 nights to as many as 12 nights or more. There’s a little something for everyone. Bayone has 3 major airports within a stones throw and hundreds of thousands with in driving distance. Explorer has been sailing year round out of Bayone for more than 5 years and very rarely has to lower its rates to sail full. The NJ/NY area can handle any amount of snow dumped on us. We have the equipment and experience to handle it. I know from experience that sailing out of NY in January while sitting in a hot tub on deck can be a great start to a great cruise.[/font']

NCL has been operating 2 ships year round out of NY for a few years now. Breakaway was built and advertised as New York’s ship with TV and poster ads showing the NY skyline built on top of it. CCL is now offering year round cruises out of NY and has swapped out the Miracle for the larger Splendor. If RCCL wants to compete in NY they have to make a move. There has been talk in the past about a ship replacing Explorer and I think the timing is right to announce that move.

RCCL has an opportunity with Quantum to dominate the NY market which they already have a strong foot hold.

Sending Quantum to Florida where 2 Oasis class ships already dominate and a 3rd on its way really does not make good business sense. Asia may be busting out but why send a new big ship there when every one else is sending older smaller ships to that region and doing just fine. Europe is luke warm right now so that isn't going to happen.

Ok, so I do live within 15 minutes from Manhattan Cruise terminal and Bayone and have sailed out of these ports on half of my cruises. But if I could put money down I would bet on Bayone all the way. It all feels right. Plus with Breakaway on its way I’m sure RCCL would love to stir the pot in the spot light.

You had me at sitting in a hot tub and watching the snow fall. Nice!

I'm a former New Yorker living in Florida for many years now. I love cruising from South Florida, obviously. However, my guess is Quantum's home port will be the NY area...with a retractable roof on the ship. Hmmmm. Could happen.

You have me Sold on New York

That's why I ask my questions look at the logical and you won't be far wrong.

That means Explorer can go else where

Suspect a shuffle of ships maybe over next 24 months with Quantum and her sister arriving.

New York will do me flights from all over the UK

Florida gets all the new ships. We started on the Explorer from Bayonne in 2006 and before that the Voyager. The 9 night trips are great, knowing after a week you still have 2 days left on the ship. Please bring us something new!

Florida gets all the new ships. We started on the Explorer from Bayonne in 2006 and before that the Voyager. The 9 night trips are great, knowing after a week you still have 2 days left on the ship. Please bring us something new!

Yes, I too am hoping for a bit longer cruise as well. I wonder if any pre-inaugurals will take place just prior to the actual inaugural sailing? We would be interested in that as well.

SOOOOO excited for Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard a rumor that Oasis is being moved to Port Canaveral to make room for the Quantum in Fort Lauderdale. This news came from a limo service that we used while on sailing on the Freedom. That's why the construction was not only just for the Freedom. I guess time will tell for us all:D

I can't wait to hear and see what they have in store for her. I am in no NYC camp and would not sail her if she is home ported there. All you NYers saying you don't get the new ships, NCL built one just for you. If RCCL does the same I will do what I am doing with NCL and wait until her sister is out and (hopefully) sails from FL and go on her.

If I had my choice she'd sail from Galveston or New Orleans. Much closer to me than either NYC or FL. :D

I recall folks from all across the US and Europe on my last Winter cruise out of Bayonne. With over 20 million people within a days drive to the port I'm sure Quantum would sail full and at a premium out of NJ.

Sounds like your happy to pay more.Hope Royal Caribbean does no see your post.:confused:

I can't wait to hear and see what they have in store for her. I am in no NYC camp and would not sail her if she is home ported there. All you NYers saying you don't get the new ships, NCL built one just for you. If RCCL does the same I will do what I am doing with NCL and wait until her sister is out and (hopefully) sails from FL and go on her.

If I had my choice she'd sail from Galveston or New Orleans. Much closer to me than either NYC or FL. :D

I'm right there with you :)

Don't hurricanes shut down ports in Florida? In all honesty, we don't get a terrible amount of storms. Some years we get none.

Of course there are hurricanes but we usually don't cruise from June through November. Snow would be a personal consideration of ours since we would have to fly into NJ. It's just one more thing to worry about. Sure some years there are no storms but you never know...........We're forging ahead with plans to cruise in Dec. and keeping our fingers crossed that this is one of those years you get no extreme weather.

Galveston has fog to contend with. I guess every port has something at one time or another. We just plan and hope for the best.

Explorer currently runs a wide array of itineraries out of Bayone' date=' Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean and Southern Caribbean. These cruises range from 5 nights to as many as 12 nights or more. There’s a little something for everyone. Bayone has 3 major airports within a stones throw and hundreds of thousands with in driving distance. Explorer has been sailing year round out of Bayone for more than 5 years and very rarely has to lower its rates to sail full. The NJ/NY area can handle any amount of snow dumped on us. We have the equipment and experience to handle it. I know from experience that sailing out of NY in January while sitting in a hot tub on deck can be a great start to a great cruise.[/font']

Me too! I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty..there will a whole lot of people cheering and a whole lot of people crying once the home port is announced. I hope I am cheering. 😀

Archived