Hotel in Copenhagen

frannie

We will be in Copenhagen for 3 days pre-cruise in May -- I booked our flights with Expedia and got the Best Western City Hotel for $154 including breakfast which I thought was a very good rate. It has a central location for exploring and gets good reviews on TripAdvisor so I'm happy!

Seems like a much better rate then I can get in August. We booked at the Best Western Hebron and will keep looking for better deals. The only drawback was the neighborhood.

We stayed at the Marrriott using points and booked a room that included the Executive lounge where we ate all of our meals. The location was great because the hop on hop off boat was right outside and Tivoli wasn't far. Loved our corner room.

We were in Copenhagen this year for our Baltic cruise. After much research, we decided on the Andersen Hotel. It is located very close to the central train station (which provides access to both the airport and the cruise port). Copenhagen hotels can be very expensive, and the Andersen was a great value in comparison. A very good breakfast was included. The hotel is walk-able to all the major attractions in central Copenhagen.

http://www.andersen-hotel.dk/en/information-2/information/

I gave them my CC number on their secure site, but nothing was charged. I can cancel up until 48 hours prior.

I am glad to hear that they do not charge at booking. Mine has the same cancelation policy. I received a voucher via e mail so I was a little confused. Our date is August 19th.

When is yours?

Thanks

I gave them my CC number on their secure site, but nothing was charged. I can cancel up until 48 hours prior.

I am glad to hear that they do not charge at booking. Mine has the same cancelation policy. I received a voucher via e mail so I was a little confused. Our date is August 19th.

When is yours?

Thanks

GweninTX, are you 100% sure you were not charged when you did the booking and gave them you credit card. I checked and I was actually charged. It is from an UK company, $191.

I am wondering if I did something wrong when making the reservation since you were not charged in advanced. I knew that I was being charged, but I thought it was worth the risk with the great rate. I have two other couples traveling with me and they are not necessarly willing to take the risk.

Thanks. Good for you if you were able to get the reservation without the advanced payment.

I booked with the same company for the Hilton Airport and my credit card was charged. AMEX called me to verify that it was a valid charge. Pleased they do track where charges are being made. 48 hour cancellation policy.

Now have 2 hotels booked, trying to decide between Adina and Airport Hilton.

Some booking sites will charge your CC at the time of booking others do not

be sure to check the cancellation rules

If you get a good deal on price many are advance booking rates & non refundable

That said I booked direct with Best Western as I am still looking around & did not want to get stuck if I decided to cancel

Last yr I booked the Marriott apts in Budapest at the regular rate once I paid the final payment for the cruise, got my trip insurance sorted I rebooked at the advance rate and saved some $$

Lyn

We are having a hard time finding hotels in Copenhagen that have air conditioning. This is more important to us than a free breakfast. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thank you!

Judy

Not many hotels have A/C maybe the Marriott

It probably will not be that bad in June

I booked with the same company for the Hilton Airport and my credit card was charged. AMEX called me to verify that it was a valid charge. Pleased they do track where charges are being made. 48 hour cancellation policy.

Now have 2 hotels booked, trying to decide between Adina and Airport Hilton.

We only used them for the post cruise hotel before our early morning flight. Their prices were not really good for center city. We booked the precruise hotel directly with Best Western and we will keep looking for a better deal

We are having a hard time finding hotels in Copenhagen that have air conditioning. This is more important to us than a free breakfast. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Thank you!

Judy

We just booked the palace hotel in Copenhagen . The website said both air conditioning and buffet breakfast paid $191.00 per night on Expedia.ca

We are arriving in Copenhagen on May 18, 2014 for one night pre cruise. We will have three nights post cruise before a cruise to Norway ( we are looking at airbnb for those nights.)

For the night of May 18, we had considered wake up copenhagen until I found out the marathon is May 18 and will be run in the town center.

According to the website, last year there 10,000 runners. So now we are thinking about staying out around the airport. Our daughter ran the Marine Corps marathon in DC last fall and we saw how a marathon clogs a city.

Any suggestions?

We have been to Copenhagen once before (2011) and stayed at the Imperial Hotel. We liked it, but thought we would like to try a different hotel this time. Well, to get to the point, air conditioning is important to us and there are not many hotels with air conditioning and a good location. After studying the hotels that do have air conditioning/good location, we are going to stay at the Imperial again!

The deal we got is one of those 'almost too good to be true' deals. We booked two nights and are paying $337 per night, taxes included. Here is the best part: can be cancelled until 24 hours before (will not charge our card until we get there), includes breakfast, admission to Tivoli, admission to Tivoli aquarium, a meal at one of the Tivoli restaurants, multi-ride ticket and either a ride photo or a balloon. It is called the Tivoli All Incl Package. Also, we chose the superior double room instead of the standard double room.

Judy

That is a very good deal, with all the things included it must almost equal 250$ alone for the Tivoli trip, assuming that the meal is at one of the better restaurants.

I know! I hope it is not some kind of mistake, because what makes it even more amazing, is that it is the lowest priced option that comes up!!!:confused:

We have stayed at both the Marriott and the Hilton. Both hotels are air conditioned and are modern American style hotels with spacious rooms. We were there during one of the hottest summers on record and could not have slept well without the ac.

DO check rates at both hotels from time to time. We got substantial drops at both hotels.

Thank you!

Judy

I just stayed at The Square hotel (near Stroget & Tivoli). They have A/C and run promos for free breakfast. Very comfortable room. Lots of space. I booked directly with them as there price and promo was better than what was on some of the other websites so double check before you book.

I just stayed at The Square hotel (near Stroget & Tivoli). They have A/C and run promos for free breakfast. Very comfortable room. Lots of space. I booked directly with them as there price and promo was better than what was on some of the other websites so double check before you book.

I have stayed at The Square as well several years ago, and agree it's a good option, with a great location.

When I was in Copenhagen in May 2013, there was a large construction project going on in the square, directly in front of the hotel. In preparing for that trip, I looked into booking The Square again. There were comments on TripAdvisor about people complaining about noise and construction disruptions. The project might be complete by the time you will be there, so perhaps this won't be a concern. But be aware, just in case.

We stayed at the Square Hotel next to Tivoli Gardens one night pre-cruise and two nights post cruise. Great location, friendly and very helpful staff and delicious breakfast which exceeded all our expectations. We got a room with breathtaking view of the city roofs. It was really a fantastic experience! Great memories! I highly recommend this hotel.

Jess.

Archived