Balmoral Island Beach Day Carnival Sail Card???

33Minnie33

I went to Blackbeards Cay a few years ago. When I do my meditation, and the recording says "think of a beautiful beach" thais is the island I think about. The article says that Sandals get one half and Carnival gets the other, well one side faces the ocean and gets quite rough, and the other half of the island faces the land and is calm. Not sure which side Carnival gets= pictures can be deceiving. But it was lovely.

the excursion I see doesn't include lunch...it does look lovely...but hubby's

thinkin' for the price, I should book the Hilton and get a food and drink credit....

anyone know if the cabanas are an extra rental? I def need shade and umbrellas are not included.

Today when I checked my available excursions on the Conquest for the 5th of September in Nassau they had added 3 new versions of this excursion (for 4 total). a A beach day with lunch, a beach day with a sting ray encounter and a beach day with dolphin encounter. The last one did not have much detail at all. I will be checking it over the next 3 weeks to see if they add more details to that one. :)

We have just booked this Balmoral Beach Excursion for our September 23rd Ecstasy sailing. Excited to be doing something new in Nassau (Finally) and it sounds spectacular. I will take pics and promise to "Tell All" as we always do in our Cruise Critic Memoirs.

It is kind of a pricy beach day, though, at 50 bucks a pop for adults and 30 bucks for kids, but maybe they are looking for a less expensive Atlantis Alternative. PLUS, drinks and food may be on the high side too. I will let you know. Nice that you can use your S&S card.....kind of reminds me of "Mahogany Bay", the Carnival Inspired beach on the Western Itinerary.

In the article that was posted here on the board, it stated that Balmoral was also offering a "Swim with the Dolphins" program and the "Stingray Adventure" as well. Neat.

Can't wait to see the pool and wonder if they have a swim-up-bar!

Today when I checked my available excursions on the Conquest for the 5th of September in Nassau they had added 3 new versions of this excursion (for 4 total). a A beach day with lunch, a beach day with a sting ray encounter and a beach day with dolphin encounter. The last one did not have much detail at all. I will be checking it over the next 3 weeks to see if they add more details to that one. :)

I have read there is opposition including a petition to put a stop to the dolphin encounter. Let us know if you find any more details.

It finally showed up and we have booked the "deluxe" day with lunch. 10am til 2:30pm. Hopefully it's capacity controlled as both the Fantasy and the Sensation have it as an option. Will give a bit of time to shop prior to getting on ferry. Plus if the weather sucks Carnival will refund the money. Not a biggee on Carnival excursions but this look good. Guess I will know Sept 3rd...

I just read this morning that three excursions were added to our Sensation cruise. They are all on Balmoral Island. I read also you make purchases there with your sail & sign card.

We have been to Nassau so many times. I am glad that something new has been added.

FWIW, the first review has now been posted on Carnival's website -- it is quite positive.

We'd been thinking of staying onboard at Nassau but this might change our minds. Considering that transportation is included, the actual price of the "beach-day" part starts coming down a bit.

Ever since my 3rd cruise (2nd on Carnival) when I took DD and her BFF on a 4-night Fantasy cruise out of Port Canaveral, I've wanted to return to Blackbeard's Cay, but it had seemingly vanished off the planet.

I'm sailing with a couple of friends in a couple of weeks and while I almost never do ship tours, I'm going to sign up for the stingray again. The stingrays were in a little shallow cove so it was a very relaxed experience. Unfortunately, we didn't have any beach time (it was really just a stingray excursion at that time), but what I saw looked beautiful.

Wish they offered "deluxe" versions of all the permutations instead of just with the beach option. Don't get the impression from reading the description that the lunch-included version is an all-you-can-eat-and-drink thing (like an all-inclusive). Maybe just lunch and a beverage. Way back in 2004, our excursion included lunch and it was just a voucher for $x. If you wanted more, you paid for it.

There's a thread (or two) on the Bahamas board. People should check there because I'm sure there were some sailing soon who were going to report back in that thread. After all, that's where Bahamas excursion threads belong.

FWIW, the first review has now been posted on Carnival's website -- it is quite positive.

We'd been thinking of staying onboard at Nassau but this might change our minds. Considering that transportation is included, the actual price of the "beach-day" part starts coming down a bit.

Very nice review... I wonder if the bit about seeing the stingrays and "kissing" the dolphins was before those excursions were available?

Bobsfamily, I was wondering the same thing and posted a question about that to that review. I am thinking about cancelling our dolphin excursion in Freeport and booking this one instead. (its cheaper and includes the beach and a longer experience). I plan to wait though and see if anymore reviews are posted.

Sign in to Carnival website; go to manage my cruise, plan activities, then view all excursions. Click on Balmoral Beach Day and click on reviews. There is only one review.

Oh my gosh I am such a boob! Duh! Thanks so much! :o

I knew that! I just forgot. Perhaps it was a "Senior Moment". Been getting a lot of those lately.

I was thinking the review was on the Carnival Community or Funville pages on their site.

Once again, thank you so much!

Oh my gosh I am such a boob! Duh! Thanks so much! :o

I knew that! I just forgot. Perhaps it was a "Senior Moment". Been getting a lot of those lately.

I was thinking the review was on the Carnival Community or Funville pages on their site.

Once again, thank you so much!

At first thought the same but checked the excursion first...

After consulting with my sister, who's coming on my next cruise with me, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. I booked the "Beach Day Deluxe" option for us both.

Cruise isn't for 55 more days, so there should be more feedback from others before we have our chance, but I'll report back any glowing compliments or complaints. :)

Archived