Perry Grant

CHESHIRE CHEESE

I have just returned from a lovely cruise on the Eclipse. I had previously seen Perry perform one night on the Constellation last year and enjoyed the show. I am a rock fan..... see the CC nick! One would not categorise me as a "Perry groupie"! However what does one notice about this performer? Well I saw someone working at entertaining a full small venue on the ship. I agree that he shines in the more intimate venue of a club but he also did a good theatre show too! I went to more shows on this last 14 day cruise - previously we went to only one on the Constellation as really they are not usually our "thing" I enjoyed the sEclipse shows for what they were and as the performers were working hard to entertain me I do not see the point in being hypercritical. At the end of the day if a form of entertainment isn't going to suit then don't go to the show - go to one of the other kinds of evening activity!

From what I have seen the evening with Perry provides a good laugh, the opportunity to smile at oneself (and others) I am quite sure Celebrity would not be employing him - figure it out.... why would they employ someone just for one theatre show and evening performances in what is a very small venue if it didn't pay off massively for them? Of course it pays off as he entertains As for the rather snide comments about whether the comedy is "modern" I would have said some comedy is timeless - I can watch the 60s film "It's a mad mad world" over and over and still laugh out loud!

Finally I would comment about what others have said, I saw Perry about the ship and he always spoke to people - he actually came up to me and spoke and remembered my name ! He was "on duty" even when trying to have some lunch. In my book that is being a professional - he and the cruise director Sue seem to have the old fashioned belief that they are not the "celebrity" kind of celebrity on "Celebrity" but are there to see that their customer base have a good time. That is pretty good going in my book.

Over the years some nasty posts have appeared on this board, personal attacks that have been completely uncalled for, not only about this entertainer but also about various Captains Club hosts, Cruise Directors, and others. It always makes me cringe when I see them.

We are fans of Perry, and nothing anyone writes here will change that!

He's the hardest working entertainer at sea, and the only one I know of who has a Fan Club and a loyal group of followers, some of whom cruise multiple times a year just to see him.

The YouTube videos can't show what it's like to spend an evening with him. It's not just the songs or the singing, it's the entire experience. over the years we've heard a lot of people say "we stopped in to see him, listened to two songs and left and we don't get it". That's right .... It's a carefully crafted act that takes a longer exposure to appreciate but then you are Perrified and you can't wait to see what will happen next.

And it he, or any entertainer, isn't your cup of tea, it's a big ship. There are lots of options. Meanwhile, "positions everybody"

that!

He's the hardest working entertainer at sea, and the only one I know of who has a Fan Club and a loyal group of followers, some of whom cruise multiple times a year just to see him.

You need to find about about Kevin Spacey on RCL if you want to see a hard working, energetic entertainer!

Check him out on you tube.

You need to find about about Kevin Spacey on RCL if you want to see a hard working, energetic entertainer!

Check him out on you tube.

Kevin Spacey on RCL :eek: Now that I would like to see ;)

I'm sure every cruise line has their particular star entertainer. On HAL it's Jimmy Maddox who has followers who book several cruises a year to see him. He also plays to packed houses every night.

I look forward to seeing Perry Grant. I hope he's on the Eclipse when we're on next year.

Mumsy.

Hi Catalina,

I had heard some talk about Perry taking a very brief vacation sometime in January 2014, but I'm unsure if that is now definite, and what dates are involved. I will see if I can find out for you. Stay Tuned !

Andy,

Any news on Perry being for April 5,14 sailing? I want to book my airfare...

Please let us know.

I've never heard of Perry, but surely if he isn't to your taste and he was on the same sailing as you, you would just drink in a different bar for the evening???

Or is that just using some common sense. Why make such a big issue out if it by insulting the man? :confused:

I've never heard of Perry, but surely if he isn't to your taste and he was on the same sailing as you, you would just drink in a different bar for the evening???

Or is that just using some common sense. Why make such a big issue out if it by insulting the man? :confused:

Always amusing when those who don't like a negative opinion on an issue use insults to get their point across.

Trying to use some common sense, your opinion is odd. You believe that if one don't like something on a Celebrity ship it should just be avoided?

Does this go for food, your steward and service, or does this just apply to entertainment ?

Clearly Mr Grant has his fans so I'm not sure he needs "your help". Looking at his act, I'm reminded of Liberace.

There is the story, perhaps apocryphal, when he was asked if bad reviews hurt him.

He said, "Yes! I cried all the way to the bank". Good attitude and good for Perry Grant.

I still don't have to like him nor believe he fits what Celebrity is trying to project.

You are entitled to your opinion as am I.

Trying to use some common sense, your opinion is odd. You believe that if one don't like something on a Celebrity ship it should just be avoided?

I think Potterduck's point was that if you don't like Mr Grant then he CAN be avoided, not that he SHOULD be avoided.

I enjoyed Perry Grant's shows but I am not a groupie, if there is something else going on that I prefer, I do not go to his show.

However he does provoke discussion on these boards and that is what he aims to do. Negative or positive nobody is neutral, therefore he achieves his goal.

Have never seen PG other than you tube--Feel like I know him from all these posts.

I hope I like him enough to want to see him more than once. We'll find out next week.;)

If you have the opportunity would you please ask if he will be on the April 5, 2014 cruise.

Thanks and fingers crossed!

Bon Voyage to you!

Andy,

Any news on Perry being for April 5,14 sailing? I want to book my airfare...

Please let us know.

Hi Isabella,

I've tried a few of my best sources for information, and nobody has a definitive answer. We are also booked for April 5th, and would like to know as well.

If I do not receive an answer before we board Eclipse on November 16th, I will be sure to ask Perry, and report back. Hopefully, we will have an answer before then. Stay Tuned !

Hi Isabella,

I've tried a few of my best sources for information, and nobody has a definitive answer. We are also booked for April 5th, and would like to know as well.

If I do not receive an answer before we board Eclipse on November 16th, I will be sure to ask Perry, and report back. Hopefully, we will have an answer before then. Stay Tuned !

I knew I can count on you Andy. I hope you and your family have a great time on Eclipse as we did last November and past April. Going on TA on Equinox this Thanksgiving. I wish Perry was entertaining us there...

• 3 weeks later...

Perry said he's on the Eclipse until June 11th. Is taking two to four weeks off beginning in January depending on how he feels.

He was great with a sold out Michaels every night on our Oct 20th Eclipse cruise.

Perry said he's on the Eclipse until June 11th. Is taking two to four weeks off beginning in January depending on how he feels.

He was great with a sold out Michaels every night on our Oct 20th Eclipse cruise.

Hi Gsb,

Last I heard, Perry is only taking off 1 sailing (2 weeks) in January. As always, schedules can change, but this is how I know his schedule as of today.

Edited by Host Andy

I knew I can count on you Andy. I hope you and your family have a great time on Eclipse as we did last November and past April. Going on TA on Equinox this Thanksgiving. I wish Perry was entertaining us there...

Hi Isabella,

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are excited about sailing on Eclipse in 12 days. We hope to be onboard Eclipse for the April 5th as well, but I'm not committing to it, until we return home for our cruise. Hopefully, we will see you then. Have a great time on Equinox !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

For those asking about Perry's schedule, I've been advised that other than a 2 week vacation in January 2014, Perry will be onboard Eclipse until June 11, 2014. He will also be appearing on Equinox for 2 weeks in July. One of the sailings, is the President's Cruise.

I hope this is helpful !

I for one am excited to see Perry for the 1st ever time in February. I watched 1 Youtube video but really have no idea what to expect - other than I better get myself there early to get a seat! I really can't believe the back on forth on this discussion - you either like an entertainer or you don't - if you don't then you don't attend as there are many other entertainment options. Discussing a person is not the same as discussing say buffet food - why personally insult someone? Just isn't necessary.

I for one am excited to see Perry for the 1st ever time in February. I watched 1 Youtube video but really have no idea what to expect - other than I better get myself there early to get a seat! I really can't believe the back on forth on this discussion - you either like an entertainer or you don't - if you don't then you don't attend as there are many other entertainment options. Discussing a person is not the same as discussing say buffet food - why personally insult someone? Just isn't necessary.

Who insulted him?