First Cruise As Elite, What Do I Need To Know

hpeabody

My upcoming TA cruise on the Emerald in September will be my very first as Elite. Please give me the "Dummies" version of what I need to do/know. TIA
1. You can ask to have any or all of your mini-bar set-up exchanged for either sodas, water, more of one kind of alcohol, or the entire set-up for a coffee card.

2. When writing out a laundry slip, I just put the number of each type of item and a squiggle down the price columns. At the bottom, I write "ELITE" all across the bottom. Don't select "same day" service or you'll be charged the full cost. Elite get next day service. I also take a photo so I have a copy of what I sent. :)

3. Don't forget about the 10% off anything you buy in the shops, whether it's a t-shirt, a packet of IB, or an expensive piece of jewelry. That includes all of the sales anywhere on the ship, whether out in the Atrium, on deck or in a dining room. It doesn't include photos or other services.

4. You get priority tendering but that means you don't need a tender ticket. It doesn't mean you can go right to the front of the line. You get in line at the back. :) It's only to shore, not back to the ship.

1. You can ask to have any or all of your mini-bar set-up exchanged for either sodas, water, more of one kind of alcohol, or the entire set-up for a coffee card.

2. When writing out a laundry slip, I just put the number of each type of item and a squiggle down the price columns. At the bottom, I write "ELITE" all across the bottom. Don't select "same day" service or you'll be charged the full cost. Elite get next day service. I also take a photo so I have a copy of what I sent. :)

3. Don't forget about the 10% off anything you buy in the shops, whether it's a t-shirt, a packet of IB, or an expensive piece of jewelry. That includes all of the sales anywhere on the ship, whether out in the Atrium, on deck or in a dining room. It doesn't include photos or other services.

4. You get priority tendering but that means you don't need a tender ticket. It doesn't mean you can go right to the front of the line. You get in line at the back. :) It's only to shore, not back to the ship.

Does that include wine in the dining room?? Just wondering. I only thought it was in the shops. I am new to this.

SNIP SNIP...........

Haven't we all seen people pushing to the head of the tender line, waiving their black card, yelling "I'm Elite, I'm Elite!" :D:D:D

Does that include wine in the dining room?? Just wondering. I only thought it was in the shops. I am new to this.
No. Only the shops, as said. :) I don't think it applies to liquor bought in the shops but I've never done that.

Sorry had to ask to clarify second sentence on #3. Thank you.

Sorry had to ask to clarify second sentence on #3. Thank you.

When you buy something from a sale on the ship, including the tables in the Atrium, on deck or in the dining room, they are all "shop" items and your charge will show the name of a shop on your folio. It gets a little confusing when you look at your folio and see something bought in a shop yet you know you never went there. :)

My upcoming TA cruise on the Emerald in September will be my very first as Elite. Please give me the "Dummies" version of what I need to do/know. TIA
While all the other things already mentioned happen, we've found on several cruises that we have to remind the steward to provide the "upgraded bathroom amenities". We've gotten different selections of items, but they usually include an emery board, cotton swabs and cotton balls, shower cap, loofa.

You will also be able to use an Elite line at the Purser's desk, sometimes saving time if there is a long line.

No. Only the shops, as said. :) I don't think it applies to liquor bought in the shops but I've never done that.

We have gotten the discount for liquor in the shops. They usually will match onshore prices as well, then give you the discount. Only thing, remember the custom allowances are only 1 btl pp if you buy on the ship.

We have gotten the discount for liquor in the shops. They usually will match onshore prices as well, then give you the discount. Only thing, remember the custom allowances are only 1 btl pp if you buy on the ship.

We've come back from European cruises with 6 or 7 bottles of wine. Duty is just a buck or so, a piece.

This is verbage taken right from the Government website;

There is no federal limit on the amount of alcohol someone may import into the U.S. for personal use. Duty rates on alcoholic beverages are based on the percent of alcohol per liter in the product - not on units of packaging such as per bottle/case. Duty on wine and beer is generally low, $1-2 per liter, while fortified wines and spirits are considerably higher.

It does include duty-free liquor. :D :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

26th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

27th cruise - Caribbean Princess, 29 Mar. - 05 Apr. 2014, 7 Day, Western Caribbean, Houston Ret.

28th cruise - Regal Princess, 02 June - 19 June, 2014, Venice - Barcelona, - Venice 17 days

29th cruise - Royal Princess 19 - 29 Dec, 2014, Christmas, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

30th cruise - Royal Princess 29 Dec - 08 Jan. 2014/2015, New Years, Fort Lauderdale. Ret.

I don't think that anyone mentioned that you get a free wine tasting. Its the usual 'run of the boat kind of wines" that usually costs I think $10.

You can basically tell them when you want to depart and they will probably allow it.

And congrats on reaching Elite, the laundry though is absolute best. Im sure you will L O V E it.

Archived