Pretty clever Carnival

loveJake

So it is 19 days until sailing, all inside, oceanview and suites are available according to Carnival website. But for the balcony price they have removed every thing except Instant saver. So that means anyone with ES cannot get a price drop because we can not price match. Seems a little unfair to me.

So it is 19 days until sailing, all inside, oceanview and suites are available according to Carnival website. But for the balcony price they have removed every thing except Instant saver. So that means anyone with ES cannot get a price drop because we can not price match. Seems a little unfair to me.

Can't you match to any price for which you are eligible? In any event the ES rate is removed at a certin point (can't remember but I want to say 3 months before sailing? I am sure someone will know the exact time it is not available).

Can't you match to any price for which you are eligible? In any event the ES rate is removed at a certin point (can't remember but I want to say 3 months before sailing? I am sure someone will know the exact time it is not available).

You can't price match to Instant Saver because it's a guarantee type rate that isn't cabin category specific.

You don't have to go through the entire process of performing a "Fake" booking to see what the rate would be. If your specefic room type was sold out, your can't check your price that way anyway. Have you tried using this link to check you fare?

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#

Krunch

Please explain to me what the OP's problem is:confused:

See this is why I do not post a lot on this board, attitude. ES states that you can price match up until 3 days before your cruise for the same cabin type. So instead of listing cabin types available they lump all balcony cabins into Instant saver so no one with ES can price match. Yes I do use fare saver. And yes I know they are trying to get the rest of the cabins books, thus the Instant saver fare. And I don't have a problem because I will be on a ship soon and am happy for what I have.

loveJake, I knew what you meant in your original post and I agree. I booked ES because I enjoy "the hunt" for a bargain, so it's a bummer when they sort of pull the rug out from under us like that.

(And just remember, it's nothing personal. The internet is where people go when they run out of real-life people to snark at. :rolleyes: )

Enjoy your cruise!

See this is why I do not post a lot on this board, attitude. ES states that you can price match up until 3 days before your cruise for the same cabin type. So instead of listing cabin types available they lump all balcony cabins into Instant saver so no one with ES can price match. Yes I do use fare saver. And yes I know they are trying to get the rest of the cabins books, thus the Instant saver fare. And I don't have a problem because I will be on a ship soon and am happy for what I have.

I meant no disrespect. If i offended I apologize. With that said i still can't see why you are upset. The early saver isn't available 3 months prior to your cruise. Hence the name early.

And I don't have a problem because I will be on a ship soon and am happy for what I have.

That's the thing I've learned from multiple posters- book a room you want at a rate you're happy with, and then remember that everything beyond that is a bonus. I figure that Carnival's system is set up to try and sell individual cabins until a certain level/time, and then they go into fire sale mode.

I can sympathize with OP. It's easy to get addicted to fare watching, hoping for one more price drop. My advice is to keep watching- you might find the prices for the suites drop to where an upgrade would be worth it. And the worst outcome is you get to sail in a room you chose at a rate you were happy with. Not bad, IMHO. :)

There is no attitude on this thread, only confusion. Seems that no one understands what the problem is. As long as you know your category you can use Fare Viewer to price match. You don't have to price match to just ES fares. You can match to any that you qualify for. They do not lump all cabins into one fare. They are all by category.

I meant no disrespect. If i offended I apologize. With that said i still can't see why you are upset. The early saver isn't available 3 months prior to your cruise. Hence the name early.

I think you do not understand ES. It is available early and goes away before final payment. So I am not looking for an ES rate, any rate that is less for the same cabin qualifies for a price drop as long as you had originally booked ES when it was available. I have had 3 price drops since booking ES over 6 months ago.

I think you do not understand ES. It is available early and goes away before final payment. So I am not looking for an ES rate, any rate that is less for the same cabin qualifies for a price drop as long as you had originally booked ES when it was available. I have had 3 price drops since booking ES over 6 months ago.

But, the rate you see now is a guarantee (leftovers), the rate is not for cabin specific.

I believe what she is saying is, she is already booked Early saver, now that she is looking at prices to see if she can receive a price drop she can't because all balconies which she can price match to are now only priced though the booking of instant saver, which a ES can't price match to. I understand how you feel, but Carnival is just doing a little supply and demand pricing. It's a bummer when u want a price drop. Enjoy your cruise though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I believe that you could price match to the guarantee but then you have to give up your balcony that you chose and you get luck of the draw. That is the way it works. Nothing unfair about it. That is sales. If you want to gamble then by all means price match to Instant Saver, but then you cannot gripe if you don't like the cabin.

But, the rate you see now is a guarantee (leftovers), the rate is not for cabin specific.

The OP understands this.

Carnival can do what they're doing but as a ES booker myself I understand the OP's disappointment.

As others noted, keep watching rates, they may add a fare you can price match soon (keep fingers crossed ;))

It's entirely possible that there aren't many balconies left, so Carnival is just trying to sell the last ones at the guarantee rate.

I understand the OP's frustration, but assuming you've booked at a rate you're happy with (including the subsequent price drops), there's no need to complain. You'll be cruising in less than 20 days :D

The OP understands this.

Carnival can do what they're doing but as a ES booker myself I understand the OP's disappointment.

As others noted, keep watching rates, they may add a fare you can price match soon (keep fingers crossed ;))

Thank you, you understand completely, and no I would not give up my cabin for $60 OBC at this point.

Archived