Pinnacle at age 25!!!

My two eldest sons who are over 18 and still live with us have cruised once, and they have platinum status and same points as me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's common for Royal to miss fixing the C&A points when children turn 18. However, people have reported that points do get "fixed", most often when the child cruises next.

Sorry to say Jason, that's what happened with us. It took a while to catch up with them and right up to just before our last cruise they were Diamond Plus (as we are) and showing the same number of points as us (despite being 21 and 20) but just before our last cruise they reverted back to the level we were at when they turned 18 and to the points they'd earned themselves. Thankfully the cruise we took just before our oldest turned 18 made us (and therefore him) Diamond.

Hope they don't catch up with you but don't count on it. ;)

You are the second person to say that. :) Why do i not "get" it?????? :confused::o

Ryano... it is a reference to a kid's TV show called "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody." They are teenagers who go to 'school' and live on a cruise ship.

Thanks for asking. It was lost on me too.

Ryano... it is a reference to a kid's TV show called "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody." They are teenagers who go to 'school' and live on a cruise ship.

Technically, the show was "The Suite Life on Deck", the sequel show to the original "Suite Life". :p

Can you tell my kids watch a lot of Disney Channel. :o

Technically, the show was "The Suite Life on Deck", the sequel show to the original "Suite Life". :p

Can you tell my kids watch a lot of Disney Channel. :o

Okay, SoccerDad72... you are right. My kids are teenagers now and it has been a while for me. Suite Life on Deck, I shall never forget the name again. ;)

I confess to being a little jealous. I wouldn't mind being 25 again :)

I hope this person realizes how incredibly fortunate they are to have these luxuries. I also wonder why someone who is 25 wants to be on a cruise ship so much unless they work there... but I digress.

Tom

Just got back from a cruise, where the loyalty ambassador mentioned that there was a guest onboard who, at age 23, was roughly 150 points away from Pinnacle. Based on the cruises booked, this person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25!!!

Could you imagine being 25 and Pinnacle!!!??

Pinnacle doesn't pass to children, it does for all the other levels.

After children's 18th birthdays their status goes to what it would be based on their number of cruises, not their parents. So this person has 550 of their own points.

Yup!

BonVoyage

Dawna

You'll get no flames from me. In fact, I don't see this as an accomplishment at all. An accomplishment would be a degree. Pinnacle at 25 is just bizarre to me.

LOL We can always count on Aquahound to cut to the chase! :)

At 25 I was in grad school only dreaming of one day going on a cruise !

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

I confess to being a little jealous. I wouldn't mind being 25 again :)

I hope this person realizes how incredibly fortunate they are to have these luxuries. I also wonder why someone who is 25 wants to be on a cruise ship so much unless they work there... but I digress.

Tom

If I had a choice? To heck with Pinnacle and the degree, I'll take 25 again too. :D

most likely he took cruises when he was young with family and that's how he got it.

my five year old will most likely be diamond or diamond plus when hes in his teens. when I took my first cruise it was in 2004 three nites inside rm then again I took another short cruise in april 05 3 nites didn't cruise again til march 09 four nites don't know when the points system changed can someone tell me how did the points add up before they changed it

after my cruise in 2009 I cruised again in may 2012 three nites all were in a inside rm until this past march we had a js 3 niter now im platnum

At 50 cruising is special treat for me. It's taken 10 years to get to D+.

At 25 going to beach and sleeping in the car or a tent was big fun.

What is the Golden child going to do in his 50's for fun?

I guess my working class roots are showing.:D

My teens think going to the beach is fun and camping is fun and cruises are fun, and renting houses in various locations is fun and staying in youth hostels in various locations is fun, etc.

At 40, so do I.

Is there some reason you think you cannot enjoy certain things at an older age if you experienced them while younger? :confused:

I agree with a PP that cruise can often be the best vacation value for the money. DD16 hopes to be able to save and take one each year even while in college. Hopefully we can also afford to take her on one as a family vacation as well.

BTW--we DO worry about college costs and a combination of us paying, her having a scholarship and a small amount of loans will make up the payments. We still want to travel some though; it is a priority for us, and cruises ARE the least expensive way to travel for us, so that is likely to be the even more common mode when she is in school (and her brother, who, BTW DOES want to work on a ship some day).

Get what??

My question asking if his name was Zach or Cody. It's a reference to a kids TV show where 2 brothers (Zach, Cody) live on a cruise ship. It was a popular TV show a few years ago. I'm sure it's still playing on re-runs.

A few years ago my grandson met a boy his age on a cruise (I think they were 11), this boy was from Texas and cruising with his retired grandmother who cruises alot. The boy was already D+ status on his own and grandma said she takes turns between her grandchildren to go on cruises with her, they always stay in Suites and lived close to a cruise port, so grandma cruised most of the summer with the kids.

We have a different scenerio in our family than most of you are describing, DH & I always take this grandson on cruises with us, so at 15 he has been on 13 RCCL cruises (1 a year since he was 3) and is Diamond by his own right. He actually lives with my DD so has a different address from us. My DD has been on about 5 cruises but when GS reached Diamond status, she was given Diamond status too. And her fiance who lives with them received Diamond status after his 1st cruise. So the status matching works in reverse too, I think my DDs points only reflect what she has actually earned though.

My teens think going to the beach is fun and camping is fun and cruises are fun, and renting houses in various locations is fun and staying in youth hostels in various locations is fun, etc.

At 40, so do I.

Is there some reason you think you cannot enjoy certain things at an older age if you experienced them while younger? :confused:

I agree with a PP that cruise can often be the best vacation value for the money. DD16 hopes to be able to save and take one each year even while in college. Hopefully we can also afford to take her on one as a family vacation as well.

BTW--we DO worry about college costs and a combination of us paying, her having a scholarship and a small amount of loans will make up the payments. We still want to travel some though; it is a priority for us, and cruises ARE the least expensive way to travel for us, so that is likely to be the even more common mode when she is in school (and her brother, who, BTW DOES want to work on a ship some day).

Well to answer your :confused: question.

With my own experience and those I see... As I have gotten older..My income has grown as have my tastes and expectations. My vacations have gotten more extravagant and expensive. No my friend at 50 I do not relish the thought of sleeping in the car at the beach or even in a tent on the beach as I did when I was younger. I can afford an air conditioned RV/room/cabin etc. now if I want one. Point being I slept in a tent because at 25 I could not afford more. Sure I enjoyed myself and did not know or care of what I might have been missing if I had money. Yes at 50 there are some things I would not enjoying doing again.

So this young man, Pinnacle at 25, as he ages and hopefully his tastes refine and hopefully his income grows.. what will he advance to? Appears he started well ahead of most of us. This is all its not rocket science

Well to answer your :confused: question.

With my own experience and those I see... As I have gotten older..My income has grown as have my tastes and expectations. My vacations have gotten more extravagant and expensive. No my friend at 50 I do not relish the thought of sleeping in the car at the beach or even in a tent on the beach as I did when I was younger. I can afford an air conditioned RV/room/cabin etc. now if I want one. Point being I slept in a tent because at 25 I could not afford more. Sure I enjoyed myself and did not know or care of what I might have been missing if I had money. Yes at 50 there are some things I would not enjoying doing again.

So this young man, Pinnacle at 25, as he ages and hopefully his tastes refine and hopefully his income grows.. what will he advance to? Appears he started well ahead of most of us. This is all its not rocket science

Well, some of us don't get so jaded I guess. I still enjoy camping and youth hostels (nicer ones, I did not want to backpack across Europe and stay in the really bad ones even at 22). I cruise in little interior rooms up to (once) an Owner's suite and on bigger ships and little ones, and enjoy the variety.

I guess, from my 40 year old perspective, I would assume this young man, and others who are lucky enough to grow up getting to cruise a lot, will either continue to enjoy cruising on RCI, or he'll try some new and different vacations (maybe he has never camped and that will be as novel and new to him as cruising was one to you), or he'll move up to nicer cruise lines or nicer cabins, or he'll cruise to different ports, etc.

My word, there is no end to the amazing opportunities to travel that this world offers. I simply cannot imagine running out of things to look forward to in that respect.

Well, some of us don't get so jaded I guess. I still enjoy camping and youth hostels (nicer ones, I did not want to backpack across Europe and stay in the really bad ones even at 22). I cruise in little interior rooms up to (once) an Owner's suite and on bigger ships and little ones, and enjoy the variety.

I guess, from my 40 year old perspective, I would assume this young man, and others who are lucky enough to grow up getting to cruise a lot, will either continue to enjoy cruising on RCI, or he'll try some new and different vacations (maybe he has never camped and that will be as novel and new to him as cruising was one to you), or he'll move up to nicer cruise lines or nicer cabins, or he'll cruise to different ports, etc.

My word, there is no end to the amazing opportunities to travel that this world offers. I simply cannot imagine running out of things to look forward to in that respect.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

I'm only 540 points away... and after the cruises I have booked currently I'll only be 496 away...

So if I sail in a JR Suite for at least 7 night cruises it'll only take me another 35 years to make it...

I'll be 85 by then and I'm sure RC will bump up the # of points I need 3 months before I make it...