Will this be a problem at check in?

boss_lady

We are sailing on 8/17/2013 to Alaska on the Jewel. My question is this, our edocs for my friend has an extra letter in her last name, passport, drivers license, credit card all have the correct spelling, so will it create a problem at check in?

I have emailed my PCC with NCL about this and haven't heard back. This is the third time I have emailed this person and haven't gotten a response back. If I haven't heard by tomorrow I will be calling.

Thank you!!

We are sailing on 8/17/2013 to Alaska on the Jewel. My question is this, our edocs for my friend has an extra letter in her last name, passport, drivers license, credit card all have the correct spelling, so will it create a problem at check in?

I have emailed my PCC with NCL about this and haven't heard back. This is the third time I have emailed this person and haven't gotten a response back. If I haven't heard by tomorrow I will be calling.

Thank you!!

I would call and get it corrected. The names have to match.

I have emailed my PCC with NCL about this and haven't heard back. This is the third time I have emailed this person and haven't gotten a response back.

Very likely the PCC you made your booking with is no longer working for NCL. I found this out the hard way when trying to call mine regarding an important issue a week before sailing: the person who answered his extension (who refused to give me their name) pretty much told me I was SOL because the original PCC did not make any notes on the booking even though I have a e-mail from him stating my request had been taken care of.

If this is the case, you need to call the main NCL customer service number--who will try to tell you that they cannot help you because the booking was made by a PCC. DO NOT allow them to transfer you--DEMAND to speak to a supervisor so that the non-responsiveness of the person assigned to take over for your PCC is noted for the record. I may sound a little harsh but it is absolutely 100% essential that the name on the booking exactly match the ID presented at check in--this should have been addressed the moment you noticed it!

You dont need to worry about this.I book all of my cruises with just my first and last name. When i board the ship, i noticed NCL automatically updates my info with my middle name that they got off of my passport.

You dont need to worry about this.I book all of my cruises with just my first and last name. When i board the ship, i noticed NCL automatically updates my info with my middle name that they got off of my passport.

Yes, I do that too, and they probably add the middle name to avoid confusion with 2 John Smiths for instance. But that is not the same as having an incorrect last name that does not match your ID. They definitely need to get it corrected.

Can't say about NCL procedures but as a side note at least in air travel it is customary that one letter mistake in name is allowed in travel documents without any problems with authorities.

Very likely the PCC you made your booking with is no longer working for NCL. I found this out the hard way when trying to call mine regarding an important issue a week before sailing: the person who answered his extension (who refused to give me their name) pretty much told me I was SOL because the original PCC did not make any notes on the booking even though I have a e-mail from him stating my request had been taken care of.

If this is the case, you need to call the main NCL customer service number--who will try to tell you that they cannot help you because the booking was made by a PCC. DO NOT allow them to transfer you--DEMAND to speak to a supervisor so that the non-responsiveness of the person assigned to take over for your PCC is noted for the record. I may sound a little harsh but it is absolutely 100% essential that the name on the booking exactly match the ID presented at check in--this should have been addressed the moment you noticed it!

They will never say they can't help if you book with a PCC. You are booked direct with NCL. Now with a TA that's another story.

Still waiting to hear from my PCC. Left a voice mail on this and sent an email. I have sent him other emails for other things and he was right on it. Not sure why this is a problem unless he is off for the weekend or on vacation.

Will keep you posted and thank you for your responses.

Since you booked with a Norwegian PCC, you should be able to call them yourself and get it corrected (if you do not want to wait for PCC reply). Although one letter off, I would rather be safe than sorry as the other posters mentioned. Best wishes!

Coka

Thank you everyone for your help.

I never did hear from my PCC so I call NCL and talked to someone else who was very helpful and had it corrected in a matter of moments. New edocs are printed out with the correct spelling of my friends last name. YEAH!!! We are good to go. Now I have to wait 32 more days!!

ALASKA HERE WE COME!!!

Thank you!!

I know with the first name it is not an issue my edocs always have me as Debbie where my passport etc. have me as Deborah

oh, i never check in until i get to the counter at the port no wonder i didn't know thanks

i would strongly suggest you do it online. Normally, you are okay. But, in the process some things came come up that need attention.

After taking lots of cruises - see below - I was checking in for a recent cruise and realized our Passports had expired.

Do it in advance to make sure everything is in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived