WORLD CRUISE 2015 Available for Booking

Pia1913

I believe the 3% discount is offered by Princess for payment in full at time of booking (See the World Cruise Brochure). However, if the 3% is being given for FCCs, then we need to get back with Princess and check this out. Prices should remain high for this cruise because of the 111-day LA to LA and the 94-day LA to Fort Lauderdale. We expect this cruise to sell out very quickly because of the embarkation and disembarkation ports. We have booked and looking forward to another World Cruise!!

Curt:)

I believe the 3% discount is offered by Princess for payment in full at time of booking (See the World Cruise Brochure). However, if the 3% is being given for FCCs, then we need to get back with Princess and check this out. Prices should remain high for this cruise because of the 111-day LA to LA and the 94-day LA to Fort Lauderdale. We expect this cruise to sell out very quickly because of the embarkation and disembarkation ports. We have booked and looking forward to another World Cruise!!

Hi Cindy and Curt: haven't seen you in a lot of years. I think the last time may have been in 2007; Golden from Buenos Aires - 35 days.

The 3% is being offered on this one with only a 10% deposit. Final payment due at the 120 day mark; September of next year.

Have you started a roll call?

Pia,

Yes, I think you are correct about the Golden Princess sailing. Seems like a long time ago. Appreciate the information on the 3% and the 10% deposit. This is totally different than previous World Cruises.

Nope, haven't started a Roll Call yet. Possibly you will step up and get things rolling!!!!!

Take care,

Curt and Cindy:):):)

Pia,

Yes, I think you are correct about the Golden Princess sailing. Seems like a long time ago. Appreciate the information on the 3% and the 10% deposit. This is totally different than previous World Cruises.

Nope, haven't started a Roll Call yet. Possibly you will step up and get things rolling!!!!!

Take care,

Re: roll call. I'll do it as soon as I'm decided and deposited.

I called Princess yesterday morning and was told the FCC would not work. Went ahead and booked the 111 day with our TA. Later I later remembered we had the confirmation letter you get when you buy the FCC and it did say that instead of the $100 pp deposit you could book the World Cruise for 5% deposit and 3% discount. Our TA called Princess back and they are refunding 5% of the deposit we paid(we were billed 10%) and we got the 3% discount.

Curt and Cindy, are you still in Sun City Macdonald Ranch? We are Barb and Gary who also live here. We met you on one of our cruises.. I think the Star to Australia in 2009.

Going around the world with only a short trip to LA sounded too good to pass up.

Pia,

Take care,

Curt, just got caught up with your 2012 World Cruise blog. Didn't know until today that Cindy had broke her foot part way through. What a trouper she was to keep going. Hi to both of you!

My next question regarding "small ship cruising"... is there a big difference in movement on the ship between forward and aft? We currently are holding a forward suite (all the aft suites were already gone), can I expect more motion in the very front of a small ship? I'm concerned about rough seas with that many days at sea. I've never had a motion sick problem (40+ cruises), but the longest cruises so far were only 30-40 days, and this cruise will certainly cover some different areas for us.

FCC's on a World Cruise do not get you OBC. Only thing they are good for is the deposit and you get 3% off the listed price. That can be good or bad, because the commission changes for the TA. In essence, you might get a percentage off and just have a $100 deposit, but your net may end up costing more and you would need to put down 10%. Such problems. :p

I know you're on the Ocean to West Africa with us in May, but I note you also booked it from Singapore. Originally we did that too, but cancelled the first portion because we had just been there in 2012. Wanted something new, so we booked Adriatic cruise after Ocean cruise and that one has a few new ports for us.

I've moved the West Africa to 2015 to have the same cabin on both and because I liked the ports better in 2015 (Yangon, Sao Tome & Principe). Current lineup visible below!

I've done lots of it; Pacific and Ocean Princesses. We've cruised more than 100 days on the Pacific; less on the Ocean. The longest on the Pacific was 48 days, so all this one is is double. :D

I'm holding a cabin too. Need to decide by Friday.

Go for it Pia & Mike! It would be your best 'Live From' EVER!:D

Could someone please give me the link to the website for the World Cruise 2015.

Princess here only shows to 2014!

It opened here on Tuesday. I wonder why it didn't become available in Australia. Can you get the Princess.com that we get in the U.S. That's where you'll find it when you search cruises.

It opened here on Tuesday. I wonder why it didn't become available in Australia. Can you get the Princess.com that we get in the U.S. That's where you'll find it when you search cruises.

Says Princess.com but is Australian website, with Aust/NZ ads, like we don't want to cruise anywhere else!!! :(

However, if you give me a link, it should be the US site. I just want to see ports of call thanks, Pia.

My next question regarding "small ship cruising"... is there a big difference in movement on the ship between forward and aft? We currently are holding a forward suite (all the aft suites were already gone), can I expect more motion in the very front of a small ship? I'm concerned about rough seas with that many days at sea. I've never had a motion sick problem (40+ cruises), but the longest cruises so far were only 30-40 days, and this cruise will certainly cover some different areas for us.

Yes, especially crossing oceans in rough seas.

Curt and Cindy, are you still in Sun City Macdonald Ranch? We are Barb and Gary who also live here. We met you on one of our cruises.. I think the Star to Australia in 2009.

Going around the world with only a short trip to LA sounded too good to pass up.

Hi neighbors, Barb and Gary, and of course we remember you! And we're still here in SCMR, too.

We have been asking Princess for a RT US World Cruise every year, they finally came thru and from the west coast to put the icing on the cake :D!

There will be lots of talking to do. Let the fun begin, never too soon.

Cindy and Curt:):)

Curt, just got caught up with your 2012 World Cruise blog. Didn't know until today that Cindy had broke her foot part way through. What a trouper she was to keep going. Hi to both of you!

Thanks, Jeannie for the thoughts - it was quite the unfortunate experience. At least the ship let me stay on board and Curt was thrilled as the credit card didn't suffer anymore expenditures :D!

Best thoughts to you and Greg, hope our sailing paths cross again soon.

Cindy:):)

Yes, especially crossing oceans in rough seas.

Hmm ... while a smaller ship certainly will be affected more than its larger counterparts, the original question asks about movement in the forward and aft areas.

A smaller ship will have a smaller distance from forward/aft to mid-ships than the larger ships and therefore the amplification (caused by the lever arm) of the up/down motion is comparable to maybe half the way forward/aft of the larger ships. This could be a mitigating factor when comparing up/down motion between large and small ships. Maybe the difference isn't all that great.

I'd expect rolling motion, dampened by the ship's stabilizers to be close to the same.

Since you've done 30-40 day cruises before and survived them well, go for it!

Thanks to whoever mentioned that you could use FCC for reduced deposit and 3% discount on fare. Princess told me I couldn't do that, but after I insisted, the representative made several phone calls to various departments and they made the adjustments :)

Thanks to whoever mentioned that you could use FCC for reduced deposit and 3% discount on fare. Princess told me I couldn't do that, but after I insisted, the representative made several phone calls to various departments and they made the adjustments :)

What sort of reduced deposit are you talking about? You cannot use your FCC for only the $100 usual deposit. And if you use a TA who discounts, the 3% Princess discount will net you more than if you hadn't used it. Princess is offering a 5% deposit to anyone.

I was reading this thread to DH and wondering if we should just do it, and I got to this post and said, "SIXTY sea days" and DH said, "That's a LOT of bingo!"

Do it, Pia. That's as close as we'll get to it.

So what does the snowball jackpot look like after that?

When I called our TA, after finding the World Cruise FCC information, they also had to go through several departments to get to the correct person who could make the adjustments. So they didn't have any better luck with Princess.

Did you know that there is OBC being given by Princess on the World Cruise as well as free gratuities? It is $1000 pp for a balcony and above and $500 pp for inside and outside cabins. Problem is when our TA spoke with Princess they knew nothing about this, even though it says it in their mini brochure on the World Cruise that I received in an email from Princess. Our TA had me send an email with a copy of the brochure to Princess and I haven't heard back yet.

When I called our TA, after finding the World Cruise FCC information, they also had to go through several departments to get to the correct person who could make the adjustments. So they didn't have any better luck with Princess.

Did you know that there is OBC being given by Princess on the World Cruise as well as free gratuities? It is $1000 pp for a balcony and above and $500 pp for inside and outside cabins. Problem is when our TA spoke with Princess they knew nothing about this, even though it says it in their mini brochure on the World Cruise that I received in an email from Princess. Our TA had me send an email with a copy of the brochure to Princess and I haven't heard back yet.

Always free gratuities on a full WC, but I never saw the OBC circular. Can you scan it here? Is it just for the 111 day or also the 94 day?

Always free gratuities on a full WC, but I never saw the OBC circular. Can you scan it here? Is it just for the 111 day or also the 94 day?

I have the same e-mail, and if I read it correctly it was only for the full 111 day on the Pacific, but looks like the 2014 world cruise segments (over 50 days) are eligible for OBC's. We're only doing 94 days since we've done Panama Canal a few times... are the gratuities included on the segments of a world cruise also? I couldn't really tell based on the wording.

Pia, do you want me to forward you the brochure e-mail?

Archived