help with pre cruise lodging in Fort Lauderdale

dee1321

Need to book a room for 3 for 1 night pre-cruise ... will arrive around 1pm so pool area would be great but not necessity. Three women so we need to feel safe and would like a very clean hotel ... also need to be able to get a taxi rather easily the next morning to take us to port. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Another vote for the Embassy Suites - nice pool, big rooms, 3 beds (if you count the sleeper soafa), shopping and dining options nearby, and free happy hour! :D

Some of CC members other favorites:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hyatt Place FLL north and south

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

Hilton 17th Street

Bahia Mar

Hyatt Pier 66

Good luck! :)

We just stayed at Ft. Lauderdale both pre and post cruise earlier this month.

Post cruise we stayed for several days at the Riverside Inn in downtown Ft. Lauderdale and loved it. Loved the ambience, the staff and the location by the river walk. There is no airport shuttle, so took a taxi to and from. There are at least fifteen restaurants within a five minute walk of the hotel.

Pre cruise we stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport. This offers both airport and cruise port free shuttle service, so was perfect for one night. It is located right beside a small mall, which offered options for dinner.

I would go for Riverside Hotel for the neighborhood, Gallery One Doubletree for the water taxi, mall, and multi-room suites, or Embassy Suites for the proximity to the port and suites. They all have pools and there are lots of taxis around.

Embassy Suites has no vacancy on our pre cruise night ... I have done a little more research and was wondering between these three hotels ... Hilton Marina 17th Street ... or Courtyard by Mariott Fort Lauderdale Beach ... or Gallery One DoubleTree ... any pros or cons on these three?

I always stay at the Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. Very large rooms and within walking distance to shopping and dining. Has free shuttle to the airport and the cruise port. If you're driving you can also leave your car there for cheaper than the port.

I always stay at the Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. Very large rooms and within walking distance to shopping and dining. Has free shuttle to the airport and the cruise port. If you're driving you can also leave your car there for cheaper than the port.

Right behind the SpringHill Suites just off Stirling Road is Hyatt House and Hyatt Place South.

Both have a good breakfast and pools, short walk to Oakwood Plaza Mall with K-Mart and lots of places to eat, but Hyatt House has suites with 2 bathrooms and full kitchens.

Looking at Hampton inn or Springhill suites forth err airport and pier transfers. We will becoming in in the evening. Do you just let the hotel know what time you are arriving or do they make continuous runs?

I see a rate online $20 less then the online travel agency's "discount price"

They make it sound like they are including free transport.

Please ignore my spelling and grammer. I should proof read!

Good info on hotels!

Please don't ever ...apaligize fur spaling nur graymer...not necessary to most of us that don't feel the need to criticize ;):):D

Hampton Inn North Cruise Port is where we stayed... They have airport pick up and cruise terminal drop off. No charge- just tip.

There is a grocery store in the shopping center across the street. We walked over and bought sunscreen and a few snacks before we left for the cruise terminal.

We were thinking about the Embassy or the Hampton Inn. Can anyone tell me if there is a liquor store near any of these. We are flying in and want to pick up a couple bottles of wine for the cruise.

Thanks!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dec. and really liked it. So much so that we booked it again for this Dec. There is a Total Wines and Publix right behind the hotel in a shopping center (Harbor Shop Mall). I think that's the name of it. There are quite a few other stores and a bunch of places to eat too.

Archived