a crappy lawsuit

shof515

Last week, attorney John Bruster Loyd filed a lawsuit on behalf of his clients Luke Cash and Ami "Summer" Gallagher stating that that couple had been aboard Carnival Cruise Lines' ill-fated Triumph excursion in February.

An engine-room fire on the Triumph left 3,100 passengers stranded at sea for days with limited food and toilet service, quickly becoming a media and business problem for the cruise line.

The only problem is that the couple wasn't aboard the Triumph.

More info at the source here: http://www.chron.com/news/article/Houston-couple-suing-Carnival-over-stranded-ship-4919622.php?cmpid=hpts

"They told me the correct thing but so much time had passed since we last spoke about the case I forgot the biggest detail, that they hadn't been on the boat," Loyd said

I absolutely LOVE this! He's a "lawyer" who forgot the the fact that they weren't on the ship???? Did he NOT think that Carnival wasn't going to check the passenger manifest? This is too funny for words. I would love to be in the courtroom for this hearing provided it's not thrown out...which I feel it would be. They all need to save themselves some embarassment and drop the case.

Is it a stretch that this couple booked a destination wedding cruise to Cozumel that was cancelled? I'm not saying they have a case but it's not that incomprehensible. One thing is for sure they need a new lawyer whether they have a case or not. Now that's incomprehensible. As for Carnival, their PR machine probably should have clammed up after it was pointed out that they weren't on the ship. There must have been a communication breakdown between legal and PR because no legal team would green light that statement.

I wonder if their wedding was booked through Carnival or through a third-party vendor. Much like excursions, if it is through Carnival and they have to cancel they will reimburse you--if it's not they don't have to do a thing for you.

They and their thirty sailing guests were scheduled on the cruise after the engine failure and since it was cancelled the wedding was as well.

They really should hire a new lawyer.

Here's the article about their wedding.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Couple-marries-aboard-yacht-in-Kemah-after-cruise-ship-disaster-cancels-wedding/-/1735978/18556242/-/7xxpxrz/-/index.html

I wonder if their wedding was booked through Carnival or through a third-party vendor. Much like excursions, if it is through Carnival and they have to cancel they will reimburse you--if it's not they don't have to do a thing for you.

They and their thirty sailing guests were scheduled on the cruise after the engine failure and since it was cancelled the wedding was as well.

They really should hire a new lawyer.

Here's the article about their wedding.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Couple-marries-aboard-yacht-in-Kemah-after-cruise-ship-disaster-cancels-wedding/-/1735978/18556242/-/7xxpxrz/-/index.html

Now I get it ... they were supposed to be on the next sailing while the ship was drifting afloat. Thanks for posting the article. I still don't think they have any recourse and the lawyer, well .... nevermind.

I watched a program a few years ago where filing a suit against a company without being involved is fairly common in big cities. They gave an example of an empty Philadelphia city bus that was involved in a minor fender bender. 36 suits were filed by the end the day the bus had it's altercation.

Archived