Perry Grant

CHESHIRE CHEESE

Hi Everyone,

For those asking about Perry's schedule, I've been advised that other than a 2 week vacation in January 2014, Perry will be onboard Eclipse until June 11, 2014. He will also be appearing on Equinox for 2 weeks in July. One of the sailings, is the President's Cruise.

I hope this is helpful !

Excellent news so glad he will be onboard for our April Transatlantic!!!!!

Thanks Andy for info.

Jean

Hi Gsb,

Last I heard, Perry is only taking off 1 sailing (2 weeks) in January. As always, schedules can change, but this is how I know his schedule as of today.

He said if he was really tired, he might take off four.

He said if he was really tired, he might take off four.

Fine, but my information was as of yesterday. I will be onboard in 11 days, and will try to obtain another update.

I can't see where anyone "dissed" him, can you provide a link?

I for one am excited to see Perry for the 1st ever time in February. I watched 1 Youtube video but really have no idea what to expect - other than I better get myself there early to get a seat! I really can't believe the back on forth on this discussion - you either like an entertainer or you don't - if you don't then you don't attend as there are many other entertainment options. Discussing a person is not the same as discussing say buffet food - why personally insult someone? Just isn't necessary.
Edited by WpgCruise

Hi Everyone,

For Perry's fans - his website is now "Live" as of this morning, and looks great. The address is www.PerryGrant.com.

Perry's website also reconfirms his schedule, which I wrote about a few days ago. Perry will be onboard Eclipse through Jan 11, 2014, then 2 weeks off. Perry returns to Eclipse on January 25th 2014, through June 11, 2014.

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

The website mentions that he started on the Eclipse in the Sky Lounge. Is that the venue he still uses, or does he perform elsewhere? The Sky Lounge seems to be the biggest venue and has the biggest dance floor on the ship. Just wondering how that works with his show.

The website mentions that he started on the Eclipse in the Sky Lounge. Is that the venue he still uses, or does he perform elsewhere? The Sky Lounge seems to be the biggest venue and has the biggest dance floor on the ship. Just wondering how that works with his show.

HI dwhit,

As of a couple of weeks ago, Perry has relocated to Michael's club on Eclipse. It will be interesting to see if his venue changes for the Caribbean season.

HI dwhit,

As of a couple of weeks ago, Perry has relocated to Michael's club on Eclipse. It will be interesting to see if his venue changes for the Caribbean season.

Thanks for the info Andy. I would think that Michael's Club would be the best type of venue for his show (granted I haven't seen it, so what do I know?) But I bet you need to get there early to get a seat.

Just returned from the Eclipse on Sunday.

The latest news from Perry is that he is joining the digital age and his new website is http://www.perrygrant.com

He will keep us up-to-date of his whereabouts via his website.

I just visited his website - I am so delighted.:)

And he will be on our April 5 sailing - what a treat to see him again.

HI dwhit,

We're really looking forward to seeing Perry's show on the Eclipse in February!

Michael's Club seems awfully small and poorly shaped for an interactive show like Perry's. I hope they move it back to the Sky Lounge by February!

Thanks for the info Andy. I would think that Michael's Club would be the best type of venue for his show (granted I haven't seen it, so what do I know?) But I bet you need to get there early to get a seat.

For his 10:00 show, you needed to get in by 9:30 if you wanted to get a "soft seat" and not sit on "plastic" as Perry calls the hard chairs.

At one of his shows, peopled moved some chairs to the back of the room by the entrance. When he came in, Perry was upset with this. Got on the mike and said that the chairs are placed where he wanted them and if you moved them, please put them back in their original locations.

Four of about eight people who had moved the chairs, put them back, looked embarrassed,and left the room.

Wow glad for the post about moving chairs. I certainly won't touch them in Michael's. I would not have moved the chairs back, I would have simply left. Maybe this is part of his "act"??? I would hope so.

Connie

Hi Connie,

I believe it's part of his act, as Perry did this to me not too long ago, by asking me to move my chair to a different spot. After I was done, he asked me to move it back - got a good laugh from the crowd, and I'm always happy to play along.

Hi Everyone,

Brief Update. In an earlier post, I mentioned that other than a 2 week mini-vacation in January, Perry should be onboard Eclipse until June 11, 2014. I've since learned the date is June 7th, 2014.

I hope this is helpful !

Wow glad for the post about moving chairs. I certainly won't touch them in Michael's. I would not have moved the chairs back, I would have simply left. Maybe this is part of his "act"??? I would hope so.

Connie

This was not part of his act. He was upset and there was no laughing at anything.

The chairs were moved to the back before he entered the room, and he didn't appreciate it.

Edited by gsb

This was not part of his act. He was upset and there was no laughing at anything.

The chairs were moved to the back before he entered the room, and he didn't appreciate it.

Really?? Sounds like he's a bit of a Prima Donna.

Even though many people seem to love Perry Grant, I did not care for him.

On our Trans-Atlantic cruise last May, he performed several nights in a small venue (Michael's Club?) and then he had one performance in the main showroom so more people could see him. You should get to his performance early because his legion of followers fill up the showroom.

Bob

We've never seen him perform, but it looks like he will be on our upcoming early spring Caribbean cruise.

I really look forward to going (early) to get a seat and see what it's all about!

I've read great accolades and posts from people who don't care for his work, but by all accounts, he is a lovely, warm person and anyone who puts themselves out there for a public performance deserves my time and respect, regardless of whether it's my "cup of tea" or not.

HCBI