LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

Can't wait!!! We always pre-cruise at the Embassy in Fort Lauderdale too, always great to see it! Such happy memories associated with that hotel.

We stay at the Embassy when in Fort Lauderdale, also. We really like the hotel, it is close to some shopping, and close to the Sun Trolly. We will be there for a couple of night pre-cruise in July for our Alllure Cruise.

Hi Trainman and Judith! I'm so excited to see your LIVE review beginning, and can't wait for more. (And to see a picture of The Train Wreck!).

And I just have to say that you are a special couple- love this photo of the two of you:

DSCN3399.jpg

Bon Voyage!

Have a wonderful cruise from us both here in North Scotland - near Inverness!

We so love Fl and are heading there on 2 October to eventually sail on Allure. Before that 3 days in the Keys and 8 in villa in Naples.

Started visiting Fl 20 years ago and keep on returning. You are so lucky to have cruise ships on your doorstep!! Best wishes

Mariel

Good Morning Everyone,

It is Sunday, September 8th, Boarding Day

This morning I learned something new about my new camera, a Nikon, CoolPix, S5200, which I really have been enjoying.

The camera does not tell me that I failed to insert the Flash Card when I turn it on.

I took some great shots from the 12th floor of the hotel of the Oasis leaving port yesterday. I also took some shots of our pre cruise dinner with close to 50 people last night.

Unfortunately, with no flash card, the photos went to some unknown location and are lost for all time! SORRY

Anyway, we had a great dinner at Duffy's last night. We met a bunch of great people.

The food and companionship were good and the number of drunks cussing and swearing was way too many.

Without the photos there is not much for me to write about so I will quit for now and post again when we are on board the Allure.

Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I learned something new about my new camera, a Nikon, CoolPix, S5200, which I really have been enjoying.

The camera does not tell me that I failed to insert the Flash Card when I turn it on.

I took some great shots from the 12th floor of the hotel of the Oasis leaving port yesterday. I also took some shots of our pre cruise dinner with close to 50 people last night.

Unfortunately, with no flash card, the photos went to some unknown location and are lost for all time! SORRY

Anyway, we had a great dinner at Duffy's last night. We met a bunch of great people.

The food and companionship were good and the number of drunks cussing and swearing was way too many.

Without the photos there is not much for me to write about so I will quit for now and post again when we are on board the Allure.

That sucks. At least it was only the dinner, and not on board the ship.

Nice hotel to stay at. We were there 2 weeks ago.

Hopefully the swearing came from the locals... Not us CCers;). Duffies isn't bad either.

Andrew

Good Morning Everyone,

Tman, the specs on your camera show it having internal memory, so some pics should be there. You would have to plug your camera in to your pc to retrieve them, you will need the cord that came with the camera, or maybe borrow one from the onboard camera shop. Because you have internal memory, it will not tell you to insert the card

Internal Memory

Approx. 25MB

Good Morning Everyone,

Trainman-2

Did your camera come with some software for your computer? If so, I think you can hook up the camera to your PC and with the software, find and download your pictures. My camera has some amount of memory without the card and yours my too. It may not have kept all of them, but maybe some.

Hope you find them.

Don

Good Morning Everyone,

Jim, your camera has an internal memory with about 25MB. We had the same issue a few years back with the camera we were using at the time. Dont worry abut them now, find them when you get home!! Enjoy your cruise.

Trainman-2 -- Hopefully you have the camera's manual with you? Page 71 tells how to copy photos from internal memory to your external SD card, which you can then view. Otherwise you can connect to a laptop via USB cord and view the camera's file system and select the different files until you find the Internal storage (usually the external memory is in DCIM file).

Download the manual: https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18173/~/nikon-coolpix-s5200---reference-manual

Unless you're shooting at very low resolution and/or very low JPEG quality, I suspect not very many pictures stored in the 25MB internal memory.

Thanks for doing the live review!

Ken

Good Morning Everyone,

Oops. I hope the suggestions the others made helps.

We are having a pre M&M gathering at the Sand Bar on Deck 15, starboard side immediately after the gala mustard drill.

We will walk over to the port side and wave to the web cam from time to time from the Pool (smoking) Bar on deck 15.

We had an excellent breakfast down stairs in the hotel's Centrum and are packing up getting ready to head for the port.

I am shutting down the notebook so my next post will be from the ship.

In case you are wondering what I am going to do when we get on the ship, here is a hint from our last cruise on the Allure.

DSCN4637.jpg

T-Man and Ms J!!!!!!! I have prayed for you two this morning, so feel it! God Speed for you two!

I am so excited for you and will be following your thread this week.

It is 9:03 AM, Sunday, here in Texas, so I know you are so close to the time to board! It is getting close!

In case you are wondering what I am going to do when we get on the ship, here is a hint from our last cruise on the Allure.

DSCN4637.jpg

I do believe there are a bunch of us that would be right there with you. Have a great cruise!

Archived