Any word on Connie drydock?

AtlantaCruiser72

According to Revenue Supervisor, NONE of Deck 11 AQ will be ready for our sailing. Was so ready for 1140!

Check out pix & comments on M class AQ on deck 11

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=38149586

I have fully suspected for some time that finish work on ALL the new cabins, as well as the relocated Fun Factory, will continue as we make our crossing.

I'm also bracing for a boarding/departure delay on the 5th, as is common for ships returning from dry dock.

Just off the fone w rev supervisor. NO A1 (AQ on Deck 11) will be sold! They plan to have a couple available to preview half way thru our crossing. Contact Guest Svcs to take a peek at what we r missing. Just hope they surprise us with shower doors instead of curtains!

Spoke to Valentina today and unfortunately she can put any new pictures up as the ship's internet is down.

She did tell me (and this not confirmed or official) that Constellation will leave the dry dock shortly and stay berthed at the shipyard. Some ballast checks will then be performed before sea trials commence. The ship is due to dock in Miami the night before the TA cruise. As far as she can tell (and she's no project manager) the refit is almost done and looks really great.

The captain's name is Tassos, the CD is John Grantham and the Hotel Director's name is Christophe.

Needless to say she's really looking forward to normality again and lots of happy passengers. The seven sea days that follow will be pretty gruelling particularly as the clocks go forward an hour every night for at least six nights! Please be gentle with the crew eh!

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the internet will become live again and she can post some pictures.

John Grantham is a great CD. Had him before and really enjoyed his antics.

What is Valentina's job on the ship again? I want to make sure I meet her when I get on in Amsterdam on May 20th.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the internet will become live again and she can post some pictures.

John Grantham is a great CD. Had him before and really enjoyed his antics.

What is Valentina's job on the ship again? I want to make sure I meet her when I get on in Amsterdam on May 20th.

I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!! Can you tell I'm excited??

I am sure she does a lot of other stuff too, but I know she is an AWESOME ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR!!

I'm on the Connie in 3 days....definitely gonna need the classes to chase off the effects of all the delicious food we are going to have...:o

We have really enjoyed the pictures and commentary as the Connie goes through her make-over. We are ready to depart Phoenix at 5AM on Sunday arriving in MIA at 2PM. This should be a very interesting and fun crossing. We are in Aqua Class 9th floor. We tried to book the 11th originally, and were even assigned a cabin, only to be notified that they would not be finished in time and re-assigned one on the 9th. It's really remarkable what they can do in such a short period.

Thanks again for the sneak peek!

Guy

We have really enjoyed the pictures and commentary as the Connie goes through her make-over. We are ready to depart Phoenix at 5AM on Sunday arriving in MIA at 2PM. This should be a very interesting and fun crossing. We are in Aqua Class 9th floor. We tried to book the 11th originally, and were even assigned a cabin, only to be notified that they would not be finished in time and re-assigned one on the 9th. It's really remarkable what they can do in such a short period.

Thanks again for the sneak peek!

Guy

"Departing PHX at 5am to arrive at MIA at 2PM" ! Wow, are you cutting it close! If there are any delays due to weather (Afternoon Thunderstorms are normal in the Miami area) or any other reason, or if there are any traffic delays in Miami, we might not see you until we get to the Azores! Even though we are scheduled to depart at 5pm, due to customs/immigration and security regulations, you must be checked in by 4pm! That doesn't leave you much spare time to get off the plane (hopefully on time), wait for and collect your luggage, and then travel from the airport to the pier! Is it too late to consider either a red-eye from PHX on Saturday, or better yet, arrive on Saturday, and start your cruise without all the stress of the travel to the ship?

We wish you the best travels,

Phyllis and Jerry (aka: my ATM)

Does she know if the Verandas have been added to the Century Suites ? Amazing how this could be done!

Thanks

Assume you mean the Celebrity Suites....yes this is scheduled to be done this drydock too.....

Archived