Some Constellation questions

scubamommy!

Hi we just booked a trip on Constellation in Spring 2014. We have only traveled on Carnival ( couple of times when younger) and Royal more recently so we are excited as we hear this is a nicer line. I do have some questions.

1-We are bringing our kids (9+11) for the first time and hope they have a decent time. haven't heard much about the kids programs? anybody?

2- we still like to drink and party some times, is there a "nightclub" so to say? Everything I am reading says "older crowd" we are 45 and 55 ( don't consider ourselves older, but I might be wrong) lol

3-What are the dinning options here? I keep reading about the aqua class and Blu? What is this?

We are excited because this will be our first cruise with a balcony cabin. We booked with the beverage package and are looking forward to having some FUN! Thank you for any answers you can help us with.

AQ cabins are for 2 people only. Those that have AQ dine in Blu.

To the dismay of some, they do allow children in AQ but it is still 2 passengers per cabin, one adult and and one youth.

X is a little different but a lot like all of the other cruise lines. You will find a lot of similarities as far as entertainment, dining options and etc.

X is basically no smoking.

It is not an amusement park.

There is no constant Rah, Rah, Rah

The drinks are much better than on Carnival and RCCL. You will like the bev pack. If you got the Classic thru the promo than you can upgrade to the premium for $11.50/ day pp. You can do that onboard and may be worth it depending on what you drink. There are a lot of threads discussing the differences.

You will find it to be a little quieter.

You will notice the difference when you walk on and are given a glass of welcome aboard champaign, but since you have the bev pack skip it and head to the bar in the lobby and get a good drink. Or go to the Bistro on 5. It is a dining area that cost $5, they make and serve various crepes, also includes, salad, soup, desert and is a nice place to relax and enjoy a nice served lunch. They serve drinks and you avoid the mad house in the buffet.

I am sure that the kids can find enough to have a good time. Never seen any or heard any complaining.

I am a Celebrity fan, I think their product is much nicer, esp. for adults than RCL, altho this is based on RCL sails quite a few years ago. Their new ships with all the "bells and whistles", Celebrity cannot compete with rock climbing walls and such. So your chilcren may be disappointed - I cannot speak to the children's programs. But maybe it will still be OK, depending on your children and the cruise; if most days are port days they could still be quite entertained. When our daughters were teens, we did a couple RCL sails, then switched to Celebrity and they still enjoyed themselves but they weren't really interested in meeting other teens, they kept each other company. I don't want to discourage you, see what other posters say. Myself, I'd pick X over RCL any day.

Oh as to Blu, I don't think that is on Constellation. We found the food in the MDR just fine, have never wanted to try concierge or even specialty restaurants, and we are fairly picky.

Oh as to Blu, I don't think that is on Constellation. We found the food in the MDR just fine, have never wanted to try concierge or even specialty restaurants, and we are fairly picky.

I believe BLU was added to part of the upper MDR area during the drydock this April.

Hi we just booked a trip on Constellation in Spring 2014.

1-We are bringing our kids (9+11) for the first time and hope they have a decent time. haven't heard much about the kids programs? anybody?

2- we still like to drink and party some times, is there a "nightclub" so to say? Everything I am reading says "older crowd" we are 45 and 55 ( don't consider ourselves older, but I might be wrong) lol

3-What are the dinning options here? I keep reading about the aqua class and Blu? What is this?

Did you book AQ? Blu is not an option unless you booked a suite or AQ.

Otherwise your dining options are Early, Late, or Select (you choose the time), Specialty restaurants $$$$, and buffet.

Where are the children while you are partying?

Hi we just booked a trip on Constellation in Spring 2014. We have only traveled on Carnival ( couple of times when younger) and Royal more recently so we are excited as we hear this is a nicer line. I do have some questions.

We are excited because this will be our first cruise with a balcony cabin. We booked with the beverage package and are looking forward to having some FUN! Thank you for any answers you can help us with.

Our daughter and her husband prefer Celebrity and have sailed Disney, Princess and Carnival plus the Celebrity Millennium (sister to the Connie). We had 3 children on board and they all enjoyed the Kid's program. The counselors are well trained and do stick by the rules (if there are any restrictions like dietary, they will be enforced to the letter.) They had evening programs too so Mom & Dad had some adult time. As mentioned, it's not CCL, NCL or RCI with the skating rink, surfing, water park, parades etc. Early shows may be PG but are usually acceptable to all ages.

Main dining room, the servers will be very attentive to the family especially to the kids. If your child wants Pickles as a vegetable, they will do everything to get them! You can buy a Soda Card for the children. If your beverage package is Classic it may be just fine for the adults; beers, wines, alcoholic beverages plus specialty coffee, soda, bottled water, juices, teas etc. You only can get one drink per visit to the bars per person/card. You cannot get upscale top shelf liquors; you would have to upgrade your card to Premium. You will enjoy not having to sign for every drink order. If you don't like something you ordered, just order something else: on deck, at bars, in the theater, in the dining room etc. just not in your stateroom.

We were just discussing the Lounges on my 2/3/14 Roll Call; Rendezvous and Sky Lounge should have a dance floor, Cellar Masters if for fine wines (card may not work here), Martini bar, Sunset Bar aft, and Michael's Club is for Craft beers. If the children do get a soda card, they usually can get soda on their own at any bar but it is not in a can. Often they get an insulated cup with the purchase, so it must be with them on deck.

Thanks everyone! I did some more research today and it looks like there will be plenty for them to do, most times they will be with us anyway. Please do not worry about us "partying" to much with children LOL, its just a phrase and they are top priority but we like to have some fun too.

I certainly appreciate all the answers! :)

Hi there

Hope you have a great cruise. We have found that RCCL is more of a fun cruise than Celebrity which we find a bit more formal. A staff member once told us that Celebrity keep the kids all at one end of the ship and we have never seen too many kids around the ship the way we would have done with Celebrity.

Celebrity is our favourite and we hope you enjoy it too and have lots of fun :)

Your kids will absolutely love Celebrity! My kids have cruised a lot, and Celebrity is their favorite. Enough kids on board to make it fun, but not overwhelming plus better kid/counselor ratio. The counselors have always been wonderful. My kids wanted to be in the Fun Factory every minute that it was opened.

I feel like Celebrity is very classy and laid back, with lots of time to read, drink coffee (or other), and wander. They have enrichment lectures with guest speakers that I thought was great. The live music included a capella and string trios on my cruise. The comparison someone made once that hit me was like going to a W hotel or other upscale resort. That's what I wanted in my vacation so I loved it.

I have no idea what goes on with kids clubs, but reviews are great. However, if your kids don't attend they might find the rest of the ship a little dull compared to their RCL experiences. But that's going to depend on them. I hope this is helpful.

Archived