Are you a laid back cruiser, or constantly on the go?

jules815

I thibk it depends on the cruise. Usually my boyfriend and i book excursions waaaay ahead of time and run around a lot in ports with our lazy days usually being the private islands. Next month we are taking our first cruise on Oasis and i kind of feel the ship itself is the destination so i plan to have a lot of time on the ship. We haven't planned any excursions but i'm okay with that since it will be our third or fourth time in nassau (i've lost count). St. Thomas and St. Maarten look promising but we are just wanting more of a laid back vacation. That doesn't necessarily mean that we won't want a busy schedule next time, just that this time i don't feel like we need to see everything. We try to keep balconies since that's where i like to take naps and relax when we don't want to be around other people so we can have the best of both worlds. To each his own, i guess.

In port, yes, we are very active, usually choosing more physical excursions like hiking or snorkeling. When we're sailing, we're very laid back. We sleep in and order room service for breakfast. During the day, we're most likely found relaxing on our balcony and/or napping. We take in a few shows after dinner, or not. No plans on board, but packed schedule in port.

I am a planner. I plan everything possible down to the exact $$ and what is being done. I'm on the go-go-go non-stop. I hate to sit still and have to be doing something (or more than one thing at a time). :D My husband on the other hand is more of a relaxer. So, I will plan where we are going and when we get there, he'll find a place to relax and I'm on the go with the little one. He will join when he wants and then goes back to "resting" again. :) It works out great for us.

Depends on the cruise....if we are going to see new ports of call, we will try to see the best they have to offer. If we are going to often-visited, repeat ports, we might get off just to do a bit of shopping, but that's about it.

On board the ship is another matter....we like to 'do-it-all', that is try to do as many shipboard activities as possible. We are only in our cabin (an inside is usually sufficient) to sleep, shower, and change in. We have participated in enough organized staff activities to collect all the souvenir logo items they had to offer, on the lines that do that activity.

I can relax when I am back home.....:)

If we're on a European itinerary we are out walking the city or on all-day excursion. In the Caribbean we take it a bit more easy, there's really nothing to see. We hit the beach, stroll around town and head back to the ship. We don't feel a particular need to fill our day with activities in tropical port stops, we love coming back to the ship, our floating home and enjoying our favorite pursuits aboard.

Jonathan

After breakfast on a sea day, OH disappears with the ship's paper under his arm, and I rarely see him until we're getting ready for dinner because he joins in everything.

In port, he makes his own way, looking at everything, whilst I'm on a tour or a HOHO bus.

The last time we were in Venice, on an overnight stop, he covered everyone of the districts in the 2 days, by waterbus or walking. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I could be found sipping cold white wine in open air bars, with other cruisers..

I tend to over plan, so this next cruise, I'm not. But every day I fight the temptation to book an excursion. Even though I'm not really interested in swimming with the dolphins ;)

3013 Sept Carnival Ecstacy

2011 Dec Carnival Fascination

2010 Sept Carnival Elation

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Archived