Guy Fieri's Bugers

rockon391

I had Guy's twice on the Conquest that sailed on Sept 8 this year.

First time: Sea Day. Short fast line. Got the All the Way (I think that's what it was called.) Had to wait longer in line to get ketchup than I did to get the burger. The burger was juicy and tasty. Soft bun and fresh toppings.

Second time: Port Day. We had planned on going to the beach by taxi in Cozumel. It rained so we stayed on the ship. Real relaxing. However, no line at Guy's for the burger or ketchup. I got the Pig Patty. Burger was dry compared to the first one. Bacon patty likewise dry. Bun OK but not as soft as before.

I didn't really care for the French fries either time. Just me - I'm not big on steak cut fries.

So my advise would be go when they are busy. They keep the burgers ready so there is never a real wait. But if business is slow the meat has a chance to dry out on the grill.

Charlie

I am an RC cruiser but some of the food options offered by Carnival look cool.

For those that have had a burger from the Guy Fieri place, can you tell me how they are? Is this somewhere you might eat from more than once on a 7 day cruise? Let me know 1-10!

Most cruise hamburgers are....different than in the USA. Why? I am not sure...but they taste different and the texture is different...so I never eat burgers on RC cruise ships.

11!

Once a day? How about once an hour?? :D

Sorry, folks but this is a true statement of my experience on the Liberty. I tried the burger completely naked, no bun or anything else to absorb the grease or hide the flavor.

As for the pizza, again based on my first and only bite of the pizza I was served: cardboard crust, a smear of bad sauce, and limited imitation cheese product.

Of course, I am not a drinker and am tasting all these foods completely sober; that might have a lot to do with it.

Nope, drinking does not make the difference. I too am a teetotaler and i loved both Guy's burgers and Pirate Pizza. We just have different taste buds.

My whole family ate a Guy's burger and fries almost daily, I think my son did have one every day, the rest of us might have missed one day. We never had a greasy one the whole week. Yes, there was lots of drippings from the burger and toppings but it certainly wasn't grease. Nor were the fries the least bit greasy. We tried he pig patty the first day and the bacon was really hard and dried out so we didn't try that one again - just got a plain jane and put our own toppings on it.

A lot of people seem to like them because there is a bar where you can dress them up like you like.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carnival+guy+fieri+burger&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4x9GUqmMD4za9ATV44HoDA&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1438&bih=631&dpr=1

Sounds a little like Fudruckers to me...the topping bar being the premise....thick fries I love...but gotta have them with malt vinegar.....not sure that is an option....

Either way my upcoming Dream cruise will not have Guy's...my DH was a little disappointed to hear that....then I told him one day there will be a burrito bar so he was a little happier....ugh.

Been cruising 15 years and NEVER ate the hamburgers before. Guy's burgers are AWESOME! I made 3 trips to this place on my last 7 day cruise at the start of September. Also, if you have a Guy's, you should also have the Blue Iguina that makes fresh tacos and burritos.... also totally awesome. The chicken tacos were served on warm, fresh homemade soft tortillas and you had all the fixings you could want at the toppins bar.

We thought that Guys were great, 10.

Better than five Guys at home. It’s up to you to decide.

I like the pizza on the Breeze and hated the Fat Jimmy C-side BBQ.

Definitely not may favorite and not worth the huge wait IMHO - I only do it if there's no line. But I did think it was better on the Breeze that it was on the Magic.

Archived