Navigator in Galveston year round starting in November

So wish we could but we are going to be forced to take a 10 day trip to Kailua, HI on the north shore of Oahu next spring after taking a week in the Midwest this fall. So, actually I am okay with the 519 days now!:D

Lucky you! Wish I was " forced" into a Hawaiian trip. :)

This is great news for us since we live in Texas and would not have to take a plane. That saves some cash for us. Our only choice out of Galveston was The Carnival Magic in the summer. So happy that RCI is a summer choice now. They will not be sorry for the summer Texans that will go

I wonder why only two cruises with Costa Maya ?
Yes, I'm wondering the very same thing. Costa Maya was one of the ports on the Mariner out of Galveston Christmas 2011. This was a family cruise and the grandchildren's very favorite port. The only time school age children can cruise is over the Christmas holidays and during summer break. We'll just have to cross our fingers for 2015!

Does anybody know if there is a list to be on when they can't fill up the ship to let you know? I thought at one time I heard they had one for Florida passengers and people got a good deal for a last minute cruise.

Would be GREAT now that the ship will be full time in Galveston!

Does anybody know if there is a list to be on when they can't fill up the ship to let you know? I thought at one time I heard they had one for Florida passengers and people got a good deal for a last minute cruise.

Would be GREAT now that the ship will be full time in Galveston!

No more lists

Just check pricing up to last minute

Be prepared to go

With a couple of days only

There is plenty to do in Galveston/Kemah/Nasa area

There are special events in Galveston

area almost every weekend

See:

www.galveston.com

(what to do)(calendar of events) your vacation calendar dates

see also:

www.galvestonhistory.org-----Galveston Historical Foundation !!!!!!

www.moodygardens.com ------ just look at site !!!!!!

www.thegrand.com1894 Grand Opera House !!!!!!

Clearlake

Nasa Space Center

Kemah board walk – www.kemahboardwalk.com

Galveston:

Beaches Beaches Beaches 32 Miled on Gulf of Mexico

Old town Galveston *- Strand To Post Office Street

(lots of shopping, ice cream, nautical shops, fine restaurants , Antiques, Shops, Bakeries and Coffee shops

Festivals

Wineries

Restaurants overlooking gulf and on port

Two first class convention centers

Many live theater venues

Many live music venues

Free concert nights - old town Galveston *- on strand

Free film nights -old town Galveston *- on strand

Free band nights-“family/kids” summer outdoor Tuesdays 24th & Sealy

1894 grand opera house (must seetour, and/or theater performances

Chess park

Artist festivals

Museums

Antique stores and art Galleries

Horse drawn carriage rides

Swimming in Gulf

Fine restaurants

Night scene

Galveston Historical Foundation properties*

Many Historical and Victorian homes

Galveston has second largest preservation membership in United States

Wooden Carved Trees Tour (wonderful)

Bishops palace (wonderful)

Moody mansion(wonderful)

· Ashton villa (wonderful)

Moody gardens *(lots and lots and lots to do) (massive, fun and family oriented)

Schlitterbahn water park www.schlitterbahn.com/gal

Galveton Pleasure Pier - Galveton Pleasure Pier.com

Restored tall ship schooner Elisa www.tsm-elissa.org (wonderful)

1900 storm and pirate jean Laffite documentary films at port

Pirates Store and program - Old town Strand

Maritime museum- www.tsm-elissa.org

Airplane museum (Lone Star Flight Museum)- www.lsfm.org/

Railroad museum - www.galvestonrrmuseum.com

Oil drilling rig museum - www.oceanstaroec.com

Sea wolf park – WWII submarine and destroyer - www.cavalla.org

Large souvenir shop over gulf water - Murdochs

Walks and shelling on the beach

Cruise ships (RCCL, Carnival, Princess, Disney)

Fishing (piers, wadefishing and charters-offshore & inshore))

Golfing

Skateboard park - large

Kayaking trails

Surfing and children surf camps

Kite flying on beach

Marine life and children marine care educational camps at Moody Gardens

Marine life and children marine camps at Texas AM University - Sea Camp Programs

Various Running events with major Triathlon event

Sand castle building event

Shopping shopping shopping

Dolphin watching and port water tours

Turtle rescue farm behind San Luis Resort

Carved damaged trees tour from storm

Free ferry ride and a short cruise to Bolivar

Duck tour (amphibious boat)

Galveston.com/ interact and discover/cams

Many major weekly events and festivals not mentioned

as example :

Spring Break Events

Confederate Reenactment

Sanctioned and Fun Runs(some large)

Triathlon Events

Art Walk (every 5 or so weeks year around)

Dickens on Strand (Dec) ----LARGE - www.dickensonthestrand.com

Lone Star Motorcycle Rally (Nov) ---LARGE - www.lonestarrally.com

Mardi Gras Galveston (Feb) ----LARGE- www.mardigrasgalveston.com

October Fest

Beer Fests

Wine Events and Fests

Greek Fest

Epicurean Evening of all restaurants

Shrimp Fest

Yega’s Wild Game Cook Off large

County Fair - LARGE

Children’s Fest

Feather Fest - Large

Old Timey Bathing Beauty Fest

And many many more !!

Trauma 1 Emergency Hospital on Island – Univ. Texas Medical Branch/Sealy Hospital

Also check resaurant.com They have good certificates on a couple restaurants in Galveston. Check out Noahs Ark. just outside of Galveston.

Here's an update on those two Costa Maya cruises. If you open the Nov. one and open the itinerary option, that will show not Costa Maya at all, but the same old Roatan route. I also looked this up on another web site and it was the same. I believe this is just an error on RCI's web site, and that there is only the May 2014 6 night cruise going to Costa Maya.

I just booked my September Galveston cruise. I was able to snag a balcony room as well. Looking forward to experiencing the balcony and sailing in the off season.

As far as things to do, the Natural Science Museum in Houston is really nice. The dinosaur exhibit is worth the trip. There is also a planetarium and Imax.

Here's an update on those two Costa Maya cruises. If you open the Nov. one and open the itinerary option, that will show not Costa Maya at all, but the same old Roatan route. I also looked this up on another web site and it was the same. I believe this is just an error on RCI's web site, and that there is only the May 2014 6 night cruise going to Costa Maya.

November 16 is still showing Costa Maya for me on RCI's site if you open the sailing on the actual date. If you just open sailings for November generally it has shown Belize from the beginning on RCI's site but not on other outside sites. I am watching this sailing too as I am with Centex Cruiser and would prefer Costa Maya to Belize.

Are you looking at 2014?

I am so excited that NOS will be sailing full time out of Galveston! It may be old news, but I smile every time I think about it. We won't go near Carnival, and now with Royal so close to home, we won't need to worry about flying.

Since we have school age kids and I work in a school, we have to go during either spring break or summer vacation. Now to decide which itinerary we would rather be on.

We have not sailed on Navigator so we are looking forward to sailing on her in 2014!

I thought I heard somewhere that they were going to refit the Navigator with a flowrider? Any idea if this is true or not? Are they going to refit all of the Voyager class ships? When are they going to refit the Navigator (if they are doing it)?

Other than a transfer is there any good way to get from Houston airport to Galveston?

jc

I thought I heard somewhere that they were going to refit the Navigator with a flowrider? Any idea if this is true or not? Are they going to refit all of the Voyager class ships? When are they going to refit the Navigator (if they are doing it)?

Other than a transfer is there any good way to get from Houston airport to Galveston?

jc

Yes, they are going to add a flowrider to Navigator, however Royal has not announced detailed plans for the other Voyager class ships.

jc

The Navigator is going into Drydock in Jan 2014. This is when they will add the Flowrider, the virtual balconies (coming to the Quantum), and a few specialty dining venues.

one of those lower cost May cruises is 6 nights, not 7. So naturally, the cost is a bit lower

I see that. The ship returns on Saturday, May 10, and departs on Sunday, May 11. I wonder why? So starting May 10 the ship is sitting in the Galveston dock for over 24 hours. After a month long refurb in January. That's odd to me.

Archived