Anyone on Allure of the Seas just recently? Unlimited internet - true or false?

Hi there!

Headed on the Allure of the Seas next Sunday the 28th - and need to have internet access. Trying to figure out what the options are, and I've read a few accounts of an Unlimited package -but when another member of my group called to check, they said there was no such thing.

Anyone on there recently that can yea or nay this for us?

Thanks!

Monique

Hi there!

Headed on the Allure of the Seas next Sunday the 28th - and need to have internet access. Trying to figure out what the options are, and I've read a few accounts of an Unlimited package -but when another member of my group called to check, they said there was no such thing.

Thanks!

Monique

Everyone who has reported back from Allure recently has mentioned unlimited internet rates. The amount Royal charges for internet seems to vary cruise to cruise, but $149 per cruise for one device seems to be a common number quoted.

$149 for unlimited access (one device only) was the price on May 12th sailing, subsequent reports have had it as much as $179. Back earlier this year it was $119!

Appears to increasing in price in $30 steps!

If you need to use more than 1 device (I have iPad for personal and iPhone for work emails), just logoff 1 device and log onto the next.

How has ship's internet been recently? In the past it has been slow and unreliable.

OP: If you really need to get on the internet, make sure you also check ahead so you know where to find internet access in the ports.

How has ship's internet been recently? In the past it has been slow and unreliable.

OP: If you really need to get on the internet, make sure you also check ahead so you know where to find internet access in the ports.

The recent reports from Allure have been positive about the internet response.

Great idea as a backup (or a way for DD to iMessage her boyfriend a few times perhaps) :P. I just need to check in from time to time with my staff - however, others in the group do need something dependable. I'm hoping for dependable, and going into it assuming it won't be too speedy, hopefully that's close to what we'll get. :)

Hi there!

Thanks!

Monique

Yes, Allure is the only ship with unlimited internet. The speed is good too. The current price is $179. You can use crown and anchor discounts too :)

I have been reactivating my Boingo Mobile account when we travel. When we cruise I do a search for the ports we are going to, and save the list of hotspots as a pdf to my (now) iPad. You can filter for trusted and verified, so you don't get all the password protected and personal networks on the list.

It's a good back-up to the ship's internet.

Allure's internet on June 30 was $179. I also had a Diamond coupon for a 20% discount. I thought the internet speed was quite good and liked being able to send photos and make everyone jealous of how much fun we were having. I didn't even have to bother with the log in and out feature.

Allure's internet on June 30 was $179. I also had a Diamond coupon for a 20% discount. I thought the internet speed was quite good and liked being able to send photos and make everyone jealous of how much fun we were having. I didn't even have to bother with the log in and out feature.

I agree the speed is good on Allure. I too loved the fact I logged my phone in and never had to do it again for the whole week. I used it to do a live picture blog throughout the cruise and it worked great. :D

Bill

I'm excited - those of you that had multiple devices, how bad was the log in/out process? I have an iPad, laptop and iPhone that I might want on/off WiFi during the cruise depending on what needs to be done, and I'm betting DD will want to "borrow" some time to talk to her boyfriend.

I love the idea of being able to post some pics for family at home. :)

I'm excited - those of you that had multiple devices, how bad was the log in/out process? I have an iPad, laptop and iPhone that I might want on/off WiFi during the cruise depending on what needs to be done, and I'm betting DD will want to "borrow" some time to talk to her boyfriend.

I love the idea of being able to post some pics for family at home. :)

It's not that difficult. The small difficulty may be the login is a website, so the login can be tiny because of the screen. I don't remember logging out. Just turn off your devices' wifi accomplishes the same thing.

If she's expecting email or text chat, she'll be okay. If she's expecting skype or FaceTime, you should brace for disappointment. It's at best a "it might work" situation.

If she's expecting email or text chat, she'll be okay. If she's expecting skype or FaceTime, you should brace for disappointment. It's at best a "it might work" situation.

Thank you - I'll set the proper expectations. I think she's thinking iMessage. :)

Thank you for the answers here, you guys rock!

Sorry - one last question on this - how do I sign up? Do we have to go somewhere, or can we just open a browser and sign up that way, like in hotels?

Thanks!

You have to use one of the public guest computers first, so you can swipe your SeaPass card (so they know who to charge) and create a username and password.

My grandson had an iPad also, so he easily logged me out and back in all the time. Just needed username and password.

Sounds one lump of $179 is shareable across people in different cabins (eg us in one cabin and our kids in another), so long as you agree who is using it when.

I was on a B2B on the allure in April this year and skype (video call mode) worked every time (on a samsung galaxy S3 if that makes a difference)

You have to use one of the public guest computers first, so you can swipe your SeaPass card (so they know who to charge) and create a username and password.

If you wait until you leave port and try to load your browser on your own device it prompts you to create an account, i didn't have to use the ships computers :)

(sorry for 2 posts rather than one to answer 2 questions but i can't work out how to multi quote :D )

I was on the June 30 sailing on Allure and I can confirm the prices were $179 for unlimited, either $49.00 or $59.99 (I cannot recall which) for unlimited for 24 hours, and $29.99 for 1 hour. All of these prices are for 1 device at a time. You can use your ipad, log off, and then your friend can use his/her ipad, computer or phone, for example. The internet seemed to work pretty well all over the ship including at the pool and in cabins. I think if you have a few people and you agree to share it it would be a decent deal.

If you wait until you leave port and try to load your browser on your own device it prompts you to create an account, i didn't have to use the ships computers :)

(sorry for 2 posts rather than one to answer 2 questions but i can't work out how to multi quote :D )

Yup, same here but I did it on my android phone even before we left Ft. Lauderdale. I just enabled WiFi and select the ship when it showed up.

Archived