Price drop on getaway!

hammsz

If your thinking of booking do it now! prices have been high for the last 4 months and most rooms have dropped as much as 300/pp. Just booked today and saved 400 for both of us in a balcony

For those who were already booked and got the price adjustment, were you able to keep any promos (OBC, free specialty dining, etc) with the price drop? My TA called and was told that if we took the price drop we would lose our HSN promo as well as the free specialty dining we had on the original price. Is this typical?

I just booked the Getaway this am. I expected the prices to be higher than Breakaway, but surprisingly, it was less money!

I think that there is more supply of new ships (and ships alltogether) in Florida - in NYC they can keep prices up more easily.

For those who were already booked and got the price adjustment, were you able to keep any promos (OBC, free specialty dining, etc) with the price drop? My TA called and was told that if we took the price drop we would lose our HSN promo as well as the free specialty dining we had on the original price. Is this typical?

That is definitely not true. I not only kept my HSN OBC, but I re-booked under a latitudes program, which means I'm getting extra points now. You may lose the specialty dining - if that was part of a promotion that you booked under, but definitely not the HSN OBC. That has nothing at all to do with NCL.

NCL is already having trouble selling Breakaway. They were forced to reduce Getaway pricing.

I do hope there are massive improvements to the Getaway. I have been on my parents for years now to try NCL. They are used to more high end lines. I will be really embarrased if the Getaway has the same issues Breakaway is having.

Thanks for posting; have been thinking of Getaway but haven't looked into it yet.

We are just back from Breakaway and nothing was bad enough that I wouldn't sail either Breakaway or its newer sister Getaway!

Full review coming probably later today with my observations and opinions!

Thanks for posting; have been thinking of Getaway but haven't looked into it yet.

We are just back from Breakaway and nothing was bad enough that I wouldn't sail either Breakaway or its newer sister Getaway!

Full review coming probably later today with my observations and opinions!

Looking forward to your review!!

I do hope there are massive improvements to the Getaway. I have been on my parents for years now to try NCL. They are used to more high end lines. I will be really embarrased if the Getaway has the same issues Breakaway is having.

What issues are the Breakaway having?

Not sure what massive improvements you are expecting. No MASSIVE problems have been reported about the Breakaway.

Just an FYI- The Getaway is 80% complete ( it is suppose to be launched in Jan 2014) and as a sister ship, PHYSICAL things like size of the balconies, elevators being slow & full, cabins not sound proof enough, etc., cannot be changed. What can change is there has been some reports that the staff has had some "attitude" or "lack of friendliness" issues ( read Gambee's post and others..), lines for some dining venues, service slow in some venues, any NON- phyisical areas of the ship can certainly be improved. My friend was on the Breakaway 6/2 sailing and loved it, but his only 2 gripes were some of the chairs in the entertainment places ( like in the Cirque de Dreams?) were very uncomfortable. There was one other venue he said was terrible for the comfort of the seats...it was his 1st NCL cruise after numerous RCI & Celebrity cruises and one Princess cruise last year. Him & DW loved the ship..after being on both the Freedom of The Seas & Oasis, he was used to 55-75 SF balconies, so yes, 32 SF was a bit tight he said, but they made due. Now that cannot be changed. If you want bigger balconies, go with the B1 aft, the B6 on deck 9, MA mini's on deck 8 , or of course some of the Haven or Penthouse suites are bigger....DW & I may go on the Getaway next fall '14, and we plan to get one of the cabins mentioned here ( except the $$ ones..)

Big Al

Just an FYI- The Getaway is 80% complete ( it is suppose to be launched in Jan 2014) and as a sister ship, PHYSICAL things like size of the balconies, elevators being slow & full, cabins not sound proof enough, etc., cannot be changed. What can change is there has been some reports that the staff has had some "attitude" or "lack of friendliness" issues ( read Gambee's post and others..), lines for some dining venues, service slow in some venues, any NON- phyisical areas of the ship can certainly be improved. My friend was on the Breakaway 6/2 sailing and loved it, but his only 2 gripes were some of the chairs in the entertainment places ( like in the Cirque de Dreams?) were very uncomfortable. There was one other venue he said was terrible for the comfort of the seats...it was his 1st NCL cruise after numerous RCI & Celebrity cruises and one Princess cruise last year. Him & DW loved the ship..after being on both the Freedom of The Seas & Oasis, he was used to 55-75 SF balconies, so yes, 32 SF was a bit tight he said, but they made due. Now that cannot be changed. If you want bigger balconies, go with the B1 aft, the B6 on deck 9, MA mini's on deck 8 , or of course some of the Haven or Penthouse suites are bigger....DW & I may go on the Getaway next fall '14, and we plan to get one of the cabins mentioned here ( except the $$ ones..)

Big Al

Not to get off topic but DH and I decided to go in the other direction--we are getting our first inside since 1986 on the Getaway.

We are keeping our balcony for our Breakaway cruise in September and if it is really good we might change but if not we will have much moula to spend on other things, and not on the ship. That will be NCL's loss...

Archived