Alaskan Rhapsody Aug 23rd-30th Photo Trip Report

Sinppu

Hi Sinppu,

Wow! What a gem!

I just read the entire review in one sitting! I LOVED it! Thank you so much! ....and I just can't wait to read all of your other reviews as well --- sigh, I guess I won't get anything done around here for the next couple of days -- I'll be too busy reading.

Thank you again!

Stef

You are welcome! I just came back from Berlin :)

We took that cruise a couple of years back your pictures brought back memories. Thank you for sharing your review.:)

You are also welcome. Glad I could be of service :D

What ship in April. We will be doing B2B on Allure in April.

Gary

Garyyy!!! My favourite Big Islander!! :D

The Navigator is our next ship.

Allure is SOOOO great!!

Sinny,

I don't know how I missed this review till now, but thank you for all the work you did to put this together. Your pictures are amazing. Living in Seattle, one of these days we will have to do an Alaska cruise. One of these days... :D

Bill

Hey Bill! I'm glad you liked it, I've read a few of yours too!

Seattle is pretty convenient ;)

Thanks for a very funny and entertaining review, read it tonight in one go! We are visiting Alaska next year and I really can't wait! We are in an inside cabin as well, the flights from Australia cost too much to then try and add on a balcony. Plus I have booked some cool flight seeing excursions, so using my holiday budget for new experiences rather than a room with a view.

We sailed twice on Rhapsody before she was refurbished, and really liked the ship.

It is always fun cruising with friends you bring along or friends you make on board, you guys look like you had a blast!

We spent Christmas in Finland a few years ago, in Levi, it was beautiful.

Thanks for a very funny and entertaining review, read it tonight in one go! We are visiting Alaska next year and I really can't wait! We are in an inside cabin as well, the flights from Australia cost too much to then try and add on a balcony. Plus I have booked some cool flight seeing excursions, so using my holiday budget for new experiences rather than a room with a view.

We sailed twice on Rhapsody before she was refurbished, and really liked the ship.

It is always fun cruising with friends you bring along or friends you make on board, you guys look like you had a blast!

We spent Christmas in Finland a few years ago, in Levi, it was beautiful.

Hi!

You are welcome.

We still have the whole of Oceania on our to-do list... I refuse to go on a short trip, there is too much to see.

Maybe a few B2B cruises would be in order :D

Levi is a great place to spend Christmas, I'm sure. Glad you liked it!

Sinny,

Thank you for a great photo cruise review. Outstanding reporting and pics. Especially good for us as we sail Rhapsody from Seattle this coming May. We became friendly over the years with a lot of the staff on the many ships we have sailed. Would you happen to have that one page they give you that has the staff officers and their photos and a brief biography? Would be great to sea who is on board Rhapsody. Have a good feeling that we know a few of them.

If you can post it here fine. OR, if easier, send to pumbaamd AT msn dot com.

Thanks again for the time and effort you put in to that excellent report.

Rick and Deirdra

Sinny,

Thank you for a great photo cruise review. Outstanding reporting and pics. Especially good for us as we sail Rhapsody from Seattle this coming May. We became friendly over the years with a lot of the staff on the many ships we have sailed. Would you happen to have that one page they give you that has the staff officers and their photos and a brief biography? Would be great to sea who is on board Rhapsody. Have a good feeling that we know a few of them.

If you can post it here fine. OR, if easier, send to pumbaamd AT msn dot com.

Thanks again for the time and effort you put in to that excellent report.

Rick and Deirdra

Sinppu,

Excellent pictures! Thank you.

Hello to both and thanks for your kind words.

I'll look for the crew sheet, but I might have misplaced it already. I'll email it to you if I can find it, Pumbaamd. ;)

• 4 months later...
Again you're welcome!

I'm glad you've found them all so entertaining ;);):cool:

loved it! Great review , photos , and amazing senses of humor.

We did Celebrity 2 wks. after u and your photos brought back great memories.

We are looking to get cruise Alaska again in 2015!

loved it! Great review , photos , and amazing senses of humor.

We did Celebrity 2 wks. after u and your photos brought back great memories.

We are looking to get cruise Alaska again in 2015!

Alaska was great, wasn't it? I'm SOO glad we did it, our friends got just as hooked...one of them is going on the Oasis this Saturday :D:D

Loved your info and pics about the Alaskan cruise! We're going in July on the Rhapsody and it was so helpful to see the excursions that you did, especially as you chose the ones I've been contemplating. Thanks so much for the time and effort all the information took you to post - it's very appreciated!

You are both more than welcome. Reviews are so rewarding to write, especially when you get to help others. Happy me!!

Sinny,

Great review and thanks for sharing. BTW, very nice pictures. Great job.

Thanks.

Loved your info and pics about the Alaskan cruise! We're going in July on the Rhapsody and it was so helpful to see the excursions that you did, especially as you chose the ones I've been contemplating. Thanks so much for the time and effort all the information took you to post - it's very appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

This was an awesome thread. :cool:

A bit discouraged that Iceland was a bit better for scenery. We were just there this past fall and know it will be a hard act to follow. Despite Iceland being one of the most expensive places on the planet, we did it for far cheaper than this cruise...so...oh well. Perhaps the rivers of booze will make up for it.

We'll be trying to drag the average age of the cruise down. 6 adults in our early 30s and one school aged kid.

Edited by Hekla

Sinny-- your posts are wonderful.

This was an awesome thread. :cool:

A bit discouraged that Iceland was a bit better for scenery. We were just there this past fall and know it will be a hard act to follow. Despite Iceland being one of the most expensive places on the planet, we did it for far cheaper than this cruise...so...oh well. Perhaps the rivers of booze will make up for it.

We'll be trying to drag the average age of the cruise down. 6 adults in our early 30s and one school aged kid.

Thank you both :)

Iceland is indeed a tough one to live up to, but that's how you should take it: It can't be beaten ;)

We didn't feel out of place or particularly young on this cruise... we had a great time.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Sinny,

This is my favourite of your reviews so far, Looking forward to your report on Indy!

Thanks Joe12!!

Happyyyyy to hear you liked it :)

Looking forward to Indy.... report coming in Mid-July!!

Amazing review.Would love to do Alaska one day.I'm on Indy this October for 11 nights.Counting down already.

Hey there!!

Thank you for your nice words, gope I can be of help with my Indy review too! :)

Some people actually told me here on CC that it's worth ZERO to go on an Alaska cruise, if you don't have a balcony.

A little late posting in replying, but let me say that we had an inside room and were happy with it. It was cold and rainy most of the time in Alaska, so we wouldn't have been on the balcony anyway. We just went up to the pool level and sat near the windows. That way we could switch sides to wherever the best view was.