My new favorite line....

corpkid

I'm going to write a full review here in a few days, but just wanted to say this was our, hands down, favorite cruise line. We are new O cruisers (we've sailed the gamut - Carnival to Cunard to Azamara) and after reading all the reviews on here we took the plunge with O. Yes, it is not cheap, but what you do get is quality and the value is there. Only downsides were the shore excursion costs, though via the roll calls, you can manage a smaller group for better prices, more tailored. So no fault there. We did one culinary excursion via O and it was amazing - but the rest was private. It's on you. Also the FOOD! Delish - and all around. And the ship (Marina) was just as tasteful as could be and we slept like babies - and the bathrooms are actually quite spacious (again, Marina). The patrons - uniformly delightful, in their own ways. Made so many friends. Baristas near the library was just about heaven to us. Awesome coffee drinks (no charge) plus a fun group made for some good afternoons of "trying to read" spent more laughing. THEN - if you wanted to stay up later, the Martini bar was certainly a hoot. So many stories from that bar very late but I'll keep them to myself. And finally - the staff. Just perfect - had us on a first name basis by hour 1 and we could not even think of a single mis-step sans our dear (and funny) waiter trying to pour wine in very rough seas. We got a good laugh out of the 2 minute pour attempt as did he. But it was FUN.

We have already booked 2 more cruises on O - all on Marina. British Isles next July and Australia and NZ Feb 2015. That should stand as a testament to our pleasure with O. Thanks all involved...

EDIT: 7009 or 7008 are awesome B3 rooms. I'm probably ruining this for myself but we are already booked into 7009 for the next two cruises. And ask for a lounger or two - guess what - our attendant had that, plus double ice (per request), plus our mixer choices (per request) AND our champagne on ice. We brought all that hooch on ourselves, to boot and nobody batted an eyelash. Quality.....

Edited by corpkid

I have a booking on Marina for the 2014 westbound TA. Looking forward to that cruise with great anticipation as it is my first experience with O. Please let us know when your cruise review is posted. Maybe you can post a link here to the review.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Edited by vulcan1971

I have a booking on Marina for the 2014 westbound TA. Looking forward to that cruise with great anticipation as it is my first experience with O. Please let us know when your cruise review is posted. Maybe you can post a link here to the review.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

You got it. Trust me I've sailed almost every line except some of the very premium lines and you won't be disappointed. If something is not right, just mention it and they will fix/amend it. The ship is great.

We fly out on Wednesday to join Marina in Southampton on Friday for our first O cruise. Like you, we've sailed many, many times on many other lines. We are very excited to experience the cruise you describe! :D

Not to be missed is the (decadent) milkshakes from the pool bar or the ice cream. Yeah - Ice Cream/whatever but I swear it was so good. Also do the La Reserve dinner if you can. What a night that was! Just be ready to drink a LOT of wine. It was so obvious all 24 of us were um... "enjoying" ourselves by glass 3 of 8. Belly laughs abound and you could notice the volume of the group going up and up. Oh and the food was something else, too. :) HAVE FUN - I hope you love it as much as we did!

Not to be missed is the (decadent) milkshakes from the pool bar or the ice cream. Yeah - Ice Cream/whatever but I swear it was so good. Also do the La Reserve dinner if you can. What a night that was! Just be ready to drink a LOT of wine. It was so obvious all 24 of us were um... "enjoying" ourselves by glass 3 of 8. Belly laughs abound and you could notice the volume of the group going up and up. Oh and the food was something else, too. :) HAVE FUN - I hope you love it as much as we did!

I hope so, too!

We are booked in La Reserve and will try to "enjoy" the wine as much as you did.

I'll be sure to try the milkshakes and the ice cream. :)

(I think we hail from the same city. Orlando)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm going to write a full review here in a few days, but just wanted to say this was our, hands down, favorite cruise line. We are new O cruisers (we've sailed the gamut - Carnival to Cunard to Azamara) and after reading all the reviews on here we took the plunge with O. Yes, it is not cheap, but what you do get is quality and the value is there. Only downsides were the shore excursion costs, though via the roll calls, you can manage a smaller group for better prices, more tailored. So no fault there. We did one culinary excursion via O and it was amazing - but the rest was private. It's on you. Also the FOOD! Delish - and all around. And the ship (Marina) was just as tasteful as could be and we slept like babies - and the bathrooms are actually quite spacious (again, Marina). The patrons - uniformly delightful, in their own ways. Made so many friends. Baristas near the library was just about heaven to us. Awesome coffee drinks (no charge) plus a fun group made for some good afternoons of "trying to read" spent more laughing. THEN - if you wanted to stay up later, the Martini bar was certainly a hoot. So many stories from that bar very late but I'll keep them to myself. And finally - the staff. Just perfect - had us on a first name basis by hour 1 and we could not even think of a single mis-step sans our dear (and funny) waiter trying to pour wine in very rough seas. We got a good laugh out of the 2 minute pour attempt as did he. But it was FUN.

We have already booked 2 more cruises on O - all on Marina. British Isles next July and Australia and NZ Feb 2015. That should stand as a testament to our pleasure with O. Thanks all involved...

EDIT: 7009 or 7008 are awesome B3 rooms. I'm probably ruining this for myself but we are already booked into 7009 for the next two cruises. And ask for a lounger or two - guess what - our attendant had that, plus double ice (per request), plus our mixer choices (per request) AND our champagne on ice. We brought all that hooch on ourselves, to boot and nobody batted an eyelash. Quality.....

Please...keep it quiet!!! :cool: LuAnn

I am in love with you two...and so are "we" DH. You have the right attitude and get up and go! So glad to hear you went to Moscow. Really something. You have the right attitude and the right amount of get up and go! Hope we meet sometime! There is so much to see and so much to see out of eyes that appreciate and are not critical. High five!!!

Carole

Loved your review. So happy you found O to be a good fit (I didn't doubt it for a minute!) So refreshing to read a review about relevant & practical info... I will follow your posts for your upcoming adventures! Will be on a similar itinerary after our FPolynesia cruise .

Thanks both of you! Carol - keep cruising O and I pretty much assure you we will meet as we are stacking the calendar. Thanks so much for your kind words. :)

I ran out of steam / time to document Copenhagen but it was also wonderful and 4 more days of great weather. We really lucked out on this one with only one day of rain in Germany. Hope to bring the sunshine from Florida to the British Isles again next July. :)

Canuck, Please tell me more about the French Polynesia, if you would't mind. I'm desperately trying to get the DH to go there as it looks absolutely amazing. We generally have a rule "no tropical locales" for long hauls since we live here in Florida and hit the islands and Mexico quite frequently (a bonus of living in the "weirdest" state). But I think this would be worth doing.

Thanks again - and this could be the friendliest sub-board on the site. Go back to the "ask a cruise question" area and watch the war. :)

That is exactly how I felt reading it :D

But remember Lyn, we too were young(er) once and could do it as well :)

My husband is 72 and I'm 36. I am keeping him young is all I can figure out - the guy won't age! He gets on the super crowded rush hour Moscow subway and starts directing people from our group how to get on (it was literally packed), as an example. I married up. :) Full head on those shoulders. ;) You REALLY must meet him - nothing but awesome. Sweet, southern, and just has a great prospect on life.

Edited by corpkid

Hey corpkid, great review--detailed and very well written, thanks. I'm about to try O for the first time next month and hope to be wowed like you two.

As for French Polynesia, make sure to take a look at the Paul Gauguin before you ever make a decision about it. It's a very small ship, intimate and fun, and designed for those islands. I know Oceania does do FP now, but I wouldn't do any other ship than the PG.