If you could choose a new activity?

I was almost scared to create this post for fear there would be some cruise ship passenger that would whine about the activities that I mentioned and how I should quit complaining and enjoy my cruise blah blah blah, but I am very surprised on what GREAT ideas everyone has (even the paintball ones) which by the way was pretty funny. All of them sound like something I would enjoy myself. I hope cruise lines are looking into new activities as the same ol' ones are getting very boring. I absolutely love the idea of history of the areas where the ships are going to ports. I never attend port lectures as I agree they are targeting shopping. Even going to trivia is not fun anymore as some passengers get a little too serious when you win the plastic ship or key ring and they don't. Thank you to all who responded. I even like Bingo on the lido deck for merchandise instead of money such as bottle of wine, spa treatment, robe (not the ones you sneak in your luggage), gift card at the photo or stores on ship; things like that.

Thanks for the tip of the hat. ;)

I have saved the best for last.

Truly, people, how much would you pay for my next idea:

(shooting at the zipliners would be worth AT LEAST $25 per shot, don't you think? A real money maker for RC)

But how much would you pay for this?

Think of all the people who are happy to pay $150 for the All-Access tour.

How much would you pay

TO DRIVE THE ZAMBONI ON THE ICE RINK??????

Admit it, you would LOVE to do this. (and yes, I know that it's not a Zamboni, just as not all copiers are Xeroxes. ;) It's called metonymy. Look it up. :D)

We did have travel talks on our recent cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda. DH and I are history geeks and really were looking forward to them. Unfortunately the lecturer was extremely dry- took interesting material and slides and made it boring.

Definitely would like more lectures.

Arts and Crafts gets my vote ... although I have to admit that there was one I did on "pointalism" that was a real waste" I think that was the Serenade out of San Juan in 2010. I really enjoyed the jewelry classes I've attended on last year's 2 cruises.

My hat is off to the poster who suggested the Amazing Race. Not sure I'd do it, but it certainly sounds intriguing.

More arts and craft classes with no charge or maybe a small charge for materials like the jewelry making class.

I would love to have real Port talks. Not shopping but the history and culture of the island. And interesting things to see. I can shop at home and the islands are no longer the bargain they used to be.

Another reason to try sister line Celebrity. They have an enrichment program called Celebrity Life Activities on all their ships with various arts and crafts classes and top notch lecturers on a variety of topics, including all the major ports of call without any of the shopping pitches. On our last cruise we had daily opportunities to attended lectures, including two titled "The CSI Phenomena" which described the forensics behind hit shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and another titled "American Madams", which was an amusing romp through the history of America's first "CEOs of the service industry".

Book discussions. RC could post book titles in advance so people can get the book (paper, audio, or e-) ahead of time, and also have paperback copies available to purchase on the ship. It would be really cool if the stories take place in locations visited on the cruise, or have some other connection to cruising/travel in general.

I love the Amazing Race - so much I tried out for it! (Never even considered me, but I stood in line long enough!)

Starting on the first day, you get paired with someone you DON'T know. Each port provides you with a challenge, similar to the show.

My hat is off to the poster who suggested the Amazing Race. Not sure I'd do it, but it certainly sounds intriguing.

It's not a cruise-long race (and it's offered on Carnival), but they offer a Cozumel shore excursion 'Amazing Cozumel Race': http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/304091. Cruisers love it and it has (78) great reviews. Maybe send a suggestion to RCI's Shore Excursion department...:p

It's not a cruise-long race (and it's offered on Carnival), but they offer a Cozumel shore excursion 'Amazing Cozumel Race': http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/304091. Cruisers love it and it has (78) great reviews. Maybe send a suggestion to RCI's Shore Excursion department...:p

I did something similar on my NCL cruise, it was ok - but nowhere NEAR what could have been done!

They were saying they are so limited due to insurance reasons...I say give me the waiver!!:p

Painting class. Pair it with booze/wine for 90-120 minutes, supply me with canvas, paints, brushes, and instruct me how to paint a keepsake from my vacation. THAT is something I would pay for. I did that recently as a date night (having never been able to draw a straight line) and had a great time.

Lots of wonderful ideas expressed, and this is one I would love !!

I would also like port lectures, and a bigger variety of activities. The cake decorating is a bit tired. I also would like to see a return of the horse races.

Old Activity: Sexy Man Competition

New Activity: Wet T-Shirt Contest

Old Activity: Belly Flop Competition

New Activity: Tug-O-War in pool (Men vs. Women or Guests vs. Crew)

Old Activity: 70's Night

New Activity: 80's Night

They at least need to update the soundtrack, 70's were more than Disco. How 'bout getting rid of the Village Idiots act and give us "Two Tickets to Paradise".

"Hot Hot Hot" would make a better conga line than "Love Train". Also, they need 80's Dance tunes you can actually dance to as some hits of the 80's are hard to dance to (at the current 80's Dance Party).

LIKE those are 3 Great Ideas

I would like to see the Chefmaker cooking classes on Freedom and Liberty expanded across the fleet. Freedom also has the cooking demo lunches and the FreedomFEST Food Festival that would be great to have on other ships.

I have been on a few cruises and love RCCL. Even though Quest and Love and Marrigae seem to be on other lines as well, yes they are getting old and boring after a few. I would like to see more activities such as, pub crawls and something like poker runs and scavenger hunts.

A "deep sea" fishing excursion while on board the cruise. Perhaps the ship could stop for an hour or two (even in the middle of the night!) and host fishing on one of the fold out platforms on the ship. The keepers can be served in the MDR that evening as the catch of the day. My husband would pay big $ to do this! I know a lot of others that would too.

Archived