No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

We are sailing on the Oasis tomorrow 8/17 and have a guarantee suite. As of this posting, we still don't have a cabin assignment. I have never had this happen in the past. Is anyone else having issues? Comments? Thanks all....

Technically this is not considered as "having issues". When booking a guaranteed cabin, assignment can be anywhere between the booking date and checking in at the pier.

I would call to inquire. It will put to rest any doubts you have about your booking, even if they only tell you it hasn't been assigned yet.

That said, I would specifically ask, "Is this cruise in an oversold situation?" And get the name of the person you speak to. If it's not oversold, specifically ask if there are still unassigned suites. If it is oversold or there are no unassigned suites, you've got an entirely different problem in your hands. Just like with an airline, the first person bumped is the one without an assignment. If this is the case, immediately escalate to a senior supervisor.

I would call to inquire. It will put to rest any doubts you have about your booking, even if they only tell you it hasn't been assigned yet.

That said, I would specifically ask, "Is this cruise in an oversold situation?" And get the name of the person you speak to. If it's not oversold, specifically ask if there are still unassigned suites. If it is oversold or there are no unassigned suites, you've got an entirely different problem in your hands. Just like with an airline, the first person bumped is the one without an assignment. If this is the case, immediately escalate to a senior supervisor.

Thanks, trying that now, but seems to be to no avail. Neither TA nor cruise line seem to care or will give answers.

This has been discussed here before and to my surprise, many said they received their assignment at the pier upon check-in. I know it's cutting it close! I would be concerned too, but apparently it is "normal". I feel for ya, though.

EDITED TO ADD: is your cruise booked through a TA? Then only s/he can help you. RCI will not talk to you if you haven't booked directly with them.

This has been discussed here before and to my surprise, many said they received their assignment at the pier upon check-in. I know it's cutting it close! I would be concerned too, but apparently it is "normal". I feel for ya, though.

But now, I can't use the "Suite" check in service per RCL since I don't have a cabin. Yet another perk let go due to someones inability to service the client.

But now, I can't use the "Suite" check in service per RCL since I don't have a cabin. Yet another perk let go due to someones inability to service the client.

If you have a Suite Guarantee, then I would argue that you should be entitled to use the Suite Check in.

You will have paperwork to that effect - the pier agent will let you use the Suite Check in - just explain it to him/her. :)

If you tried and yet cannot get an answer, hang in there and hope for the best.

I hope your assignment turns out to be worth the wait.

I can only hope now! Considering I paid over double the cost of a balcony, only good luck will bless me now, LOL Thanks so much, will let you know how this turns out. But as for my TA, he will pay the price, LOL>

What does it say on your seapass? Suite Guarentee? or suite something. If so you are good for Suite checkin.

Thanks, trying that now, but seems to be to no avail. Neither TA nor cruise line seem to care or will give answers.

The TA had better well care--that's her job. Call her and DEMAND that she call RCCL and get an answer. If she refuses, first speak to her supervisor. Also call RCCL and tell them that TA is being uncooperative and you want to make sure you have a cabin. Take names! I tried to do a mock booking for your sailing for two people in ANY cabin and the web site said there was no availability. That is very concerning to me as far as your situation goes. Good luck!

I would call RCCL and get a supervisor on the line. This is unacceptable. Even with a GTY, you booked in good faith expecting the benefits that come with the category that you are paying for, and you are not receiving them.

And I'm stressing because we are on the Aug 31st sailing of Oasis & still have a JS guarantee without cabin assignment. (Even tho NO JS available)

I will be in a white straight jacket if we are not assigned on the 30th.:eek:

Bless your heart. Hope you can get something squared away today.

Technically this is not considered as "having issues". When booking a guaranteed cabin, assignment can be anywhere between the booking date and checking in at the pier.

Technically it may not be an issue to you. But what do these folks do when they check in their luggage? How do they get their bags. It appears to be an issue.

The TA had better well care--that's her job. Call her and DEMAND that she call RCCL and get an answer. If she refuses, first speak to her supervisor. Also call RCCL and tell them that TA is being uncooperative and you want to make sure you have a cabin. Take names! I tried to do a mock booking for your sailing for two people in ANY cabin and the web site said there was no availability. That is very concerning to me as far as your situation goes. Good luck!

I so appreciate all of your comments. I just spoke to my TA a few minutes ago. He is beyond himself in that I always want a suite and expect nothing less. He now has turned me over to his supervisor in whom I have not talked to yet. I have used this TA for 10 years and this is the first negative. I do expect to be treated as a valued client. Will keep you posted when I hear from his manager. As of right now, still no Suite assignment....less than 24 hours.

I so appreciate all of your comments. I just spoke to my TA a few minutes ago. He is beyond himself in that I always want a suite and expect nothing less. He now has turned me over to his supervisor in whom I have not talked to yet. I have used this TA for 10 years and this is the first negative. I do expect to be treated as a valued client. Will keep you posted when I hear from his manager. As of right now, still no Suite assignment....less than 24 hours.

The fact that he's turned you over to the supervisor instead of directly addressing the problem doesn't sit well with me. Fingers crossed.

Technically it may not be an issue to you. But what do these folks do when they check in their luggage? How do they get their bags. It appears to be an issue.

This was my thought exactly how do you route your luggage? Do you have to drag it on the ship with you? I see others have done this but I can't believe that by today they wouldn't know what your suite will be...definitely call.

Archived