Suez Canal Cruise

amp-qld

My wife and I would like to travel along the Suez Canal but most of the cruises through it seem to be long cruises with lots of sea days. We prefer shorter cruises with few sea days. What's the shortest cruise without too many sea days that goes through the Suez Canal?

My wife and I would like to travel along the Suez Canal but most of the cruises through it seem to be long cruises with lots of sea days. We prefer shorter cruises with few sea days. What's the shortest cruise without too many sea days that goes through the Suez Canal?

The shortest I could find was a 13 day on Voyages of Discovery. There is a 14 day Azamara cruise. Voyages of Discovery, Swan Hellenic and Sea Dream do 15 days cruises.

Paul

I sure hope things settle down a little before your cruise.

Thanks.

We are hopeful. The Dawn Princess went thru the canal a week or two ago without any problems. I assume both ports in Egypt will be dropped. I feel sorry for those who have never been. We spent a week cruising the upper Nile (including Luxor & The Valley of the Kings) in 2006.

Voyages of Discovery did one last year, 13 nights including 3 days in Egypt, 2 in Israel, 1 in Cyprus, 3 in Turkey. Very enjoyable, it was. :)

Their cruises vary year to year, with few if any regular repeats, so there's no guarantee they'll do it again. The UK governemnt isn't issuing warnings about travel to Egypt yet, but the cruise lines may make their own decisions.

Thanks.

We are hopeful. The Dawn Princess went thru the canal a week or two ago without any problems. I assume both ports in Egypt will be dropped. I feel sorry for those who have never been. We spent a week cruising the upper Nile (including Luxor & The Valley of the Kings) in 2006.

Hoping all goes well. You will probably miss all Egyptian ports, but Suez Canal should still be good.

Good sailing!

No stops scheduled on the Med side of Egypt. We are schedule for Safaga and Sharm El Sheick on the Red Sea side. I am assuming both will be canceled.

Paul, the latest information from the British government about Sharm is that it is still considered safe for UK travellers, and I believe that four Thomson flights went out there on Saturday. Whether this will apply to your ship, I'm not sure, but the government map of where is considered safe included Hurgurda, just down from Safaga, and the road from Sharm to St Catherine's monastery. I'm not sure yet what Thomson cruise has decided, which stations a ship in Sharm all winter for a week's cruise round the Red Sea, but they continued more or less as usual throughout the last troubles.

It will be up to the Captain/ shipping line, I suppose. :)

Paul, the latest information from the British government about Sharm is that it is still considered safe for UK travellers, and I believe that four Thomson flights went out there on Saturday. Whether this will apply to your ship, I'm not sure, but the government map of where is considered safe included Hurgurda, just down from Safaga, and the road from Sharm to St Catherine's monastery. I'm not sure yet what Thomson cruise has decided, which stations a ship in Sharm all winter for a week's cruise round the Red Sea, but they continued more or less as usual throughout the last troubles.

It will be up to the Captain/ shipping line, I suppose. :)

Jo,

Thanks for the positive news.

Archived