Carnival Results and share price

simonpjd

I see Carnival have announced they expect to make a loss in Q4 2013 against market expectations. They hope to return to profitable trading in Q2 2014.

The share price has dropped over 7% today and over 15% in the last couple of weeks. So I would recommend a BUY of 100 shares if you do not already hold them.

For around £2100 you will get a divi of around £30 a year. Plus the perk of extra OBC every time you cruise. Not to be sneezed at - a 14 day cruise will give you an extra £150 OBC. So if you are a regular cruiser with any of the Carnival brands this is a very good deal.

And I would expect the shares to bounce back as the economy recovers. Just hope they can avoid more bad press which has hit them hard this last couple of years.

How does one go about buying these shares....do you need to buy 100 to receive the "perks"?

Buying 100 shares gets you the shareholder benefits, for example £150 per 14 night cruise. You also get the share dividends.

email shareholderbenefits at carnivalgroup dot com for details.

The shares are around £21 each this morning. You need 100 to get the shareholder benefits.

Here is the link

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

So you will need to spend c£2100 to get enough.

But if you were to do two 14 day cruises that would give you £300 OBC - a return of c14% tax free. I suggest you would struggle to match that at your local building society.

All the high street banks have share dealing facilities. I use the Halifax Sharedealing system and do it all on-line. Very simple.

Please remember that shares can go down in value as well as up.

Knowing Carnival's love of terms and conditions (usually for our 'comfort and convenience':D), are there any restrictions on the OBC. For example, is it only available on Vantage fares, or are Getaways included?

Annie

just cruises, no distinction between fares or booking criteria etc.

One credit per cabin though.

The credit is added to any you might already have. My 12 nighter on Ventura gives me an additional £60 on top of the £250 I already have:D

It is a real no brainer. I get the equivalent of over 20% interest tax free plus the dividends.

I see Carnival have announced they expect to make a loss in Q4 2013 against market expectations. They hope to return to profitable trading in Q2 2014.

The share price has dropped over 7% today and over 15% in the last couple of weeks. So I would recommend a BUY of 100 shares if you do not already hold them.

Registered Financial Advisor? Advising on investments is a 'regulated activity'.

No warning that the shares may fall further? You'll reimburse people if they do?

No doubt a well-intentioned post, but a few years ago people were advocating buying BlackBerry shares!

My second post included a price warning.

I bought another 100 yesterday at £21.01 and have fallen more today. But I am obviously hoping that in the long run they will appreciate. Meanwhile the extra OBC makes them a worthwhile purchase for any regular Carnival cruiser. As another poster has said - it is a bit of a no brainer.

Didn't there used to be some rule that you had to apply 14 days before or something?

Correct.

That's why I booked our cruise and bought 100 shares a fortnight ago for our cruise leaving next Tuesday. With today's share price it means I've lost £300 to get the £150 OBC. Plus it meant I couldn't wait until the very last moment to book so with the Getaway price coming down another £200 per person in the last week it has now cost a total of £700 for the £150 OBC.:mad:

Knowing Carnival's love of terms and conditions (usually for our 'comfort and convenience':D), are there any restrictions on the OBC. For example, is it only available on Vantage fares, or are Getaways included?

Annie

We laid out £2257 in September last year for our 100 shares, and have had, a 12 nights cruise plus a 21 night cruise with P&O.

The on-board credits for less than 14 nights is £50, and more than 14 nights is £125. This is purely for having bought the shares. There may be an offer on your cruise of on board credit that is given by the travel agents, as an additional incentive. We purchased our shares from Hargreaves Lyingdown, and upon instruction from yourself, will send an email to P&O,indicating that you qualify for the on-board credit.

We have also received dividends over the last year of approximately £80, and look forward to receiving two more lots of on board credit this side of Christmas.

The onboard credit is given on the Advantage and Getaway fairs equally.

P&O need to be advised, a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing.

Liz.

We laid out £2257 in September last year for our 100 shares, and have had, a 12 nights cruise plus a 21 night cruise with P&O.

The on-board credits for less than 14 nights is £50, and more than 14 nights is £125. This is purely for having bought the shares. There may be an offer on your cruise of on board credit that is given by the travel agents, as an additional incentive. We purchased our shares from Hargreaves Lyingdown, and upon instruction from yourself, will send an email to P&O,indicating that you qualify for the on-board credit.

We have also received dividends over the last year of approximately £80, and look forward to receiving two more lots of on board credit this side of Christmas.

The onboard credit is given on the Advantage and Getaway fairs equally.

P&O need to be advised, a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing.

Liz.

Sorry what do you have to tell/advise P and O 14 days prior to sailing?

For P&O the contact address is shareholderbenefits at carnivalukgroup dot com

they will give you all the details but basically you need 100 shares and claim your benefit after final payment but at least 2 weeks before sailing.

You need proof of ownership and as my shares are held in proxy i just include a copy of the appropriate page from my brokerage account.

Current benefits are;

£30 for less than 7 days

£60 for less than 14 days

£150 for 14 or more days

as a single cruiser would i benefit the same way .... £150 for 14 or more days ?

The benefit is credited to the account of the shareholder so it does not matter whether you are travelling alone or with others. The only restriction is that you can only have one benefit per cabin so there is no advantage in a couple each having shares.

Full details here.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTc1NDY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Note that qualification is based on days. 14 days is 13 nights.

Note also the benefits for dollar based ships, like Cunard and Princess, the equivalent amounts are

$250

$100

$50

Brian

as a single cruiser would i benefit the same way .... £150 for 14 or more days ?

Yes, you benefit exactly the same, the shareholder benefit applies to the cabin - not per person. So we only have one holding of 100 shares in my husbands name. If we could have it for both of us and get the same perk we would do. We have more than had our money back over the last few years. We always tell people on board about it, not many people are aware and to be honest if you can afford to spend approx £2100- then go for it

;)

Archived