Enchantment JS decision - need advice

We are booked in a JS midship on deck 8 in September and when checking out the website tonight, I see that 7166 is open (corner aft JS) - it wasn't available before. I've never had an aft balcony before but I know the balconies are bigger than the normal rooms. I checked out CC for reviews but all the comments I could find were several years old so I was wondering if anyone had recent experience with this room.

Suggestions - what would you all do, keep the midship deck 8 JS or switch to the corner aft JS on deck 7?

We sailed in 7166 a few years ago, and I can attest to the music sounds from the lounge that MM mentioned above. Whether they will bother you depends on how late you stay up. The sounds were generally over by 11pm, except for one night when they were holding the Quest game in the lounge. This lasted until almost midnight.

On the positive side, 7166 is one of the few JS staterooms on Enchantment with a walk-in closet, and it does have a huge balcony.

We have stayed in 7166 on Enchantment and loved it! Yes there was a little noise late at night but we use earplugs and it didn't really bother us. The balcony is huge (and has two loungers and two regular chairs) and the walk in closet is nice. We love the view from the aft and always get an aft if possible. Stayed in a side JS this past March on Enchantment and really missed the huge balcony (we really didn't have room for loungers and there weren't any) and the view!

Thanks everyone! It's a tough decision as I know there are pros and cons to both. We are not light sleepers so noise doesn't bother us. We also have a one year old but she goes to bed at 730 so she should be out before the music gets going and she's a sound sleeper. If she can handle our two dogs that bark at the wind, the beat of the music should be fine. Who knows, the constant hum may even help. :) I think the big balcony will be nice for her since we have to do the inflatable pool thing since she's not potty trained. I think we'll give it a whirl and see what happens. My thought is that the noise can't be worse than the banging of deck chairs we are bound to hear up on deck 8 being right below the pool.

My biggest concern was if there was a lot more movement felt back there but no seems to mention anything about that so it must not be an issue.

We found it to be more of a vibration than movement in that room. I am really prone to seasickness and did not have a problem at all. Of course I take Bonine to prevent it. Mid ship will have the least movement on the ship, forward will be the worst movement.

That balcony is going to be nice for you to sit out while your child is napping!

CruiseQueen- if you do stay in cabin #7166. Could you post some new pictures. All I've be able to find on google were some older photos. I know the size hasn't changed but with it being in dry dock this past Dec. I would like to see what updates the bathroom, carpet, couch and balcony chair have had. We will be in that cabin in Oct.

Thank You! Happy Sailing ;0)

Just off Enchantment last week where we had an aft JS but not the corner aft. We did hear and feel the bass from the music at least 2 evenings on our cruise. One evening it ended around 11:30 and the other around midnight. For us personally, the aft balcony much more than made up for the music. We had no problems at all with movement. Our room attendant was Amit and he was excellent.

The room itself was also very long with loads of storage space.

All in all, a great cruise. Hope you enjoy yours as well.

Just in 7668 2 weeks ago... h-u-g-e balcony, no movement. We never get in until about 3 AM so I can't comment on the music (there was none) Love the cabin (and stateroom attendant Amit)

Having said that, it is a long walk but we loved laying in the sun in the early morning (11:30) :)

We cruise Enchantment every 4-5 weeks (back on her 9/6 to 9/9) these are full speed ahead three day cruises, you will be tired when Monday morning comes way to early!

Archived