Pretty clever Carnival

loveJake

I believe that you could price match to the guarantee but then you have to give up your balcony that you chose and you get luck of the draw. That is the way it works. Nothing unfair about it. That is sales. If you want to gamble then by all means price match to Instant Saver, but then you cannot gripe if you don't like the cabin.

They closed that loophole about a year ago so you cannot go into the gty pool if you booked ES.

Bill

So it is 19 days until sailing, all inside, oceanview and suites are available according to Carnival website. But for the balcony price they have removed every thing except Instant saver. So that means anyone with ES cannot get a price drop because we can not price match. Seems a little unfair to me.

Yes. Carnival definitely knows how to play the game to their advantage.

So it is 19 days until sailing, all inside, oceanview and suites are available according to Carnival website. But for the balcony price they have removed every thing except Instant saver. So that means anyone with ES cannot get a price drop because we can not price match. Seems a little unfair to me.

loveJake,

Keep checking. Once all 2 passenger balcony cabins are sold they'll list them as instant Saver and assign you to a higher capacity cabin. As your cruise gets closer they'll allow you to book two or three passenger in a four passenger cabin and that's when you'll get your pricematch.

Isn't this just business. If they only have a few rooms left that can easily be sold as guarantees, why would they offer any other rates that multiple ES bookings can price match to? Seems like logical business sense to me.

Yes good business sense, what about customer sense, which they are really starting to lack.

Someone just posted on the roll call board that they just know booked a guarantee balcony but the PVP told them they will probably be ugraded to a suite, real fair there also (if it happens) to everyone who booked months ago and paid more.

I love Carnival for the price paid vs value, but there comes a time where I now realize that price is not everything.

Yes good business sense, what about customer sense, which they are really starting to lack.

Someone just posted on the roll call board that they just know booked a guarantee balcony but the PVP told them they will probably be ugraded to a suite, real fair there also (if it happens) to everyone who booked months ago and paid more.

I love Carnival for the price paid vs value, but there comes a time where I now realize that price is not everything.

Isn't that the chance you take when booking guarantee? Yes they could be upgraded but more likely, someone else who booked ES could be offered an upsell and take that suite (Carnival makes more money than giving it away to a guarantee) and the guarantee would end up with their balcony. It's all business and life is not fair. If someone told you life was fair they were lying to you. Be happy with what you paid or don't purchase it, be elated when you get price drops, be jumping for joy if you get a free upgrade (which doesn't happen much any more...mostly upsells).

Isn't that the chance you take when booking guarantee? Yes they could be upgraded but more likely, someone else who booked ES could be offered an upsell and take that suite (Carnival makes more money than giving it away to a guarantee) and the guarantee would end up with their balcony. It's all business and life is not fair. If someone told you life was fair they were lying to you. Be happy with what you paid or don't purchase it, be elated when you get price drops, be jumping for joy if you get a free upgrade (which doesn't happen much any more...mostly upsells).

That is the way it works. We have a balcony booked for our October cruise and I have been offered a Jr Suite to upgrade twice. But, not worth the extra $800 or $650. Are you happy with the price you paid? If so, then what is the problem? I just don't get why you are upset? We booked ES with both of our cruises and the first time we did not get any OBC but we were happy with what we booked.

I just don't get it, you knew what the price was when you booked it, why not just wait 3 days before sailing to get what you get at the lower price?

Do you buy a new car or Iphone etc when they first come out then look for a refund at the end of the year clearance?

Will everybody please stop saying that I am upset, I am not. I have the cabin I want at a good price. I was just saying that Carnival has a way of getting around things to their benefit. I am so sorry that I up set the Carnival cheerleaders, and believe me I will never post again. So I will just grab some pop corn and wait until someone else has anything to say against Carnival.

I believe what she is saying is, she is already booked Early saver, now that she is looking at prices to see if she can receive a price drop she can't because all balconies which she can price match to are now only priced though the booking of instant saver, which a ES can't price match to. I understand how you feel, but Carnival is just doing a little supply and demand pricing. It's a bummer when u want a price drop. Enjoy your cruise though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well thanks for that clarification, because I admit I was looking at my laptop sideways trying to figure out the problem. lol. In any case, the other cabins may come back. Or maybe they are really just sold out. OP said he/she has gotten some price drops so be happy with those. At any given time a certain rate will disappear. Past guest rate comes and go all of the time, for example.

I wonder what you mean by that?

Post #5 & 11 might have something to do with it but I don't think it's comprehension. Just a misunderstanding on that posters part.

I know i have been in their shoes more than a few times myself.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Will everybody please stop saying that I am upset, I am not. I have the cabin I want at a good price. I was just saying that Carnival has a way of getting around things to their benefit. I am so sorry that I up set the Carnival cheerleaders, and believe me I will never post again. So I will just grab some pop corn and wait until someone else has anything to say against Carnival.

Jake, I understand exactly what you are saying. I know you are not upset, and that you are happy with your cabin. Just don't pay attention to people that try to stir the pot.... and certainly don't stop posting.. not everyone will give replies like some you have gotten.. and yes there are many that will... but this board is for everyone. We all have our opinions... if you feel someone is nitpicking at you... just don't reply to those posts... don't let anyone drive you away from a message board that is very useful and helpful...:rolleyes:

Jake, I understand exactly what you are saying. I know you are not upset, and that you are happy with your cabin. Just don't pay attention to people that try to stir the pot.... and certainly don't stop posting.. not everyone will give replies like some you have gotten.. and yes there are many that will... but this board is for everyone. We all have our opinions... if you feel someone is nitpicking at you... just don't reply to those posts... don't let anyone drive you away from a message board that is very useful and helpful...:rolleyes:

Well said Cruzn buckeye. I understand what op was saying from the first post. Some people need to read better before responding.

If something wasn't upsetting you, why did you post what you did? You got price reductions, and of course hoped for more. Are you sure they took away your options? Perhaps your category was sold out, so a reduction wouldn't be given anyway. Carnival's goal is fill cabins, not just keep reducing. If they kept reducing, yes you'd benefit, but Carnival would still be stuck with those oddball cabins unfilled.

Well said Cruzn buckeye. I understand what op was saying from the first post. Some people need to read better before responding.

The problem is that some of those people read it right, and know exactly what he said and meant. But they like getting to people. Those posts need to be ignored . :)

Archived