Do you have to pay for infant at specialty restaurants?

We are interested in reserving lunch at Giovanni's on embarkation day as a way to have a nice lunch in a more peaceful setting.

We will be 6 adults and a 9 mo infant. Anyone had experience with this? If she comes in do we get charged? She wouldn't be eating off their menu of course as she will be doing mashed up vege's and fruits along with formula.

We are interested in reserving lunch at Giovanni's on embarkation day as a way to have a nice lunch in a more peaceful setting.

We will be 6 adults and a 9 mo infant. Anyone had experience with this? If she comes in do we get charged? She wouldn't be eating off their menu of course as she will be doing mashed up vege's and fruits along with formula.

I'm not sure about your question. But I don't think you can bring infants into the specialty restaurants. Someone had previously mentioned that they have age limitations. I could be wrong. And that age limit might just be for dinner. I doubt that they would charge you anything for the baby anyway. Maybe a corkage fee..........lol.

We took our 9 month old twins with us to dinner at Giovanni's on our recent Oasis cruise. I did not put them on the reservation and we were not charged for them. I did, however, stop by and speak to the hostess the day before to let them know they would be joining us. You obviously won't be able to do that but I don't think you will have any problems. Enjoy. Giovanni's was our favorite specialty restaurant onboard.

On the Mariner earlier this month, I enquired at Giovanni's about having a lunch there with my wife and my 2 year old daughter. They mentioned that she won't be charged, and she was welcome at lunch (but for dinner, I think you had to be seated before 7?).

Also, my 2 year old wasn't charged at Johnny Rockets etiher (even though she gobbled down a plate of half a serving of fries and a half a sundae :p)

No charge, unless she screams relentlessly. ;)

On the Mariner earlier this month, I enquired at Giovanni's about having a lunch there with my wife and my 2 year old daughter. They mentioned that she won't be charged, and she was welcome at lunch (but for dinner, I think you had to be seated before 7?).

Also, my 2 year old wasn't charged at Johnny Rockets etiher (even though she gobbled down a plate of half a serving of fries and a half a sundae :p)

From the RCI website:

Children with a parent or guardian are welcome in our specialty restaurants throughout serving hours. The only exceptions are Chef's Table which requires all guests to be 21 years of age or older, and 150 Central Park which requires families with children under 13 years of age to dine before 7 p.m. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

We will be 6 adults and a 9 mo infant.

Here's a link with the answer to your question. (I read it as yes)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=3233&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

BTW, wasn't there just a thread that said that royal dos not allow infants to cruise unless they are at least 1 year old? I guess it depends on the cruise.

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise.

From the RCI website:

Children with a parent or guardian are welcome in our specialty restaurants throughout serving hours. The only exceptions are Chef's Table which requires all guests to be 21 years of age or older, and 150 Central Park which requires families with children under 13 years of age to dine before 7 p.m. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

and FYI in case anyone is interested:

We dined at the Chef's Table on our recent cruise on the Legend. The paperwork in MANY places on the ship said it was open to ages "13 and up" I was surprised, having rad 21 and up in the online policy.

We did NOT pay that for our teens, it is a lot for kids too young to be allowed the wine pairings, but it appears that on at least some ships, teens may attend the Chef's Table dinner.

and FYI in case anyone is interested:

We dined at the Chef's Table on our recent cruise on the Legend. The paperwork in MANY places on the ship said it was open to ages "13 and up" I was surprised, having rad 21 and up in the online policy.

We did NOT pay that for our teens, it is a lot for kids too young to be allowed the wine pairings, but it appears that on at least some ships, teens may attend the Chef's Table dinner.

You are correct. There have been post on the boards in the past about children being allowed in, I think younger than teens, some parents have the money to do that and if the ship oks it then they are in.

Here's a link with the answer to your question. (I read it as yes)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=3233&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

BTW, wasn't there just a thread that said that royal dos not allow infants to cruise unless they are at least 1 year old? I guess it depends on the cruise.

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise.

The 12 month old requirement was for a cruise with 3 consecutive sea days.

CK, do you have your signatures turned off? OP's ticker indicates Allure - no consecutive 3 sea days on that itinerary.

I don't, but, I see the problem. I am an idiot! ;-) FWIW, I usually just read the message and ignore the signature. I should probably pay more attention to that, especially in cases like this. Thanks.

I don't, but, I see the problem. I am an idiot! ;-) FWIW, I usually just read the message and ignore the signature. I should probably pay more attention to that, especially in cases like this. Thanks.

I don't see the signature on this app so it wouldn't be obvious to everyone anyway:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived