What has been you favorite Port of Call and why?

IGottaP

Our very favorite port is Costa Maya, Mexico. We love that gorgeous turquoise-cobalt blue clear water, the gorgeous beaches, delicious food, friendly people, Mayan Chan and the safe atmosphere. I loved Portsmouth, RI ... what a gorgeous little town. Quebec City ... it's breathtaking and a prettier sailaway than Venice. And, Alaska! We loved each and every port. We decided to give Jamaica one more try this past May. The port was the "pretend" town of Falmouth. Good grief. We will not cruise again if Jamaica is on the itinerary. We enjoy the ports where we feel safe and feel 100% comfortable in taking our young grandchildren.

OOH! OOOH! I forgot. Tortola, 'cause we can take a catamaran to Jost Van Dyke... so I can wade ashore and visit the Soggy Dollar Bar... originator of the Painkiller... then layout on the beach till they scoop me up and take me back to the ship.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

My favorite port was Fanning Island. Is was so isolated and beautiful. The tiny island is located in the middle of no where and there is nothing there, no stores or restaurants or tourists excursions, or taxis, just the emerald green beach and a barbeque the cruise line puts on for you. It was so peaceful and relaxing and the view was stunning.

Since I have only done Eastern and Western cruises (hope to do a Bermuda and Southern some day soon), then I would have to say that St Thomas was also my favorite on the Eastern side (Sapphire Beach). On the Western side, Roatan has become my favorite port now (due to Maya Key & Little French Key). :)

This is a great thread! It's giving me lots of ideas for future cruises! :D

I think Icy Strait Point was my favorite port of call. It exceeded my expectations of seeing both bears and whales during our shore excursion there. Hope to go back again someday.

In the Caribbean area, our favorite ports are the ABC islands- Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire. Aruba has beautiful beaches and fun hotels, Bonaire has excellent snorkeling, and Curacao is cosmopolitan with many historic sites and landhouses, but also good cove beaches for swimming and snorkeling.

Just one??? I don't know if I can pick just one. I'd have to say San Juan, Puerto Rico. We loved San Juan! We stayed in the old city at the El Convento and the entire weekend was just perfect. I'd go back to Puerto Rico in a heartbeat. The whole island was fantastic.

St. Thomas is my favorite. The beaches are amazing and the people are so friendly. St. Martin is a close second; I love the shopping there! Also, the last time I was there it was Easter Sunday and I vividly remember the churches being packed and hearing singing from blocks away.

Key West is one of my favorite places to visit but because I have been there more often by land than sea I don't count it as my favorite port.

For comparison sake Nassau is my least favorite port.

Just came home from my first cruise so I've only experienced three ports. Between Montego bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel I was expecting to love Grand Cayman the most. I had heard negative things about going ashore in Jamaica, but surprisingly this was my hands down favorite! The water was amazing! So clear and warm. I had been dying to try paddle boarding and as luck would have it, a paddle board company (PBJ) had recently set up shop on Casa Blanca Beach, right next to Doctors Cave - a short $5 cab ride away. My group and I spent hours paddling on a private beach - no hassling, just beauty! I could have stayed there all day, just breathtaking!

Only done a med cruise so far, but Egypt was pretty amazing for obvious reasons lol. We are going on a transpacific cruise in October and I'm already thinking Bora Bora will become my favourite, it looks amazing!

Wow,

I can't believe that anyone hasn't mentioned Bermuda. The great beaches, the history, great people, no one trying to sell you junk.

My favourite ports so far are, and not in order:

Bermuda, Civitavecchia(Rome), St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Grand Turk.

And of course, as someone previously stated, my favourite port is always my next one.

Archived