ShotoJuku’s LEGENDary Mediterranean Adventure

Wow is all i can say your such a romantic and she is so lucky to have you as you are to have her. Great pictures, Im not sure is you posted what kind of camera you used or not but i was just in aww, cause i had did a similar itinerany and your pics came out so much nicer. i wish you both many more years of happiness.

Thanks so much! Interestingly the vast majority of my pics come from my I-Phone/4 and some others from an inexpensive Olympus "Tough" camera that we got to take underwater pics when snorkeling.

iphone4_long_term.jpg

Olympus_Touch_3000.jpg

Edited by ShotoJuku

This is for the upcoming repostioning that although confirmed is not as of yet posted but shall be shortly; stay tuned!

I've been watching for Legend's repositioning cruise too. What fun would that be! Definitely let us know as soon as you see something posted.

Is the Legend scheduled for dry-dock in 2014 also? Prior to repositioning?

Still working at getting my pics posted from the May 4th Legend cruise. A family emergency slowed my editing down a bit. Will post the link on the May 4th roll call later. I also blogged while on the ship (one of the reasons I missed Stromboli). Whenever we travel, blogging is our means to communicate with family back home. This was a bit tricky while at sea. But I perfected the art of minimizing pictures for uploading, writing the blog off-line, and then copying and pasting everything into the blog page while I had an internet connection. I love going back and reading my blogs for the memories ... and recollection of things forgotten over time ... kinda like a diary.

Click on the "Blog" button in the black menu bar. Blog entries are displayed with the most current first, so scroll to the bottom to start at the very beginning! http://anniversarylegend.shutterfly.com

I've been watching for Legend's repositioning cruise too. What fun would that be! Definitely let us know as soon as you see something posted.

Is the Legend scheduled for dry-dock in 2014 also? Prior to repositioning?

Still working at getting my pics posted from the May 4th Legend cruise. A family emergency slowed my editing down a bit. Will post the link on the May 4th roll call later. I also blogged while on the ship (one of the reasons I missed Stromboli). Whenever we travel, blogging is our means to communicate with family back home. This was a bit tricky while at sea. But I perfected the art of minimizing pictures for uploading, writing the blog off-line, and then copying and pasting everything into the blog page while I had an internet connection. I love going back and reading my blogs for the memories ... and recollection of things forgotten over time ... kinda like a diary.

Click on the "Blog" button in the black menu bar. Blog entries are displayed with the most current first, so scroll to the bottom to start at the very beginning! http://anniversarylegend.shutterfly.com

Yes definately worth watching for and yes Legend is supposed to get the 2.0 upgrades before the repositioning!

This review also became more of a blog before it was finished and took a few weeks to write and post pics but in the end I think it was well worth it.

BONUS TRAVEL TIP

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3A9%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E275796636%3B257ot1lsi

If you look closely you may see the faint outline of a "Neck Stash" pouch under my shirt that I wore while ashore. Prior to sailing I had read that at many ports there was an abundance of skilled pick pockets and such and that many cruisers had become victims. In my line of work I am always scanning crowds, watching hands, and observing behaviors that allows me to "pick the perp" as it were however I wasn't about to take any chances.

I carried spare (just in case) Euro, a credit card, our Sail-and-Sign cards, and Passports in the pouch keeping them secure from any "pick pocket" pros.

11045-27009_130403202607.jpg

I used one made by Lewis N' Clark for around 15 bucks.

One other thing....I saw some people who wore these on the OUTSIDE :mad: of their shirt as if to advertise the fact that"I have a lot of valuables in here so please feel free to snatch it off of my neck." So PLEASE wear it UNDER/INSIDE :D your shirt for added (invisible) protection!

Ciao For Now!!

Edited by ShotoJuku

To Lag or Not To Lag?

jetlag.jpg

I can't say that I agree with the illustration as we found it much easier to adjust going EAST to Europe than when we went WEST to Hawaii; perhaps it's because I do shift work? How about anyone else?

I had the same trouble when flying to Seattle. Would wake up at 4-5am every morning. Never seem like I got adjusted the entire time. Seemed like flying to Europe, one day and I would be adjusted.

Of course that means I am going to have to take a European cruise next year on the Epic to see if this holds true and give a full report.

Edited by mj

Congratulations on your anniversary and Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures!

I'm considering this itinerary aboard the Sunshine for October ( I need to make a decision & reservations pretty quickly :))

Which ports or tours would you recommend as being easier for someone with walking limitations? I'm considering traveling with my 75 YO parent but she has difficulties walking long distances. I'm a little concerned this itinerary maybe too port intensive but I REALLY want to sail the Med and it would be a great experience for her too :D

Again --- Thank You for sharing your experiences!

Congratulations on your anniversary and Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures!

I'm considering this itinerary aboard the Sunshine for October ( I need to make a decision & reservations pretty quickly :))

Which ports or tours would you recommend as being easier for someone with walking limitations? I'm considering traveling with my 75 YO parent but she has difficulties walking long distances. I'm a little concerned this itinerary maybe too port intensive but I REALLY want to sail the Med and it would be a great experience for her too :D

Again --- Thank You for sharing your experiences!

Thanks and I'm sure that you all have a great time!

There are a few ports that require climbing and some with moderate walking and few with just a brief walk, however you can pick and choose what types of activities you wish to do and thus avoid the site/activities (not the ports themselves) that require heavy walking/climbing.

This is one cruise not to be missed at any age!

LEGEND REPOSITIONING REUNION CRUISE

Calling all M&M's, or anyone who has sailed Legend, or just anyone at all for that matter who has read this LEGENDary review, now that it has been confirmed that Legend is indeed being repositioned to Australia in September 2014, who is up for a "repositioning reunion" at least for the first leg through the Panama Canal?

I know I am, anyone else?

Sorry M&M's, I'm out on this one at more than $1700.00 per person start for a balcony and only 4 foreign ports of call on a 13 day cruise and then there's the airfare back so it looks like I'm shopping for another cruise....$unshine anyone? :rolleyes:

Edited by ShotoJuku

Me...an Indy fan...no way! ;)

All I can say is that when I told my Bride about an excursion to Delhi she told me quite bluntly - “If you think I'm going to Delhi with you, or anyplace else after all the trouble you've gotten me into, think again, buster! I'm going home to Missouri where they never feed you snakes before ripping your heart out and lowering you into hot pits! This is NOT my idea of a swell time!” :eek::rolleyes::D

Ha, ha. Love it! I just have one question, though. When you took your bride to Venice, did you climb an old spiral staircase in a church/ library and declare, "X marks the spot!?":D;)

Ha, ha. Love it! I just have one question, though. When you took your bride to Venice, did you climb an old spiral staircase in a church/ library and declare, "X marks the spot!?":D;)

That would be the Church of San Barnaba, where only the exterior was shot for the film, and according to Indy -

944488_549343048441594_723497813_a.jpgJohn Heald commented on your link.John Heald wrote: "that was fantastic Susan. What a brilliant couple and what a fantastic review. I am honoured by their kind words and enjoyed the photos of two people having fun. I have sent this to all the senior management here and I know they will be thrilled. Thanks Susan for posting this here and my best wishes to you and to ShotoJuku.......love that name. cheers"

Over 26,000+ Views Now...Just Sayin'!! :rolleyes:

Edited by ShotoJuku

Over 26,000+ Views Now...Just Sayin'!! :rolleyes:

What is it that you're saying? You know there is something to be said for 'humbleness? :D:D .....hope your head doesn't get too swelled by all this attention!:eek::p;)

What is it that you're saying? You know there is something to be said for 'humbleness? :D:D .....hope your head doesn't get too swelled by all this attention!:eek::p;)

Me, I'm humble like the dust I walk on yet astounded that this review is still being viewed after all this time.:o

Me, I'm humble like the dust I walk on yet astounded that this review is still being viewed after all this time.:o

It will actually 'resurface' every once in awhile as people do searches for specific cruises/tour information - so people shall be viewing it and commenting on in for months to come! Be prepared :)

Your review and the pics are fabulous! I've been following every day! Thanks for doing so much work!

I am loving them - will be doing similar itinerary this fall - looking at the pictures makes the waiting bearable!! We will also be celebrating our 30th - our first cruise and first overseas trip!!!

I am loving them - will be doing similar itinerary this fall - looking at the pictures makes the waiting bearable!! We will also be celebrating our 30th - our first cruise and first overseas trip!!!

Congrats on your 30th!!!

The primary review with many pics comes first and then there is a special "BACK <--- To The Photos" section that comes after that.

Read on Spartacus!! :D