Fall 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

He did kind of look like Rock Hudson! I think I like Maks better when he is in bad boy mode, I've always been attracted to bad boys!:D Me too. He looks like the Doris Day Rock Hudson, not the Dynasty one. I miss watching Maks.

You're right Jack is not the best dancer but there is something about him that makes me want him to win. He really has improved, I think the most of any of the remaining contestants.

Sherri:)

Jack won me over on Monday.

Here is a "Glamour shot" of Rock............

hudson_rock%20_color15.jpg

Hi, Lois,

My best girlfriend in grammar school's mother was absolutely in love with Rock Hudson. Her mother had her when she was only 17, so the three of us used to pour over movie magazines like we were contemporaries.

HI all, well you already know that I think Bill should have gone home weeks ago , so I won't say it again.

Did not care for Brookes dress, not a fan of Carrie Anns dress. Thought that Emma needed more clothes. And I am cheering for Jack now. Now that you mention it Maks does have a bit of a Rock Hudson look about him, and yes he was very polite , not like him at all.

See what happens next.

Cori

I know that this might sound a bit "out there", but I'm kind of hoping for Bill to win. Not because I think he's the best dancer (totally opposite, in fact), but maybe then they'd finally tweak the scoring system so that fan bases wouldn't carry so much weight.

Brilliant, Elyce! Bill seems to have a big enough fan base that even the low judges scores don't seem to matter.

Lois, I wasn't able to see your photo of Rock Hudson but I'm old enough to remember him (but young enough to not have been a fan. The Beatles and Monkeys were more my thing, lol). Maks at the judges table was the most boring I've ever seen him.

As I keep saying, the best dancer doesn't always win. In this case, perhaps we don't even want the best dancer to win (Corbin) because he's too experienced. I really like the idea of getting non-dancer "stars" and turning them into dancers. I thought that's what the show's premise was supposed to be.

Well, we'll know by next week. And then this so-so season will be over and we can look forward to 2014.

Hi Sandy, sorry you can't see the photo:(....it is coming across

just fine to me:eek:.

But if you google "Rock Hudson" you can find lots of pictures of him,

in both his younger and older years.

I am 55 so when he was really young? I was even young for those years;)

And I also love the Beatles:D and always will.

Slap me upside the head, Lois! I'm 58 going on 29. Not sure why I wasn't a Rock fan back then. I remember him very well though. Not sure why I can't see your picture - it's just a red X in a black box. That happens alot. Oh well, probably because I'm at work and should NOT be doing this! :eek:

Slap me upside the head, Lois! I'm 58 going on 29. Not sure why I wasn't a Rock fan back then. I remember him very well though. Not sure why I can't see your picture - it's just a red X in a black box. That happens alot. Oh well, probably because I'm at work and should NOT be doing this! :eek:

LOL we all had different stars we followed...even if we are in the same

"age group";)

Today is the 50th Anniversary of JFK's death......I was 5 and you

were 8.....I can remember watching the black and white tv (nobody

had a color tv back then)...I remember looking at the tv......

I still think he was one of the MOST handsome President's.....

Yeah, today is a sad day in history. After JFK, it was MLK and RFK. I remember them well. Oh, and I remember the first moon landing too, that was fun. Ah, the 60's. :(:D

The moon was the summer of 1969. I remember it well as I was on

vacation staying with friend's of the family. We were all in the den

watching it on tv together.:)

The moon was the summer of 1969. I remember it well as I was on

vacation staying with friend's of the family. We were all in the den

watching it on tv together.:)

I remember it well too; our new first baby was about two weeks old and I remember watching it and snuggling with him and DH.

I was a college freshman when JFK was shot; I lived in a room upstairs in a large house; the family who owned the house and lived on the first floor came up and got me and we watched the events unfold together.

To many people in our generation, this was a the moment when everything changed and life was no longer so simple or innocent.

I liked Brooke's dress and the green colour last night. I'd be choking on that strap right at her throat though.

Can't remember Carrie Ann's dress? Must be having short tern memory loss...

Not that it would have changed any results, but I wonder if no one told Emma that she could use more dancers in the finale if desired.

Now I just have to remember to watch tonight.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_234 using Tapatalk

I liked Brooke's dress too. I thought the colour looked good on her. Carrie Ann had on a long white dress. I liked it.

I am glad Bill went home. I really like him, and he seems like a really sweet genuine guy and he tried really hard. But in a contest about dancing it should be the best dancer that wins. And he is just not as good as the rest.

I liked Brooke's dress tonight, and Carrie Ann's. They both had some kind of stiff looking one-shoulder cap sleeve.

IMO the right one went home. I like Bill too, and he has improved, but still not the best dancer by a long shot. I can't predict who will win; Amber and especially Corbin are by far the best dancers, but they started out with a lot more experience, so I'm almost rooting for Jack. That's hard for me, as he's not the best, and I've always thought it should be about the best dancer, not the most popular; but the playing field was even less level this year than most.

I thought the dancer were amazing last night.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I absolutely loved Brook's dress last night in the finale, I am going to have to search on line for it. I wanted Jack to win, he wasn't the best dancer but he was most improved week over week, I'm disappointed.

I loved her dress, too!:D And I agree about being disappointed.:(

Sherri:)

I liked Brooke's dress except for the high neck. I'd prefer it ending at her collar bone. The striated sequin pattern was kinda cool.

Carrie Ann's dress appeared to be black lace over a white satin lining. I liked it. Nice that we got to see the whole dress with the judges dancing during the intro.

I agree with the judges that Derek and Amber's fusion dance was the best. The others were more half and half. I'm still not sure the best person won the mirror ball though. I'm conflicted this season.

I have this nagging feeling that ABC set up Corbin with all his dance training to show him off, but never meant for him to win in the end. Maybe he has a new show or something coming? That's my conspiracy theory.

I'm also still trying to figure out how much of Bill Nye the Science Guy's dance was actually him. That was really well done.

DTWS withdrawal will be starting soon for me. :(

Hope to see everyone back in the spring!

Well, America got it right this time! Amber deserved to win! It wouldn't have been fair if Corbin won...A somewhat professional dancer to start. I was also hoping Jack would come in at least 2nd....

Done for another season! Hope next time they get all non professional stars who have NO dancing experience. Let's make it a fair completion next time.

Happy and Safe Holidays to all:)

I'm happy that Amber won. Even though she has some modern dancing background, she has no ballroom background. And how could she not win with Derek as her partner. Loved their free style dance!

Loved that conspiracy theory Kerri! You may be right.

Well, See you in February. Happy holidays.

• 2 months later...