Just off Carnival Magic - bizzare behavior or the new normal?

3 gals and a buoy

The "No Kids In The Hot Tub" rule is not just about having an adult only area. Do some research (aka Google:p) about the dangers of children in hot tubs.

• Overheating - Temps should be between 100-104. Little bodies can heat up real fast in that atmosphere. If not monitored heat stroke is a possibility.
  • Drowning - slipping in to the tub and getting hair, hand, foot caught in the intake. Yes, there are guards. No, I'm not betting a young child's life that they work 100% of the time.
  • Ear Infection - Nice warm bacteria laden water when your child dips his/her head. Great way to spend the cruise.
  • Fecal Contamination - Guess what? Swimmers keep the poop in (maybe). The bacteria can and does leach out. Kinda like a fecal tea bag.

I really love kids. I started out as a child.:p Keep 'em healthy. Keep 'm safe. Keep 'em outta the hot tub.

Charlie

When my children were small, I was much too paranoid to even consider taking a cruise. What if they climbed up the rail and fell? What if the boat started to sink and we needed to get to the life rafts and they let go of my hand....it was just too much anxiety for me.

More power to you if you aren't a stressed out fanatic like I am. :) :p

Definitely don't allow my child in the hot tub....I've seen others do this many times and I don't understand.

The "No Kids In The Hot Tub" rule is not just about having an adult only area. Do some research (aka Google:p) about the dangers of children in hot tubs.

• Overheating - Temps should be between 100-104. Little bodies can heat up real fast in that atmosphere. If not monitored heat stroke is a possibility.
  • Drowning - slipping in to the tub and getting hair, hand, foot caught in the intake. Yes, there are guards. No, I'm not betting a young child's life that they work 100% of the time.
  • Ear Infection - Nice warm bacteria laden water when your child dips his/her head. Great way to spend the cruise.
  • Fecal Contamination - Guess what? Swimmers keep the poop in (maybe). The bacteria can and does leach out. Kinda like a fecal tea bag.

I really love kids. I started out as a child.:p Keep 'em healthy. Keep 'm safe. Keep 'em outta the hot tub.

Charlie

No, I'm right there with you. Probably why I don't have a lot of fun right now when I take mine...not because I don't want him there, but because there are so many things to keep him away/out of. This trip coming up thankfully Grandma is watching him while we are gone. I will stress about that too :(:eek:

When my children were small, I was much too paranoid to even consider taking a cruise. What if they climbed up the rail and fell? What if the boat started to sink and we needed to get to the life rafts and they let go of my hand....it was just too much anxiety for me.

Not at all. But I don't have a problem telling another adult how stupid, annoying or rude they are being. It's different with someone else's child. The parent's should be addressing the issue.

Hey You :)

Man you and I would definitely be a team on a cruise ship. I have never been able to keep my big mouth shut when someone ticks me off. Otherwise I am a pretty nice guy *LOL*

I can't imagine anyone bring a very young child on a cruise period. What fun would that be? I have 2 and they will stay with the grandparents or I will stay home!

I have two kids now 18 and 15 and felt this way when they were babies and toddlers. Yes we did vacations but could not imagine putting them through this kind of experience until they could appreciate it. They were required to sit through the dining experience and dress for the occasion. I waited before taking them to Europe as well. Yes, at times I chose a trip to Mommy and Me over pulling them out of their routine. Other times we left them with grandma for a couple's vacation. Recently I left them with dh for a solo vacation. Not every trip is best for everyone everytime.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Hey You :)

Man you and I would definitely be a team on a cruise ship. I have never been able to keep my big mouth shut when someone ticks me off. Otherwise I am a pretty nice guy *LOL*

We'd be a great team, but I already knew that! Our poor spouses wouldn't know what to think LOL.

How are you? :)

I still stress. Taking kids out of their routine to see places they might have NO interest in is not always pleasurable. I can have a happy toddler going to Mommy and Me or to the park. Most other places work, more work and stress.

Ok. Seen enough of the kid rants. Man even before we decided to have kids or bring them along for their first cruise, I don't remember having such disdain for their presence when on vacation. And I'm not even really the child oriented type. Nobody should have to tolerate rude behavior but I typically see this on display much more by adults. And even that has been minimal.

Hopefully OPs next cruise will be void of the nonsense pointed out. And mine too.:) Unsubscribing....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry about your bad experience on the Magic. I was on it last year and loved everything about that cruise.

It is because of Carnival being affordable to "people that would not cruise" that I am able to take cruises. I think it's awesome that blue collar workers and rednecks like myself can afford to take fun vacations on fun ships.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but the fact is on this last cruise I had a total of $800.00 OBC due to price drops. I have never cruised with such rude and totally crude people, and yes a lot of rednecks. Carnival refused to make my cabin comfortable, I have never had to cruise in a cabin with a cabin temp of 74 degrees and be expected to sleep in that cabin. I paid for 2 cabins one balcony and one inside on the lido deck and did not think I would at least not be comfortable in my cabin. I have cruised Carnival several times and have never had such a bad experience on a cruise. Again, I apologize if I offend you with my statements but unfortunately that is now my feelings.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but the fact is on this last cruise I had a total of $800.00 OBC due to price drops. I have never cruised with such rude and totally crude people, and yes a lot of rednecks. Carnival refused to make my cabin comfortable, I have never had to cruise in a cabin with a cabin temp of 74 degrees and be expected to sleep in that cabin. I paid for 2 cabins one balcony and one inside on the lido deck and did not think I would at least not be comfortable in my cabin. I have cruised Carnival several times and have never had such a bad experience on a cruise. Again, I apologize if I offend you with my statements but unfortunately that is now my feelings.

You didn't offend me :). I'm proud of who I am, what I have and what I've accomplished in life. But not everyone that cruises because they are affordable are rude & crude people. Lots of us are just hardworking people that love to travel and cruising is a great way to see more places.

Again, I'm sorry that your cruise wasn't all you expected or wanted it to be. I hope you find a line that you love as much as I love Carnival :).

I've never seen photogs taking inappropriate pics---but I wasn't on the ship with the lady in the chain mail dress either.

I think the photogs should police themselves and from what I've seen, they do regarding poses.

On one cruise just after embarkation a bride and groom where having pics done in various places around the ship. One 20 something y/o drunk decided to tell the bride she was beautiful, he (the husband) didn't deserve her and tried to get his pic with the bride. No one said anything to him--the photog, the bride or the husband--so I told him to get the hell out of there and go sleep it off! He backed up, said "Whoa!" and wandered off. I didn't see him again.

I have never had to cruise in a cabin with a cabin temp of 74 degrees and be expected to sleep in that cabin.

74 degrees? Wow! I'd love to see your Entergy bill. But I wouldn't want to pay it. I'm usually sitting on my balcony because it's too cold in my cabin. 74 would be too cold for me.

Kinda like a fecal tea bag.

OMG! Hilarious, and accurately defined!

We have an inground fiberglass pool (that cant be fully drained due to ground water and potential heaving) and have experienced first hand "leakage" from a friend's child. Complete nightmare getting that worked out/cleaned out and chemicals back to normal.

Temp has to be on 70-72 for me to sleep comfortably. We set our thermostat on those temps at home. When we visit the inlaws I lose weight from sweating as they like the house temp at 78 degrees, winter or summer...

74 degrees? Wow! I'd love to see your Entergy bill. But I wouldn't want to pay it. I'm usually sitting on my balcony because it's too cold in my cabin. 74 would be too cold for me.

We'd be a great team, but I already knew that! Our poor spouses wouldn't know what to think LOL.

How are you? :)

I am doing good , How about yourself ?

My wife really isn't surprised by anything I do anymore. She gave up being shocked a long time ago. *LOL*

:D ^^ Above ^^

Not as bad a the people who changed their child's diaper in the middle of the MDR floor ... and the diaper was more than just wet. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

I just threw up in my mouth. I get nauseated when I have to change my own kid's poopy diapers. I can't even imagine not going into complete hysterics if I had been the one to have witnessed this type of behavior. Totally inappropriate and inconsiderate and not to mention just plain NAAASSSSTYYYYY!!!

You didn't offend me :). I'm proud of who I am, what I have and what I've accomplished in life. But not everyone that cruises because they are affordable are rude & crude people. Lots of us are just hardworking people that love to travel and cruising is a great way to see more places.

Again, I'm sorry that your cruise wasn't all you expected or wanted it to be. I hope you find a line that you love as much as I love Carnival :).

I agree with you that not all of the cruisers that are cruising because it is affordable are crude. I was just luck enough to be on a cruise that this was not the fact. I have cruised Carnival 4 other times and not had one problem. I learned a lesson not to cruise when kids are out of school. The only problem that will keep me from cruising Carnival again is the fact that my cabin was sooooo hot. I have always held special place in my heart for Carnival and I have always been their biggest cheerleader until this cruise.

I am doing good , How about yourself ?

My wife really isn't surprised by anything I do anymore. She gave up being shocked a long time ago. *LOL*

I'm good! I spent 24 days last month on one of the wildland fires here in Oregon so other than being totally exhausted, this summer has been wonderful! Spending as much time as I can with my granddaughters and now getting ready for my next cruise!

My husband is the same way, nothing I do or say surprises him anymore LOL.

OP had the (sorta?) disadvantage of cruising on other cruise lines, such as Disney prior. I know they cruised CCL too. I'm not sure what it is about the last few years, but it is getting to be more and more the norm. I know I hate generalizations and so does everyone else, but in my personal experience, I have seen some of the the rudest people on CCL (including CMs) and been utterly delighted with the incredibly nice fellow guests on DCL. I'm not saying that there aren't incredibly nice people on CCL (hi! nice people!) after all, we try to be courteous etc and have cruised CCL a lot. I'm also not saying that there aren't some real 'winners' on DCL either. But there is a difference in the atmosphere that was really tangible. And since the upsell restaurants are adults only, they would never have seen that on a Disney. They also provide free child care up to midnight, so that is probably another difference...

Welcome to the recent Carnival Cruising, OP...

I used to be a CCL cheerleader, but they lost me after the disappointing Dream. No mas...

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

I love traveling and cruising with my kids. ONLY because they KNOW they are expected to behave and know there will be consequences if they decide not to. It is frustrating seeing parents that are oblivious to their kids running around and disrupting others. RESPECT is the word. :mad: I would be mortified if my kids acted in a way that caused others to be uncomfortable or put out. I just wish all parents would respect other travelers (or patrons at a restaurant, etc). If your kids cannot behave it is best to leave them home or travel with them when they CAN behave.

I personally would not take my 4 year old to the steakhouse..he would be bored to tears and none of us would enjoy that dinner. It is hard enough in the MDR. Many nights he goes to Camp Carnival and has dinner with the other kids. On the nights he is with us at dinner we make sure to have plenty on hand to keep him occupied. My 10 year old daughter is very mature and enjoys having dinner with us. I would not hesitate taking her to the Steakhouse, she behaves better than a lot of adults I have witnessed.

It is sad that people can be so selfish these days. I will not hesitate to take my kids on cruises with us and agree with the other posters about the memories. My son's first cruise was at age 3 and he still talks about highlights from that cruise...I don't think he will be forgetting his cruise with Mickey.

As for socio-economics playing a role in the issues, there may be some truth to that however class is not determined by how much money you have. There are classless people of all incomes. I find people with smaller incomes more fun and approachable than most people with a lot of money personally.

Here's to hoping people keep it classy on our upcoming cruise in October. :( I would LOSE it if someone was changing a poopy diaper in the MDR or anywhere where food is being served!! :eek:

Edited by texasmelrose2