NCL..since you apparantly read these boards...

when the new Cagney's menu went into effect there was some discussion about how on the pre booking and pre paying site for booked pax to reserve their specialty dining, that as a sample menu, NCL was showing the old and IMO much much better Cagney's menu.

the discussion went to suggest bait and switch and since pax were looking at the old menu when deciding to prepay and pre book Cagney's at the higher $30 price, it was not proper to show the old $25 menu when the price was now $30 and the menu, again IMHO, less appealing.

so, to cut to the chase....thanks NCL for finally putting the new menu up as the sample menu so that pax are now fully aware of what their $30 will buy.

But you forgot something....the pix that you have showing the Cagney's shrimp cocktail shows 6 Jumbo shrip...but I have read some reports that now the Cagney's shrimp cocktail is now only 3 large shrimp....don't you, NCL, think this pix needs updating as well?

I was a great fan of the old Cagney's and while I can make my own great shrimp cocktail and rarely, if ever, order it out, I will admit that the old 6 piece shrimp cocktail at Cagney's was the best I have ever had and was truly looking forward to it on my upcoming cruise.

I have not booked Cagneys and do not intend to this trip. Of course I am sure there will be plenty of reservations available on the ship and I just might stop by and ask about the shrimp and what is actually being served.

Maybe the Maitre D at Cagneys will tell me that it is 6 shrimp....but from what I have read here it is only 3...

This might sound like nonsense to hard nosed high poster ccers, but what concerns me is that such a small # of cruisers actually read CC and so many pax will just not realize the differences at Cagneys and will be none the wiser.

Call me logical....but when the price of something rises and the quality and quantity is diminished.....and the pix of something is totally different from what will be served...pax have a right to know this.

flame away because someone always will...but seriously....I make a valid point.

You want 6 shrimp order a double. Not a problem and we do it all the time.

point is..the old $25 menu gave you 6 as a regular order...and the pix on the Cagney's website shows 6 shrimp.....

I know to order what I want..but I am seasoned....NCL should change the picture...they changed the sample menu...they should change the picture.

so you make a good point...the new menu is only 3 shrimp and the price is $5 higher.....don't you think that it should be clear that the pix shows a double order?

Edited by maggie cruises

point is..the old $25 menu gave you 6 as a regular order...and the pix on the Cagney's website shows 6 shrimp.....

I know to order what I want..but I am seasoned....NCL should change the picture...they changed the sample menu...they should change the picture.

so you make a good point...the new menu is only 3 shrimp and the price is $5 higher.....don't you think that it should be clear that the pix shows a double order?

Don't they let you order as many appetizers and desserts as you want without extra charges ? If they do, I don't see a problem here.

when the new Cagney's menu went into effect there was some discussion about how on the pre booking and pre paying site for booked pax to reserve their specialty dining, that as a sample menu, NCL was showing the old and IMO much much better Cagney's menu.

the discussion went to suggest bait and switch and since pax were looking at the old menu when deciding to prepay and pre book Cagney's at the higher $30 price, it was not proper to show the old $25 menu when the price was now $30 and the menu, again IMHO, less appealing.

so, to cut to the chase....thanks NCL for finally putting the new menu up as the sample menu so that pax are now fully aware of what their $30 will buy.

But you forgot something....the pix that you have showing the Cagney's shrimp cocktail shows 6 Jumbo shrip...but I have read some reports that now the Cagney's shrimp cocktail is now only 3 large shrimp....don't you, NCL, think this pix needs updating as well?

I was a great fan of the old Cagney's and while I can make my own great shrimp cocktail and rarely, if ever, order it out, I will admit that the old 6 piece shrimp cocktail at Cagney's was the best I have ever had and was truly looking forward to it on my upcoming cruise.

I have not booked Cagneys and do not intend to this trip. Of course I am sure there will be plenty of reservations available on the ship and I just might stop by and ask about the shrimp and what is actually being served.

Maybe the Maitre D at Cagneys will tell me that it is 6 shrimp....but from what I have read here it is only 3...

This might sound like nonsense to hard nosed high poster ccers, but what concerns me is that such a small # of cruisers actually read CC and so many pax will just not realize the differences at Cagneys and will be none the wiser.

Call me logical....but when the price of something rises and the quality and quantity is diminished.....and the pix of something is totally different from what will be served...pax have a right to know this.

flame away because someone always will...but seriously....I make a valid point.

Yes NCL....thanks for reading this. This is a great example of why you should NOT have menus for your restaurants posted online. There are way too many chances that someone will not understand the difference between a "sample menu" and the "actual menu". I'm sure that you use that word "sample" for a reason!

And God bless the people at Guest Services who have to get brow beaten from people because the "sample" menu they saw online 2 months before arriving is somehow different than the reality of the day.

Simply give people the menu when you seat them at their table so they can decide what to order....just like each and every other restaurant in the world.

Edited by SeaShark

Yes NCL....thanks for reading this. This is a great example of why you should NOT have menus for your restaurants posted online. There are way too many chances that someone will not understand the difference between a "sample menu" and the "actual menu". I'm sure that you use that word "sample" for a reason!

And God bless the people at Guest Services who have to get brow beaten from people because the "sample" menu they saw online 2 months before arriving is somehow different than the reality of the day.

Simply give people the menu when you seat them at their table so they can decide what to order....just like each and every other restaurant in the world.

Ditto

It is going to cause NCL no end of grief because of passengers lack of reading comprehension.

since nobody read my first post in its entirety....but did exactly what I predicted and flamed.....

the point is and I know all of you will still insist on debating it so go right ahead..as I have clearly made my point...

The fact that NCL wants you to Prepay....and is showing an incorrect pix of the shrimp cocktail on their website...which one must assume the pix is there to entice someone to prebook and prepay....is wrong...

Also...NCL up until a few days ago was also showing the wrong sample menu with the better food options...again any logical individual would have to assume that the sample menu is there to entice you to prepay...which is the whole point anyway...

It is funny how they finally updated the sample menu isn't it? Why..because that old menu doesn't exist anymore..so it was wrong to show it as a sample menu. Don't bother debating this...because it was the right thing to do to remove the old menu.

They no longer offer 6 shrimp...so they should not be showing the pix of it. if they want to keep that pix, then a disclaimer saying it is a double order should be clear........but of course they do not want pax to know that.

again, in my first post I stated that ccers are seasoned cruisers and know all the tricks..such as ordering a double order...

but the NCL prebooking website..which comes to pax in an email enticing them to prebook and prepay...has nothing to do with us well cruised ccers....

it is being sent to non ccers...who have no knowledge, unlike the rest of us, that what they see..prebook..and prepay...is not what they are doing to be getting...

argue that I am wrong all you want among yourselves.. come up with all sorts of excuses for ncl...but the fact is they they are not fully disclosing.......

personally...I know to research and ask questions....not everyone does..and unfortunately most people don't really care anymore if they are being duped....as evidenced right here on CC.

wrong..this situation is not like every other restaurant in the world..it is about the prepay aspect of NCL..nothing more..nothing less.......if they want you to prepay...which is all I am talking about..as I am not talking about deciding last minute to just walk into Cagneys....then they must show the correct stuff.....plain and simple

if you are just perusing some random restaurant menu online and trying to decide to go there...you are not prepaying....so if the menu is different when you get they you can choose not to go

if you prepay Cagneys and when you get there the menu is different...you may well still have to eat there...because the cancellation is 24 hours previously for a refund...

don't any of you realize it has to do with the PREPAY part...NCL getting your money but not fully disclosing what you are buying?

Come on now....stop with the Kool Aid......and admit it is OK to actually understand my point...which is also plain and simple...maybe not important to you..so don't bother posting about it.....but my point is valid..no denying it.

Edited by maggie cruises

You want 6 shrimp order a double. Not a problem and we do it all the time.

No flame OP, but is there a reason this solution doesn't work for you? If you prepay, the number of shrimp aren't going to change. Order as many as you like.

In all honesty, I'm trying to figure out a way for you to get what you want. Frankly, I'm not seeing this as anything more than an oversight (picture of 6 shrimp vs 3 shrimp? Really? You're upset about the picture?).

As posted, the solution is simple. If you get 3 shrimp, make it two orders to get 6 shrimp.

Seriously, it's not that difficult.

Edited by graphicguy

Don't they let you order as many appetizers and desserts as you want without extra charges ? If they do, I don't see a problem here.

you and I know that...but some newbie cruiser will not even think to ask

again my whole point here is the PREPAY part

doesn't really matter if you decide last minute to go to Cagneys...because you can see the menu and are presumably informed...

No flame OP, but is there a reason this solution doesn't work for you? If you prepay, the number of shrimp aren't going to change. Order as many as you like.

In all honesty, I'm trying to figure out a way for you to get what you want. Frankly, I'm not seeing this as anything more than an oversight (picture of 6 shrimp vs 3 shrimp? Really? You're upset about the picture?).

As posted, the solution is simple. If you get 3 shrimp, make it two orders to get 6 shrimp.

Seriously, it's not that difficult.

see post #12

How about this....if they show you pix of the Owners Suite and then you book it....don't you want it to look the same?

The shrimp is a minor point.....it is the fact that the pix entices you to prepay..

When we let the little nonsense things go...we only open ourselves up to bigger things...and no..I do not sweat the small stuff....but some small stuff add up to serious big problems....

I hope you have private medical insurance.....if you don't know why I said this, you are in for a big shock.

Edited by maggie cruises

since nobody read my first post in its entirety....but did exactly what I predicted and flamed.....

the point is and I know all of you will still insist on debating it so go right ahead..as I have clearly made my point...

The fact that NCL wants you to Prepay....and is showing an incorrect pix of the shrimp cocktail on their website...which one must assume the pix is there to entice someone to prebook and prepay....is wrong...

Also...NCL up until a few days ago was also showing the wrong sample menu with the better food options...again any logical individual would have to assume that the sample menu is there to entice you to prepay...which is the whole point anyway...

It is funny how they finally updated the sample menu isn't it? Why..because that old menu doesn't exist anymore..so it was wrong to show it as a sample menu. Don't bother debating this...because it was the right thing to do to remove the old menu.

They no longer offer 6 shrimp...so they should not be showing the pix of it. if they want to keep that pix, then a disclaimer saying it is a double order should be clear........but of course they do not want pax to know that.

again, in my first post I stated that ccers are seasoned cruisers and know all the tricks..such as ordering a double order...

but the NCL prebooking website..which comes to pax in an email enticing them to prebook and prepay...has nothing to do with us well cruised ccers....

it is being sent to non ccers...who have no knowledge, unlike the rest of us, that what they see..prebook..and prepay...is not what they are doing to be getting...

argue that I am wrong all you want among yourselves.. come up with all sorts of excuses for ncl...but the fact is they they are not fully disclosing.......

personally...I know to research and ask questions....not everyone does..and unfortunately most people don't really care anymore if they are being duped....as evidenced right here on CC.

Sounds like a lot of additional justification which really shouldn't be necessary if your original point was clearly made.

Sorry, but you got to express your opinion. Now everyone else gets to express theirs. Some might be the same as yours, some might not. You have to accept that. Just because someone doesn't feel as you do is not "flaming". You need to be able to accept that others have their own opinions without considering them some sort of attack on your own.

FWIW...If you really wanted to make a point to NCL without getting flamed (your word, not mine) then logic holds that you would have simply sent your thoughts directly to NCL in a letter. You get to state what and how you feel, NCL gets to read it, and nobody "flames" you.

However...instead of that, you choose to post your opinion on a public discussion board, which (by definition) opens the topic up for public discussion. If I felt as you claimed you felt, I would have taken the logical course of action.

OP, your point is taken, but again you can apply this to a lot of things and not just on three silly shrimps.

For example, until somone told me during the cruise when I first cruised I didnt know you can put in multiple orders of something. (I remember saying to my parents, "wow those people are pigs! (or rich)". I dont recall seeing any of this explicity advertised to me.

Not sure if three shrimp-gate is as a massive bait and switch issue as it is being made out to be

Edited by nycmode

you and I know that...but some newbie cruiser will not even think to ask

again my whole point here is the PREPAY part

doesn't really matter if you decide last minute to go to Cagneys...because you can see the menu and are presumably informed...

Have you EVER had a meal in a restaurant that looks exactly like the pictures they put in the ads they send out ??? I haven't !!!:eek:

I might add that you can go to Cagney's on the ship without "pre-booking" or pre-paying.

Edited by swedish weave

Nearly ever restaurant these days posts menus online. High end ones often post sample menus, as they vary.

I would expect NCL to post theirs.

Look at picture on any pre-packaged food item in your store, or at the images of food in ANY commercial. I can guarantee you that what you see is NOT what you get. NCL simply has not updated their picture. I doubt they're doing it on purpose. Also, as stated, it's not an issue since you can order 2, or 3, or 4....

Quite honestly, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your "open letter". Just to update their shrimp picture?

When there are so many other important things to worry about, all this over 3 shrimp. Wow!

I just pulled up the sample menu for the Pearl (went to what's onboard and clicked on Cagney's; that is where I found the menu before my first cruise) and there were no pictures of the shrimp cocktail or anything else and I'm guessing that is where most people will look for the menu.

OP, I understand why you started this thread. Kudos for doing it because sending a letter to NCL would only go to 1 person and would take awhile for them to get back to you, if at all.

NCL has definitely seen this thread.

I believe that you are only using the shrimp as a minor example, but I also see that others are taking it way too seriously.

What is at point here is that NCL is enticing pax to prepay with erroneous information.

It is also about, and this bothers me as well, that they raised the price of Cagneys and lowered the quality/quantity, but the cheerleaders will never admit to that.

OP, I understand why you started this thread. Kudos for doing it because sending a letter to NCL would only go to 1 person and would take awhile for them to get back to you, if at all.

NCL has definitely seen this thread.

I believe that you are only using the shrimp as a minor example, but I also see that others are taking it way too seriously.

What is at point here is that NCL is enticing pax to prepay with erroneous information.

It is also about, and this bothers me as well, that they raised the price of Cagneys and lowered the quality/quantity, but the cheerleaders will never admit to that.

I don't think anyone is a cheerleader, I for one have only been on 1 NCL cruise (I've been on over 30 cruises on other lines). It is just that many don't feel that this is a big deal. If a pictures shows 6 or 8 or whatever and you only get three, then ask for three or five more. I don't believe anyone (other than a few on here) would ever even see a "sample" menu as being identical to what they get in the restaurant, after all it clearly says "sample". Not to mention that when I pull up the menu for Cagney's there are no pictures. You feel that they have lowered their quality/quantity, but others who have eaten there as well, didn't think so. I'm very sorry that you don't like the new menu and that you only want it your way, but there are thousands of other passengers on the ship and I guess time will tell if they agree or disagree with you. And just as you say that the cheerleaders will never admit to your feelings, the same goes for complainers who will always complain if it is not their way.