WORLD CRUISE 2015 Available for Booking

Pia1913

Pia sure hope they give you lots of extra internet minutes if you go. I can only imagine the LIVE FROM and gosh how many hits on that thread. :)

Joe

Pia sure hope they give you lots of extra internet minutes if you go. I can only imagine the LIVE FROM and gosh how many hits on that thread. :)

Joe

I already know about internet minutes because I researched it. We each get 2000 minutes, so I might be able to make that do. OTOH, I need to figure out how to pay for it. :eek:

Yes, I'm thinking. :D

Someday we'll actually be on the same cruise. This one won't be it - my vacation allowance falls far short of the necessary number of days. I'm in the group of people designated as NRY - "Not Retired - Yet". ;)

Dang it.....if I had only won that Powerball jackpot last week or two weeks ago...I would be booking it too!

If you had won THAT Powerball jackpot, you could purchase your own ship and take all your CC friends!

Wow, I just looked at the itinerary.. 60 sea days on an R-Class ship.. :eek: I think I need to work my way up to that.. :p

I was reading this thread to DH and wondering if we should just do it, and I got to this post and said, "SIXTY sea days" and DH said, "That's a LOT of bingo!"

Do it, Pia. That's as close as we'll get to it.

I am currently holding a cabin on this cruise, but... we've never sailed on a ship this small. If you've done the "small ship" cruising, please give me your thoughts on 60 days at sea on the Pacific.

For us if it's a port intensive cruise the smaller ships aren't bad. But if you have a lot of time on board we prefer the extra activities and space available on the larger ships.

That being said, our next cruise is on the Pacific Princess for 10 days in Tahiti.

The smaller ships will afford the opportunity to get into ports some of the larger ships can't go, but with 60 of the 94 days at sea itdoesn't look like this will be a factor..

I was just looking at that! I could probably take a leave from work but there's one small problem--paying for it. that's a bit of an issue. I may need to rethink. then again if pia is going I could live vicariously through you. I like sea days but would want more ports. i'll just have to keep doing my world cruise one small area at a time.

We did it on the Tahitian Princess..now called Ocean Princess... 107 days, 42 ports...LOVED it! It is a once in a life time...gotta do it. Need at least a balcony, cause lots of relaxing down time, but so many more speakers and activities than a regular cruise....also the smaller ship gets you into so many ports the big ships can't go to....

I would highly recommend.....:p

I am currently holding a cabin on this cruise, but... we've never sailed on a ship this small. If you've done the "small ship" cruising, please give me your thoughts on 60 days at sea on the Pacific.

I've done lots of it; Pacific and Ocean Princesses. We've cruised more than 100 days on the Pacific; less on the Ocean. The longest on the Pacific was 48 days, so all this one is is double. :D

I'm holding a cabin too. Need to decide by Friday.

I did not enjoy the eight consecutive sea days we had between Dubai and Port Said (well, seven and a half because we got in mid-afternoon to Port Said). There is not a lot to do, though I love the small ships.

I've done lots of it; Pacific and Ocean Princesses. We've cruised more than 100 days on the Pacific; less on the Ocean. The longest on the Pacific was 48 days, so all this one is is double. :D

I'm holding a cabin too. Need to decide by Friday.

I took cabins on several of the exotic sailings, two of which (on the Ocean) conflict directly with this. Hopefully my TA will this morning follow my instructions about how to do it regarding Future Cruise Credits and all that good stuff.

I took cabins on several of the exotic sailings, two of which (on the Ocean) conflict directly with this. Hopefully my TA will this morning follow my instructions about how to do it regarding Future Cruise Credits and all that good stuff.

FCC's on a World Cruise do not get you OBC. Only thing they are good for is the deposit and you get 3% off the listed price. That can be good or bad, because the commission changes for the TA. In essence, you might get a percentage off and just have a $100 deposit, but your net may end up costing more and you would need to put down 10%. Such problems. :p

I know you're on the Ocean to West Africa with us in May, but I note you also booked it from Singapore. Originally we did that too, but cancelled the first portion because we had just been there in 2012. Wanted something new, so we booked Adriatic cruise after Ocean cruise and that one has a few new ports for us.

Archived