Guy Fieri's Bugers

rockon391

I am an RC cruiser but some of the food options offered by Carnival look cool.

For those that have had a burger from the Guy Fieri place, can you tell me how they are? Is this somewhere you might eat from more than once on a 7 day cruise? Let me know 1-10!

Most cruise hamburgers are....different than in the USA. Why? I am not sure...but they taste different and the texture is different...so I never eat burgers on RC cruise ships.

I am an RC cruiser but some of the food options offered by Carnival look cool.

For those that have had a burger from the Guy Fieri place, can you tell me how they are? Is this somewhere you might eat from more than once on a 7 day cruise? Let me know 1-10!

Most cruise hamburgers are....different than in the USA. Why? I am not sure...but they taste different and the texture is different...so I never eat burgers on RC cruise ships.

We sure did! ;) I'd give them a 8 or 9 - especially compared to other cruise ship burgers....quite tasty!!

I had several earlier this month.

The DH said "It's just a hamburger."

I said "Yep, and a very good one!"

I always had the Plain Jane, he always had the Pig Patty.

Oh...and the fries are the best I've ever had on a cruise ship, maybe even on land!

Some foodies say they're just mediocre, but the vast majority seem to love them. Personally, I think they're delicious. Every burger I had was cooked perfectly, with a juicy yet crispy texture. Really, it's everything I look for in my typical grilled burger and has great flavor.

The toppings bar is awesome, as well. Oh, and the fries - can't forget those! Very well seasoned with a thick cut. Very, very good!

They are not nearly as popular as people on this board will lead you to believe, as this Carnival board tends to be quite scewed in favor of anything 2.0 by comparison to the average cruiser. The burgers are good, but please don't think that they are the greatest burgers ever. I would give them a 6 out of 10, maybe a 7. The regular unbranded burgers on Carnival ships without Guys, about a 5 out of 10. I got a Guys burger only twice out of 8 days, and won't feel like I'm missing out on a non-Guys ship. And I am anything but a foodie. I eat regular ordinary food all the time in my regular life. The fries at Guys are very thick, which some people love and other people don't. I prefer thin fries. (btw, I love your thread title: "Bugers":D)

Another side note. If you take a Carnival cruise without Guys burgers, you will still have standard burgers, plus you will have many items added, such as fried chicken strips & nachos. Those, among several other items, are a part of the "grill" food station that was eliminated in favor of Guys on ships that have Guys.

Good burgers , not great. In fairness I understand burgers ,for health reason, "have" to be cooked to death.

Having said that, the burgers are good and the fries are also tasty. One day I asked, and got, onion rings.

Another day I was told that they are a option and only served with a burger. Pity.

I was very very impressed with the fresh tacos at the Blue Iguana Cantina.

Made to order with a fixing's bar, they were excellent.:)

The burgers were pretty good, but DH and I have been to some real gourmet burger places (Hubert Keller's Burger Bar in Vegas is the best) and the Guy's burgers weren't close to that scale (of course not - they are included with cruise fare, and the burgers at Burger Bar were $30++++). I only ate one burger on my 4-day, but I had some fries from that place every day, I think. The spices on the fries are excellent - kind of remind me of the Cajun fries at 5 Guys. The burgers are much better than the standard cruise burgers in my opinion, but not as good as even some of the more upscale casual dining restaurant burgers on land.

I eat hamburgers a lot at home and was really looking forward to trying them when I got on board and went straight there for lunch. I thought they were good but not great. I would rate them a 7. I only had the one on the five day cruise. It wasn't that they were bad but I just felt there were better options.

And they are open EVERY day noon to 6:00 pm. After the buffet closes. Good place if you come back onto the ship later in the day but too early for dinner. We had them several times last week and we all gave them a 10. The fries get a 20 from me. I love fat, meaty, hot fries. Aw damn..... now I'm hungry.

It never fails, whenever I ask about a certain restaurant or a certain food that is served and we go and see for ourselves, we're always disappointed in that it wasn't exactly what we were told. So, we no longer ask anyone about a good place to eat because food is really subjective. You'll just have to try it for yourself and form your own opinion. As you see on this thread, there's mixed reviews.:rolleyes:

I can't eat burgers (stomach issues) but my husband likes a good burger. He really didn't see anything overly special two weeks ago when we sailed the glory. I love fries but those looke awful and greasy to me. But hey, if people like them that is good! Personally I miss the old grill with burgers/chcicken/good chicken tenders and shoe string fries. When you go up to Fish and Chips and ask for just fries they look at you like you are nuts. I bet if people weren't told they were "Guy's" burgers they wouldn't even know the difference. Sounds like a taste test challenge on the Lido Deck.:p

Guy Ferry's is average at best.

Bun was smushed.

Patty was super thin and burnt to a literal crisp.

Toppings are good and the only thing that can save it.

Patty was very greasy but, that's because all patties are cooked on a flat top.

Fries were hit or miss. Sometime perfect and sometimes soggy.

Onion ring is always soggy due to it being kept in a steamer.

But hey, there's always some "donkey sauce" that can be drizzled on your burger.

What part of the donkey does that sound like it came from?

All in all probably like a 5/10. I preferred the old burgers better.

Archived