Wedding Anniversary on Liberty of the Seas

Hi,

My parents are celebrating their wedding anniversary aboard Liberty of the Seas.

Anyone know what kind of "special offers" RCI provides, if any?

Thank you in advance

MK

I'm sure someone would know of special offers, but I would surprise them with the Romance Package as a gift. :)

If they mark that it's an anniversary on the RCI website for their booking, they'll get a slice of cake that says 'happy anniversary' one night in the MDR. Anything else costs money, like the romance package mentioned. :)

If they mark that it's an anniversary on the RCI website for their booking, they'll get a slice of cake that says 'happy anniversary' one night in the MDR. Anything else costs money, like the romance package mentioned. :)

Usually to get the cake, you have to tell your waiter.

If you want something "special" you'll need to order it yourself. Lots of nice options including Romance Package, champagne, fresh flowers, chocolate strawberries, etc. for a slice of cake and a tacky song, just have them advise the head waiter on the appropriate evening - although you might want to gift them with dinner at a specialty restaurant on their anniversary night.

Many, many passengers onboard are celebrating something: wedding, anniversary, birthday, graduation, retirement, family reunion, etc. RCI does nothing to recognize this because there are so many celebrations. I know they ask about it on your reservation but it is my experience that nothing special is done unless you pay for it, as others have said. You can tell your wait team and they will provide a dessert with a candle in it - but the days of free whole cakes, etc. are gone.

Many, many passengers onboard are celebrating something: wedding, anniversary, birthday, graduation, retirement, family reunion, etc. RCI does nothing to recognize this because there are so many celebrations. I know they ask about it on your reservation but it is my experience that nothing special is done unless you pay for it, as others have said. You can tell your wait team and they will provide a dessert with a candle in it - but the days of free whole cakes, etc. are gone.

The only thing we have gotten from RCI was a letter of congratulations in our cabin and offering us a 10% discount at the art auction :rolleyes: No thank you ;)

Usually to get the cake, you have to tell your waiter.

We got the cake for our honeymoon because it was marked on our account. We didn't tell the waiter, but he brought it out the first evening. I am sure others have had a different experience, though.

We celebrated our 20th anniversary on Liberty and we did not receive anything except a discount coupon for spa services. It was noted on our reservation but we were not expecting anything to be done for us. It was a wonderful cruise!

We got the cake for our honeymoon because it was marked on our account. We didn't tell the waiter, but he brought it out the first evening. I am sure others have had a different experience, though.

Ours they had a honeymooners party. They had cake, strawberries, and the awful cheap champagne. We ended up with a bottle of the awful champagne, I don't remember why. This was 2007. (The champagne is still in our wine fridge, I really should pawn it off on someone or make mimosas)

Anniversary/birthdays have been hit or miss on the signing waiters slice of cake with a candle in it with it marked on the reservation. Our last one we got it.

Our one Celebrity cruise the CC hostess gave DH a ship name magnet for his birthday. They "offer"(there was no hard sell but I got a note about contacting her for options) through the concierge to set up the whole cakes, wine, spa etc things. I did get the cake, that one was really good. If I'd thought it through I would have ordered it earlier in the cruise DH's birthday was the last night. That cake was way too much for four of us after the specialty resturant.

Thank you all for the replies! Really funny! lol

I will try to mention it on the booking, but not really how to do it. I see "No celebrations", but don't know where to add them. I'll have a more thorough look. They made it clear that dont want anything drawing attention to them, but if RCI sends us a cake, that would be fine... Just something special.

Thank you so much for your replies. Looove the RCI fellow cruisers.

...They made it clear that dont want anything drawing attention to them, but if RCI sends us a cake, that would be fine... Just something special...

They will not send you a cake - if you want your parents' anniversary to be recognized, please follow our advice and tell the wait team about it. That is the only way they will get anything, sorry. So it's up to you now. :)

Thank you all for the replies! Really funny! lol

I will try to mention it on the booking, but not really how to do it. I see "No celebrations", but don't know where to add them. I'll have a more thorough look. They made it clear that dont want anything drawing attention to them, but if RCI sends us a cake, that would be fine... Just something special.

Thank you so much for your replies. Looove the RCI fellow cruisers.

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary on board the Freedom next week. It is noted in our reservation and the rep we booked with said we will get a "special dessert" the second night of our sailing. I will let you know when we get back whether or not we actually get anything.

Hi,

My parents are celebrating their wedding anniversary aboard Liberty of the Seas.

Anyone know what kind of "special offers" RCI provides, if any?

Thank you in advance

MK

you need to book something and pay for it ahead of time. there are options like decorations( although I guess a few people are peeved that they changed from specific anniversary/wedding to a more generic celebrate love motif) or you can order a cake for the MDR or a plate of strawberries for the cabin. they also offer very nice 'romance packages' in a variety of price points/

otherwise, if mentioned to the head waiter they MIGHT get a bunch of staff coming by to sing happy anniversary with the desert they ordered.

They will not send you a cake - if you want your parents' anniversary to be recognized, please follow our advice and tell the wait team about it. That is the only way they will get anything, sorry. So it's up to you now. :)

Well, they WILL send you a cake, but you will need to order and pay for it. If you decide to do that, just tell the headwaiter when to deliver it and specify no singing.

Well, they WILL send you a cake, but you will need to order and pay for it..

Yes of course, but the way OP had worded it, she seemed to imply that she thought it would be complimentary despite many of us telling her to the contrary. I really don't know - sometimes you just assume something depending on how it is written here. :)

Yes of course, but the way OP had worded it, she seemed to imply that she thought it would be complimentary despite many of us telling her to the contrary. I really don't know - sometimes you just assume something depending on how it is written here. :)

I know - should have added a little smiley there but don't know how to do that on my phone. Yup, nothing is free anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all! Lol will definately mention to the waiter and see :)

@reallyitsmema will wait for your return, thanksss

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They absolutely do acknowledge anniversaries if they are noted on your reservation. We are just back from the Freedom and on day 2, 4 waiters including the head waiter came over to our table with a dessert with lit candles in it and sang to us. We had not said anything at all to our waiter but anniversary was noted in our booking. The dessert was just the lemon tart on the menu with candles. We were one of at least 4 couples that they sang to that night while we were in the MTD area.

We also went to Portofino later in the week and our waiter brought over a beautiful plate with Happy 25th Anniversary written in chocolate with hearts that he had colored in with mango puree. It also had a flourless chocolate cake on it with a lit candle in it.

We have pictures of the dessert in Portofino which I will post once we download the pictures, possibly tomorrow. I also have pictures of the anniversary decorations that you can order for cabins. We were very surprised to find our cabin decorated when we opened the door. My Mom had ordered them as a surprise.

They absolutely do acknowledge anniversaries if they are noted on your reservation. We are just back from the Freedom and on day 2, 4 waiters including the head waiter came over to our table with a dessert with lit candles in it and sang to us. We had not said anything at all to our waiter but anniversary was noted in our booking. The dessert was just the lemon tart on the menu with candles. We were one of at least 4 couples that they sang to that night while we were in the MTD area.

We also went to Portofino later in the week and our waiter brought over a beautiful plate with Happy 25th Anniversary written in chocolate with hearts that he had colored in with mango puree. It also had a flourless chocolate cake on it with a lit candle in it.

We have pictures of the dessert in Portofino which I will post once we download the pictures, possibly tomorrow. I also have pictures of the anniversary decorations that you can order for cabins. We were very surprised to find our cabin decorated when we opened the door. My Mom had ordered them as a surprise.

Thank youuuu @reallyitsme! Will def note on our booking and mention the waiter :)

Hope u had a wonderful time!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived