If you could choose a new activity?

How about 15-minute lectures from passangers? You'd submit subject and title beforehand, also a photo (optional). You'd have your 15min, and the lecture would be advertised in the Cruise Compass.

I'm sure there must be amazing talents among us. All those retired professors could be put to good use. :D

Well, does any line have something like that? I know I'd attend a few. Should be in a theater close to the pool so that people could find it easily. :D

I love the Amazing Race - so much I tried out for it! (Never even considered me, but I stood in line long enough!)

Starting on the first day, you get paired with someone you DON'T know. Each port provides you with a challenge, similar to the show.

More live music would be good. Some of the sets are only 30-45 minutes, then you might not see ther person until the next day, or maybe never. I understand performers need breaks, but I'd like to see maybe 2-3 times throughout the evening for each group. More jazz and chamber music would be great additions to the standard piano bar music.

More modern/recent movies in the cinema and large screen showings. The movies they show are so old that if they were something I had wanted to see I would have seen them at least 2 years ago.

I have to call shenanigans on this post. I got off the Allure a few weeks ago and I just looked at two of my Compasses. Iron Man 3 was released on DVD on Set 24 and we had it on the ship on Sept 26. Star Trek Into Darkness was released on DVD Sept 10 and we had it on the 27th. These are not movies I am interested in, but, they certainly are not old.

Old Activity: Sexy Man Competition

New Activity: Wet T-Shirt Contest

Old Activity: Belly Flop Competition

New Activity: Tug-O-War in pool (Men vs. Women or Guests vs. Crew)

Old Activity: 70's Night

New Activity: 80's Night

They at least need to update the soundtrack, 70's were more than Disco. How 'bout getting rid of the Village Idiots act and give us "Two Tickets to Paradise".

"Hot Hot Hot" would make a better conga line than "Love Train". Also, they need 80's Dance tunes you can actually dance to as some hits of the 80's are hard to dance to (at the current 80's Dance Party).

Old Activity: 70's Night

New Activity: 80's Night

They at least need to update the soundtrack, 70's were more than Disco. How 'bout getting rid of the Village People act and give us "Two Tickets to Paradise".

"Hot Hot Hot" would make a better conga line than "Love Train". Also, they need 80's Dance tunes you can actually dance to as some hits of the 80's are hard to dance to (at the current 80's Dance Party).

Here's an idea for an organized activity at sail away for people without balconies facing the pier.

Listening to "Lido Shuffle" (a song from the 70's that doesn't get played on 70's Night), the song begins with "Lido missed the boat...". People on the Lido deck, (or pool deck) can cheer on the stragglers running back to the ship. Last one on board gets a free watch from the gift shop. Those who don't make it back on in time gets serenaded by a chorus of "Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye" as the ship sails away.

Here's an idea for an organized activity at sail away for people without balconies facing the pier.

Listening to "Lido Shuffle" (a song from the 70's that doesn't get played on 70's Night), the song begins with "Lido missed the boat...". People on the Lido deck, (or pool deck) can cheer on the stragglers running back to the ship. Last one on board gets a free watch from the gift shop. Those who don't make it back on in time gets serenaded by a chorus of "Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye" as the ship sails away.

Lol that has made my day thanks lol xx

To those of you who suggested skeet shooting:

I have already pitched a similar, well-thought-out activity to Royal Caribbean, and much to my surprise, they did not add it.

I think that on Oasis and Allure, there should be paint-ball shooting at the zipliners.

:D

I like this idea! It would be even better if the zipliners could shoot back!!:cool::D

More arts and craft classes with no charge or maybe a small charge for materials like the jewelry making class.

I would love to have real Port talks. Not shopping but the history and culture of the island. And interesting things to see. I can shop at home and the islands are no longer the bargain they used to be.

It is hard though given the size of the ships to do some of the fun activities of bygone days.

Pool games like Spoon Diving, where silverware is thrown into the pool and contestants had to retrieve it, or the Plastic Fruit in the pool. Women only in two piece suits. Some found creative ways to stuff fruit into a bikini.

I used to enjoy the horse racing before they started selling the horses. It was strictly pari mutuel betting before the race.

Skeet shooting was fun too.

But this was all on the Nordic Prince in '86. The ship held a whopping 1200 pax!!

The Celebtrity Reflection has The Art Studio which I think would be fun on a RCCL ship:

"The Art Studio

Get creative. The Art Studio, our new venue on The Lawn Club, is home to two Master Artists from The ArtCenter/South Florida. They'll host interactive classes and hands-on demonstrations in jewelry making, beading, sketching, painting, even drink mixology, culinary lessons, taste tests and chef-prepared dinners."

My vote would go for proper port lectures. Not ones that just push the ship excursions or concentrate on shopping! We had them on a Canaries cruise once and they were very well attended and added a lot to the day on shore.

Not too much to do but relax on sea days, but additional sports for older guys would be nice. A wind proof or almost, court for pickle ball, or platform tennis would be nice, not all, but many of us are still capable of heavy exercise and competition, even in our 70's.

Meditation, is fabulous, had a class on a long long cruise around South America, the theater was filled and you could only hears the instructor, and a pin drop.

Please no old guys using old high school or college material some how adapted to a computer giving lectures on interesting places, but but, not making it fun, or do it before bed time.

It would be nice if there were a big room for kids/adults w/ trampolines (not the normal kind you're thinking of ) we have something in our town called jumpzone. there bouncy but on the floor for adults and kids - burns off lots of energy/fun, kids would stay there forever and big waterslides.

The Enchantment has something for you: :D

The Jump Zone has attracted many passengers on this sailing. . .

P20.JPG

I was almost scared to create this post for fear there would be some cruise ship passenger that would whine about the activities that I mentioned and how I should quit complaining and enjoy my cruise blah blah blah, but I am very surprised on what GREAT ideas everyone has (even the paintball ones) which by the way was pretty funny. All of them sound like something I would enjoy myself. I hope cruise lines are looking into new activities as the same ol' ones are getting very boring. I absolutely love the idea of history of the areas where the ships are going to ports. I never attend port lectures as I agree they are targeting shopping. Even going to trivia is not fun anymore as some passengers get a little too serious when you win the plastic ship or key ring and they don't. Thank you to all who responded. I even like Bingo on the lido deck for merchandise instead of money such as bottle of wine, spa treatment, robe (not the ones you sneak in your luggage), gift card at the photo or stores on ship; things like that.

I love the Amazing Race - so much I tried out for it! (Never even considered me, but I stood in line long enough!)

Starting on the first day, you get paired with someone you DON'T know. Each port provides you with a challenge, similar to the show.

However, I would want to race with my husband. He is very intelligent, logical and can read a map - something that eludes me EVERY single time.

Archived