Guy Fieri's Bugers

rockon391

This past April we got to experience Guy's Burger Joint on the Liberty. I am a hot dog kind of gal. Never really liked hamburgers. That is until I had one of the Guy's burgers. I loved it. I had one every day for lunch (which might account for the 4 lb. weight gain I had, lol). We want to book again but are trying to find a ship that has the burger joint. We give them a 10.

I am an RC cruiser but some of the food options offered by Carnival look cool.

For those that have had a burger from the Guy Fieri place, can you tell me how they are? Is this somewhere you might eat from more than once on a 7 day cruise? Let me know 1-10!

Most cruise hamburgers are....different than in the USA. Why? I am not sure...but they taste different and the texture is different...so I never eat burgers on RC cruise ships.

On the Breeze, they are by the entrance to the Lido Market Place restaurant. The Buffet. I had one and it was good. It was not a Whopper by Burger King which is my personal preference for a delicious burger, but it was good.

the meat was well done. The condiments and relishes were good...plenty of lettuce..tomatoes..pickles. The French Fries were delicious!!!! it is open until six I think.

Guy's burgers are a gray, greasy over-salted piece of grade Z meat. I especially loved the hint of rancid grease from the improperly cleaned grill. One bite and it went in the trash. (Same thing after one bite of the pizza, but that is a different topic).

Totally not true. A smear. An Untruth. The Pizza..and I am a Pizza fan..eat it whenever and where ever I can..........was EXCELLENT. Thin crust. Baked for you or slices ready to go. I had the Pepperoni and it was delicious. Really, really good. Better than Pizza Hut or Papa Johns and Itialian restaurants around here. I salute them.

Guy's burgers are a gray, greasy over-salted piece of grade Z meat. I especially loved the hint of rancid grease from the improperly cleaned grill. One bite and it went in the trash. (Same thing after one bite of the pizza, but that is a different topic).

I don't care for Guy's but, I don't just make things up. None of these things, aside from the grease, are true.

I am an RC cruiser but some of the food options offered by Carnival look cool.

For those that have had a burger from the Guy Fieri place, can you tell me how they are? Is this somewhere you might eat from more than once on a 7 day cruise? Let me know 1-10!

Most cruise hamburgers are....different than in the USA. Why? I am not sure...but they taste different and the texture is different...so I never eat burgers on RC cruise ships.

They are very good & so is the pizza. I give them both a 10. :D

On the Breeze, they are by the entrance to the Lido Market Place restaurant. The Buffet. I had one and it was good. It was not a Whopper by Burger King which is my personal preference for a delicious burger, but it was good.

the meat was well done. The condiments and relishes were good...plenty of lettuce..tomatoes..pickles. The French Fries were delicious!!!! it is open until six I think.

While BK is not my FAVORITE, they're not bad. Def not as good as Freddy's, Steak n Shake, Culver's, Five Guys or SmashBurger. If you have any of those chains around, would recommend giving them a try too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also had them 2 weeks ago on the Glory. Personally, I found them nothing to write home about. I prefer the burgers made at our local hometown tavern. But they're not Bad. I surprisingly really enjoyed the fries, though. The side bar with all the "fixin's" was fabulous. The fried onions and mushrooms were great! I stopped by to get some of those when I got my burrito, which was very good, IMHO.

I had Guy's burgers twice on my cruise last year. I'd give them an 8.5 when comparing them to a burger you pay $8 or $9 for (like at The Vortex here in Atlanta)....

.....but a solid 10 when you consider that they're included in your cruise fare with no separate charge, they're open from noon 'til 6pm, there's seldom if ever a line (they sling 'em out FAST), and there's an excellent fixin's bar to dress it up.

Oh, and the fries are great!

The absence of a Guy's on the Victory wasn't a deal-breaker for our upcoming cruise....but I really wish it was on there. No Mongolian Wok, either. :(

I had Guy's burgers twice on my cruise last year. I'd give them an 8.5 when comparing them to a burger you pay $8 or $9 for (like at The Vortex here in Atlanta)....

Never had Vortex but, Farm Burger and Flip Burger are hands down better regardless of what you're paying.

Never had Vortex but, Farm Burger and Flip Burger are hands down better regardless of what you're paying.

Cool, thanks for the one-sided opinion...for the second time, too!

Brick Store (in Decatur) probably beats 'em all, but I used Vortex as an example because they're better-known and were featured on Guy "Ferry"'s show. But you don't like Guy Fieri, so nevermind.

Now that I think of it.......there was no line at the Guy's burger stand. They do move fast. I always got the pizza already sliced at the Pirates Pizza so never had much of a wait. Those who order a pizza done like they want..wait the ordinary pizza time. .. 10-12 minutes, give or take a few minutes. They looked really good.

The Blue Iguana did not have hard tacos. So I didn't eat there either. We always played Trivia on Sea Days so we did not go up until about half past one or so. The line at the Mongolian Wok......bad. I never made that one. other than that...even on the Chocolate buffet...not bad lines. I wondered in to that one....then carried my plate back to Trivia where My DH ( who is thin and avoids sweet) ate every crumb. Irritating.) I wish I had marked it in my Fun Times. It was on the last day. they had a chocolate fruitcake..sounds awful...really good with fudge sauce on top. It was nice.

Never made the BBQ. We are southern. The take out window of our favorite BBQ place...Bono's...knows us well. So......you cannot improve on the perfect. And there were so many other venues of food.

ONE NEW nice eating option...The Taste Bar at the Ocean Plaza. Granted we only ate Breakfast there once, but it was nice. Not crowded. Perhaps four groups. Menu...pastries. fruit. Boiled eggs. grits. Toast. coffee. juice. ice water. cheeses. sliced cold meats.

I saw the taste bar laid out for lunch on sea days..but there was so much food..that if I wanted to be able to eat anything for dinner........I had to say NO.

Carnival did a pretty good job with the Food on the Breeze. I commend them. And..except for kids making a trash can out of the ice cream machines...........the ship was very clean.

Also.....salad bar ingredients. Lots of them Fresh. salad dressings......not so hot. Ranch OK.

Thousand Island a bit on the battery acide. needs creaming out a little. Bread. always good. their Fried Chicken always available was good. I was born in Alabama. And the chicken was cooked long enough to be done. No juices flowing for me.

If you eat at the Steakhouse on the first night...free bottle of wine. A little more relaxed on dress code. ( if your luggage was late. ) DH wore a nice pair of khakkis...white polo shirt....blended in well.

The Italian Restaurant.......We loved it. loved it. DH had the grilled shrimp entre and his complaint was that he could have eaten another one. I had the chicken Parm..and while it was beaten a bit thin for my taste, it was still good. I would love to try some of their other options. next time.

Sorry, folks but this is a true statement of my experience on the Liberty. I tried the burger completely naked, no bun or anything else to absorb the grease or hide the flavor.

As for the pizza, again based on my first and only bite of the pizza I was served: cardboard crust, a smear of bad sauce, and limited imitation cheese product.

Of course, I am not a drinker and am tasting all these foods completely sober; that might have a lot to do with it.

Sorry, folks but this is a true statement of my experience on the Liberty. I tried the burger completely naked, no bun or anything else to absorb the grease or hide the flavor.

As for the pizza, again based on my first and only bite of the pizza I was served: cardboard crust, a smear of bad sauce, and limited imitation cheese product.

Of course, I am not a drinker and am tasting all these foods completely sober; that might have a lot to do with it.

Food is VERY subjective and you are certainly - as always - entitled to your opinion. But, I do find it interesting that you "dislike" them so much you left the need to post your opinion twice. :rolleyes:

Regardless of your opinion there is NO need to get snarky with those of of who do enjoy the burgers by implying that we are all drinkers that don't know what we are tasting!

THAT my friend is over the line! :mad:

Great story bud. I'm starting to question whether you've actually been on a CCL now.

Archived