Favorite Food/Dishes That Should Not Be Missed

danny8826

The blueberry-peach crumble for dessert on the first night was very good:

RCCLCruise065.jpg

And if you have a chance, definitely try lunch in the MDR - the tutti salad bar has just about everything you could want including large, ready-to-eat shrimp, 4-5 kinds of cheese to add to your salad and everything else you could ever want for a great, hearty mixed salad.

Plus, they have some very good desserts for lunch in the MDR as well.

Here is a link to the new menus. Should give you a good idea of what is available. Arancini were excellent. Escargot are currently unavailable due to a worldwide shortage.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

I can not open this link. :confused: Is there another link to where I can see the new menus? Or could you post the menus?

I can not open this link. :confused: Is there another link to where I can see the new menus? Or could you post the menus?

The link is from the US website. Maybe you can get to it from the UK site.

On the front page of the cruiseline's website down the bottom, there is a link to press center. Click press center then press kits then culinary press kits. There are then three PDF's there, Chefs at Sea, Specialty Dining Menus and Main Dining Room Menu.

This is a link directly to the PDF for the main dining room menus.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

I quite possibly book Royal cruises just for the savory bites. I'm not sure what it is about these glorified little pieces of bread, but a schmear of butter and I am I love.

I tried the Vidalia tart on my last cruise, and could not figure out what people love so much about it.

I love dessert, but I also love to bake so perhaps my standards are high. I rarely take more than a bite or two out of most cruise-line desserts - but they two that I devour are the key lime pie and the crème brulee.

My fave is the raisin bread(sort of like Jewish Challah) that is served in the WJ and MDR at breakfast. The quality I have found varies some from ship to ship, but it is all delicious especially with a little butter!!:D

Guest maddycat
The blueberry-peach crumble for dessert on the first night was very good:

RCCLCruise065.jpg

And if you have a chance, definitely try lunch in the MDR - the tutti salad bar has just about everything you could want including large, ready-to-eat shrimp, 4-5 kinds of cheese to add to your salad and everything else you could ever want for a great, hearty mixed salad.

Plus, they have some very good desserts for lunch in the MDR as well.

On our last Explorer cruise in May the shrimp were very small. I really missed the large shrimp. The tutti salad was still great but the large shrimp would have made it even better.

When they bring around the bread basket be sure to try the savory bites--they are Ping-Pong ball sized rolls covered in poppy seeds. By the second night, my servers know to keep them on my bread plate.

The fruit soups are amazing--the peach is my favorite. The mushroom soup is also awesome.

My favorite appetizer is escargots bourguignonne; I used to always get the scallop risotto, but it is not offered any more.

So many good things, so little time...

Barb

I LOVE the savory bites! My absolute favorite!

Escargot is available every night but on our last cruise there were no escargot available for the entire cruise. The Oasis did serve something else in the escargot garlic butter sauce.

Escargot wasn't available on my last cruise in January either. They kept putting them on the electronic menu and it drove me crazy, since it is my favorite app. I asked to speak with the chef and asked him to substitute mushrooms in the escargot dishes with the usual garlic butter (I have always thought escargot was similar to a chewy mushroom). It was a big hit an they brought my table way more than we could possibly eat. I really hope they have escargot on my next cruise in November. If not, I will request to talk to the chef again. Some nights, I would be happy with extra escargot and a good salad (with bread to dip in the garlic butter). All this talk about escargot makes me want cruise time to come quicker.

Mmmmmm...escargot!

Archived