Royal Caribbean - Port Canaveral

RCI already has 2 ships in PC, and the Ex is coming for a winter season next year, it has been reported that RCI is going to place another ship in PC full time, so maybe the EX will stay. Carnival had 3 ships for a while but have pulled one recently, looks like they are now replacing it

Edited by uksimonusa

Neat article.

I would like to see more offered out of Port Canaveral. I would LOVE a Southern Caribbean option on either Radiance Class or Voyager Class out of Port Canaveral.

There is one on EX November 2014

RCI already has 2 ships in PC, and the Ex is coming for a winter season next year, it has been reported that RCI is going to place another ship in PC full time, so maybe the EX will stay. Carnival had 3 ships for a while but have pulled one recently, looks like they are now replacing it

I saw those in late 2014 and 2015 on Explorer.

I'm crossing my fingers it stays.

Edited by G85 SS

Yes, we sailed on Freedom this past Spring break. We were told that there are big plans for Canaveral. With the new CEO, Walsh, he is really pushing expansion.

I also hope they leave a ship there that will serve the Southern Caribbean full time.

Yes, we sailed on Freedom this past Spring break. We were told that there are big plans for Canaveral. With the new CEO, Walsh, he is really pushing expansion.

I also hope they leave a ship there that will serve the Southern Caribbean full time.

Smart idea on his part since there is also a lot of expansion taking place at the theme parks here in Orlando. It's too close to a great market to not do anything with.

Smart idea on his part since there is also a lot of expansion taking place at the theme parks here in Orlando. It's too close to a great market to not do anything with.

I think Port Canaveral is a great location to start a family cruise vacation with Orlando nearby, whether for US residents or International travelers. You can double your vacation pleasure, theme parks and cruise in one general area.

I think Port Canaveral is a great location to start a family cruise vacation with Orlando nearby, whether for US residents or International travelers. You can double your vacation pleasure, theme parks and cruise in one general area.

That's how I feel as well. Not to mention there are a ton of shuttles that run between the pier and the resorts here in Orlando.

And if I recall correctly, Universal will be finished with the new resorts they're adding in around the time Explorer of the Seas shows up in Canaveral.

Huge disappointment!! I love the Dream only ship of Carnivals that I would ever "consider" going back on, and told daughter next year to go on her, but now I have to tell her to go RC because the Sunshine is too small, too old, too many problems so disappointed to get this ship in Pt. Canaveral. The Carnival Liberty ek.....well if you notice I am going back to RC next year so I will continue to give RC my business since their best ship the Dream is being taken away. No problem, I just move up my status on RC and daughter will also. Too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if Royal needs to "step up" as the op stated. We just sailed our first Carnival cruise (Breeze, less than one year old) and unless they practically give me the cruise, I will not be going back on Carnival. It is not that we had a "bad" cruise, Carnival just did not do the little things RCCL does that we like.

Now if Carnival can bring their product to RCCL standards, that might be another story.

Tim

Royal Caribbean may have to step it up a little more in Port Canaveral as Carnival is moving some big ships there in 2014.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/9479.html

???They're replacing one of their biggest ships (Dream) and one of their smallest ships (Ecstasy) with two mid-sized ships (Sunshine and Liberty). Sounds more like a bit of retrenchment (one step forward, two steps back) than a proactive expansion strategy.

I don't think Royal has to worry about keeping up. The new SUNSHINE is the 17 year old Destiny. 100,00 ton. Even with the new refurb its the same cabin areas , low ceiling , old concept. And now moving the Liberty here. They had the Glory its sister here for years before. Losing the newer larger Dream class is a big let down for Carnival customers. The Freedom has nothing to worry about. Bob The Villages Florida:):):)

I'll be very happy as well to have an Oasis Class ship in PC- An hours drive from us:D

We would love to cruise out of there more but it whenever we want to sail the Oasis class is always se close in price to the Freedom that we drive down to Ft. Lauderdale and do one of them instead.

Yes, I just sailed out of PC last month for the second time and it is so easy!!! Our room steward also shared last month that RCCL was planning expansion there - one more large ship (obviously the Explorer that you all have seen mentioned) and maybe expanded itineraries. I hope all of you are correct! I always hope for a Radiance Class ship - I just adore that class of ship. :)