Singles to get Double Points

Merion Mom (Carol):

This new policy also says you can't combine other benefits like senior discount, etc.:(

Those footnotes do not apply to the single supplement "perk". This one does though:

16 Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

16 Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

Except for these words (This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Package,), that footnote has not changed. And it doesn't say anything about what those restrictions are. It makes it sound minor. In fact, it allows them to place ANY restriction they wish on it. But it does not specify "not allowed to combine benefits." When that is the restriction, RC comes right out and says so.

Either those restrictions aren't in there, or they are deliberately hiding them.

But I confirmed in an online chat that if you are BOOKED ALREADY, they will not take anything away from you.

Go to the footnotes section of the member benefits chart on RCCL website. Specifically footnote 10,11&12

Nothing that I see in any footnote addresses senior or resident or military rates.

Small part of footnote 12: (10 & 11 have nothing to do with this :confused:)

Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value.

The implication of this (or my inference) is that paying less than 200% would entitle the single to that percentage of the face value.

I could ALMOST deal with that.

Frankly, I should have all of it.

I know, I know - phrases like "worked hard" and "hard-earned" are sort of funny when applied to taking cruises. But I spent a great deal of money (and time) and conscious choice to accumulate my cruise points. I can use the balcony discount if I am paying for two people but not if I am paying for one? Why not? It's MY discount, not the other person's. It is SUPPOSED to lead us to book the more expensive cabins. Take it away, and instead I'll be competing with Mr. First Cruise I Can Barely Afford This And Why Do I Have To Tip For The Kids And What Is Free On This Boat Anyway for the least expensive cabins. Otherwise, *I* would cough up extra of my own money if RC would help me with a balcony discount and book m ore expensive cabins.

They sell the cheap cabins MOST easily. That's the reason that they upgrade first-time interior cabin customers to balcony cabins. Get 'em hooked on more expensive cabins. Then they can easily sell the cheap cabin again.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm a Diamond, not a plus, but, I believe the website has always said singles paying 200% get the balcony discount. I asked about it the first time I booked a balcony because I didn't think I would get it because it was on the Tuesday sale with a 50% supplement. They said I would get the whole amount and I did.

Another example of exactly what you said: Businesses on land.

Any department store will reduce items on sale. Sometimes they will reduce them even more. (TWO sales) Then they will issue percentage off coupons, and allow me to use them on sale and clearance merchandise.

Sometimes, on top of THOSE THREE COMBINED BENEFITS, they will give me a FOURTH discount if I charge my purchase on THEIR credit card.

You are again spouting nonsense. :(

I said the stores I shop at - not the stores you shop at. Apparently we both shop at a different kinds (and class) of stores.

I said the stores I shop at - not the stores you shop at. Apparently we both shop at a different kinds (and class) of stores.

I have no idea, since I don't know where you shop.

Hardly the point, though.

There are many businesses that function this way. For you to say that RC should never give more than one discount because a store where you shop does that is BEYOND ABSURD.

I'm a Diamond, not a plus, but, I believe the website has always said singles paying 200% get the balcony discount. I asked about it the first time I booked a balcony because I didn't think I would get it because it was on the Tuesday sale with a 50% supplement. They said I would get the whole amount and I did.

Now that I think about it, you are right.

So, nothing new in that footnote at all. :o

I don't like this very much either, but I guess now we are feeling like the smokers did when they took that away from them. I wonder what shoe Royal will drop next, I see the lounge gone before we make D.

Smoking never earned anyone any benefits aboard the ships.

Nothing that I see in any footnote addresses senior or resident or military rates.

Carol, if you call D+ desk they will read you the "new policy" memo. Bottomline is that nothing is combinable including the senior rates or any other rate like it (resident, etc.).

I'm sure that the wording in #16 is a little strange but the following exclusions that are spelled out is what is excluded for the Perk.

They really should hire you to read all their adverts before posting!!!:D

Carol, if you call D+ desk they will read you the "new policy" memo. Bottomline is that nothing is combinable including the senior rates or any other rate like it (resident, etc.).

I'm sure that the wording in #16 is a little strange but the following exclusions that are spelled out is what is excluded for the Perk.

They really should hire you to read all their adverts before posting!!!:D

Really ridiculous:mad::mad: I hope they are reading this.......Not that they will do anything about it though

Like everything else RCCL promises you. I booked single. Didnt get the double points.. Got them after I had to fight for them. TYPICAL the way RCCL does things !!!!

Can you give us some more details about what happened, why you didn't get the points, and how you had to finally resolve this? I admit, it has been in the back of my head that they'd change policy on me mid-game. I hadn't read of issues but now I am concerned.

All this is very real. A friend on the Vision just made a booking using single sub and got the price brake down and the memo, regarding nothing can be combined with the single sub. So there you go.

So it's 1 and 1/2 times the undiscounted base fare plus one and one-half non commissionable fare = 1 extra cruise point for each day traveled.

Why doesn't Royal just put cruise points up for sale, they could really rake in the bucks!

Come to think of it that is exactly what they are doing!

Sign me very disappointed.

Rev

All this is very real. A friend on the Vision just made a booking using single sub and got the price brake down and the memo, regarding nothing can be combined with the single sub. So there you go.

So it's 1 and 1/2 times the undiscounted base fare plus one and one-half non commissionable fare = 1 extra cruise point for each day traveled.

Why doesn't Royal just put cruise points up for sale, they could really rake in the bucks!

Rev

It would be very interesting to hear what Super Mario has to say about all this....this meaning the whole rearranging of the singles supplement.!

Edited by ShipRiders

I wrote my letter to Adam Goldstein last night and just received a phone call from Brittney, at Crown & Anchor. She was calling to "thank me for bringing this situation (no balcony discount w/ the 150% single supplement for those with 340+ cruise points) to their attention." She advised that this was a misunderstanding on the part of the C&A Reps and wanted to assure me that the 150% single supplement is fully combinable with both the balcony discount and C&A Savings Certificates! :D

Nice to have a positive ending to a frustrating experience.

Someone else is supposed to get back to me on the double NCCF for solo cruisers. I'd like to say that I'm hoping for another positive response ... but I am not as optimistic on that ... :(

I, too, got a phone call just a few minutes ago and reinterate what Lorna said. Glad this is now a good positive move on Royal's part. Obviously, without writing letters, this may not have been brought to the forefront!

Just a clarification, you still cannot book senior, resident discounts with the C&A 150% solo perk. You can combine balcony discount or Savings Certificate.

Edited by tinkerme1

I, too, got a phone call just a few minutes ago and reinterate what Lorna said. Glad this is now a good positive move on Royal's part. Obviously, without writing letters, this may not have been brought to the forefront!

Just a clarification, you still cannot book senior, resident discounts with the C&A 150% solo perk. You can combine balcony discount or Savings Certificate.

Exactly same phone call I just got. Also, over 340 points pay 150% of the NCCF - so not double as shown online for non 340 point guests.

Hi Celia!!! I almost asked her if one of the calls she was making was going to be to you. She did say that she was calling Carol, as well ... :D

Rev

Well look at it this way, high single supplements...but they are giving the double points...combinable wiht other discounts.....can't always eat the cake and want it too...along with the baker and the whole bakery!:D;)

Rev

Rev, tell your friend to go back and let her know "she can have her balcony discount!

Well look at it this way, high single supplements...but they are giving the double points...combinable wiht other discounts.....can't always eat the cake and want it too...along with the baker and the whole bakery!:D;)

Some day you may find yourself as a senior trying to care for another senior who is 20 years older and just trying to get a break once in a while, with benefits that were promised long ago!

Geez, that single ressie I have for next year is getting worn through with me making notes, erasing them, making more notes, erasing them. I hope we have this all sorted out now.

Thanks to everyone for being our voice in this!!

I called the C&A D+ line about a month ago to get my 150% single supplement and balcony discounts applied. The agent on the phone was able to apply the balcony discounts right away but had to have a supervisor apply the 150% discount. Both were applied within a half hour, so it seems that some RCI staff know what they are doing. BTW, when I reached 340 points I emailed C&A to ask that the 150% discount and the balcony discount were combinable and the reply I received said they were.